JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

I have a SIG P938.........

IMG_20181225_113527843.jpg

The reincarnated Gibbs #7 Jungle Carbine. Built on a 1967 Ishapore Mk IIA .308.
I've had to bone up on Enfields and it's been an enjoyable education.

@Velzey cleaned it up, bead blasted and parkerized it and I cleaned up and refinished the wood. I also had to change out the foregrip because of some damage so I bought a full sized one from Numrich and cut and reshaped it.

I just put it back together and I'm very happy with the result.

20190805_182136.jpg 20190805_182214.jpg 20190805_182048.jpg

Thank you.
I have an affinity for orphan guns for some reason.
I really love doing the woodworking. Once upon a time long before the EPA existed I had a furniture refinishing & restoration shop.

The reincarnated Gibbs #7 Jungle Carbine. Built on a 1967 Ishapore Mk IIA .308.
I've had to bone up on Enfields and it's been an enjoyable education.

@Velzey cleaned it up, bead blasted and parkerized it and I cleaned up and refinished the wood. I also had to change out the foregrip because of some damage so I bought a full sized one from Numrich and cut and reshaped it.

I just put it back together and I'm very happy with the result.

View attachment 606270View attachment 606271View attachment 606272
My Dad had one in near perfect shape but .303 and I passed on it after he passed away. My Brother now owns it and I am kicking myself. I don't remember what Mk or No. it was.

Last Edited:
It's a repro made by Gibbs Firearms maybe twenty years or more ago. Same guy owned Navy Arms.

I'm pretty sure that your Dad's would have been a #5. :)

It's a repro made by Gibbs Firearms maybe twenty years or more ago. Same guy owned Navy Arms.

I'm pretty sure that your Dad's would have been a #5. :)
It didn't look any different than my No. IV other than the short length and the flash hider. I wish that I had paid more attention. It would now be in my safe instead of my Brother's. Looking it up, you are most likely right on the No. 5.

Finished this this morning, PSA 10.5" Shockwave pistol kit w/complete upper, Anderson lower, Tactical Expressions Punisher Girl pins, trigger guard and grip, Larue MBT trigger, YHM Annihilator f/h, Magpul SL handguard and an SBA4 brace.

I built it for my fiance, it's my first build and all things considered it went pretty well considering that I started in the basement of the learning curve.

She jokes that she has short arms/T. Rex arms, so I couldn't help myself, see pics.

20190806_092756.jpg 20190806_092337.jpg 20190806_092350.jpg 20190806_092411.jpg

Last Edited:
Finished this this morning, PSA 10.5" Shockwave pistol kit w/complete upper, Anderson lower, Tactical Expressions Punisher Girl pins and grip, Larue MBT trigger, Magpul SL handguard and an SBA 4 brace.

I built it for my fiance, it's my first build and all things considered it went pretty well considering that I started in the basement of the learning curve.

She jokes that she has short arms/T. Rex arms, so I couldn't help myself, see pics.

View attachment 606401 View attachment 606402
Cool. What was the hardest part outside of paying for it? For me it's always the trigger guard. I always use the Magpul polymer part. Maybe the steel GI part goes in easier.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top