JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup. Big pair of Golden Arches, old sled in the lobby, some old precursor to Ronald the clown...

The place was somewhere along that triangle that connects Naches, Selah and....whatever that other place is that I can't remember off-hand.
Selah Hwy., Naches Rd., one of those places.
My dad and I were chuckar hunting out in Black Canyon and on the way back happened upon that place.
It was literally a wide spot on the side of the road and you just walked up and ordered from the girl.
I seem to remember the whole thing being made of plywood.
Huge burgers. That and a shake was like $7.00. "Highway robbery" in the mid-late 70's.

...sound like this "Miner's" place?

Definitely not Miner's then. Miner's is well into town. I think the third 'berg you're thinking about must be Gleed. Gleed lies on Hiway 410 just outside of Yakima city limits, at the bottom of the hill below Selah, and about 8 miles or so short of Naches. There are no burger joints or restaurants currently operating along either stretch of that highway.

I had to pull up Google Maps...

WENAS! That was the other place I couldn't think of.
Remember, we're coming from across the other side of the passes.
Dad would take 90 to Ellensburg, then turn onto 82, then 821 and wind down that road to Selah and work his way back up until we hit Black Canyon.
I have to admit, I was usually asleep as Dad drove out to these places, so I traced the highway looking at the map just now (still remember that time the tread ripped off one of the trailer tires at Ellensburg).
We figured out some kind of "loop" between those 3 towns and did some hunting all along there, but most of the hunting I remember is along that one ridge out by Kettle Flats in Black Canyon.
Funny thing was, to park out there you thought you were in this super remote area. Not a sole or a hut to be seen (a lot of fencing, though. Like someone had cattle or somekind of livestock. Don't know what they'd eat, though. It was all sage and not much else). We spent a few years not making to the end of that ridge, but one day, reached the end, only to find...…an RV park!
I looked down at my Dad, who was walking that ridge about 50 feet below me and said, "Hey Dad, think we oughta camp there next time?!".
He was like...:s0110:

Last Edited:
...and since I, once again, skewed another thread, allow me to try to get it back on track...
I'm sure I posted this here already, but the two guns I remember using on those Chukar hunting trips were...

GunCases_Dads.jpg
...the auto shotgun seen in the middle of the left side gun case. That's my dad's 11-48. He carried it for years. It was replaced by a 20 ga. 1100 lightweight, but its on the far left and can't be seen in this shot (well, you can make out the end of the stock).
Since we had to do a fair amount of climbing to get up that ridge (fairly steep and rocky end), I used my brother's Stevens 94 single (commonly referred to as "The 16 gauge" amongst my family members).
You can see it here, in the right side gun rack, second in from the right. It's next to my brother's Mauser (the dark gun).

Dean

That's a nice piece @EPS

Hopefully you'll rub some modern off on Andy!

I've always considered an era based muzzleloader.

For fun, and to hang in my room above the loading bench.

For now this is my, "muzzleloader".

799C9E36-8732-4E75-9369-0267AD071D34.jpeg

That's a nice piece @EPS

Hopefully you'll rub some modern off on Andy!

I've always considered an era based muzzleloader.

For fun, and to hang in my room above the loading bench.

For now this is my, "muzzleloader".

View attachment 491068
Lol well I kinda did rub some modern on him I helped him a little bit with his AR that he has .
Probably at the back of his safe behind the 30 muzzleloaders .lol

I fear you've been sold a bill of goods on that rifle. I don't see any way to mount the flint! :rolleyes:
Lol I told Andy the other day that it's a good thing I was going to meet up with Dan at 13:00 to buy this gun .
That gives me plenty of time to come home and drink beer .
And think about the fact that I just bought a new gun that I have to jam the bullet down the barrel.lol

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top