JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know only crazy people name their guns right?
I originally called it the black widow build... then picked up "Scarlett" color RIT dye to color my Pmags to match... Scarlett Johansson is top of my Celebrity Cheat list( wife's are mostly WWE guys:rolleyes:) and she plays the Black Widow in the Avenger Films...So Scarlett became her name for multiple reasons... but it always was/is the Black Widow build:s0155:

It's OK @EPS yours can be a black widow too..
Maybe AR pistols with red accents should all be called black widow builds... makes since to me:s0155:
I get credit for being the first though;)

You know only crazy people name their guns right?
I originally called it the black widow build... then picked up "Scarlett" color RIT dye to color my Pmags to match... Scarlett Johansson is top of my Celebrity Cheat list( wife's are mostly WWE guys:rolleyes:) and she plays the Black Widow in the Avenger Films...So Scarlett became her name for multiple reasons... but it always was/is the Black Widow build:s0155:
My sister tease me all the time .
Ever sense I bought the DVD years ago.
The perfect score.
That's the first movie I saw her in.
Lol

It's OK @EPS yours can be a black widow too..
Maybe AR pistols with red accents should all be called black widow builds... makes since to me:s0155:
I get credit for being the first though;)
You get credit for the the first Scarlett .
Because I saw your gun a few years ago.
But I didn't put two and two together.

I have a type. 20190702_183132.jpg

I don't show off often because it's kinda tacky, but I'm pretty proud of this little group. Took 20 years to assemble. 3/4 of the hardest BLR calibers of obtain. Just missing the Holy Grail, a Kones Korner 25/06. Only 150 made.

257 Roberts
222 Rem NIB
284 Win
Browning 92 in 357

05BEC8CA-2F0B-43A6-88B5-6E6C69B9955A.jpeg

Micro Roni G4 + Gen 4 Glock 19:

0000000000000.JPG 000000000000000.JPG

I recently got Micro Roni kit for Glock on sale for $150 on Botach. Since I decided to get out of .300 Blackout I started to get into, I took the EOTech & MBUS(Magpul backup sights) off of the Bushmaster Blackout upper, installed them on Micro Roni. I was digging the way it looked, liked how it shot, but it did this 3, 4 times:

000000000000.JPG

Since my Glock's been flawless before/after Micro Roni, I thought maybe its charging handle caused friction, maybe I was holding the stock funny when I shot.... I showed my coworker this photo today & I think he nailed it: It's hitting the bottom of the EOTech & bouncing back into the ejection port. I come home, inspect the thing & sure enough, you can see the marks where cases were hitting 5/8" of EOTech sticking right over the port(sight's really wide for this gun). I'm going to clear path of the port for next time & see how it goes. God, I'm so stupid. :eek:

Excuse me for getting a little off-topic. But I have to ask and comment.

So you won't 'pack' a revolver (most of which don't have 'safeties')?

The DA/SA SIGs usually don't have safeties, but have about the same pull weight as a revolver. I believe other DA/SA semi-autos are about the same.

I think (but do not know) that at least some significant number of gun accidents of the sort you are thinking of, are probably because someone was in some sort of hurry when taking their gun out of their holster. While I am sure there are cases where this is necessary, it isn't always necessary even in a self-defense situation if a person is paying attention.

"Thinking of"... More like remembering. Have seen a few revolver injuries, the most vivid was a fellow brought in after sticking his .41 Mag SA in his waist band on half cock. No experience with DA/SA semi-autos. Were a few instances where Glock's were triggered by an obstruction in a holster.

"Thinking of"... More like remembering. Have seen a few revolver injuries, the most vivid was a fellow brought in after sticking his .41 Mag SA in his waist band on half cock. No experience with DA/SA semi-autos. Were a few instances where Glock's were triggered by an obstruction in a holster.

Sure, I don't doubt it. I've seen people injured by doing stupid things - I've made a few mis-steps myself.

But you didn't answer my question about revolvers and safeties.

No gun is foolproof.

Personally, I feel safer with a DA/SA SIG than I with a SA 1911 and a safety. Indeed, the one and only negligent discharge I have witnessed was with a 1911 type pistol that had a safety.

Sure, I don't doubt it. I've seen people injured by doing stupid things - I've made a few mis-steps myself.

No gun is foolproof.

Personally, I feel safer with a DA/SA SIG than I with a SA 1911 and a safety. Indeed, the one and only negligent discharge I have witnessed was with a 1911 type pistol that had a safety

No gun is foolproof.

Personally, I feel safer with a DA/SA SIG than I with a SA 1911 and a safety. Indeed, the one and only negligent discharge I have witnessed was with a 1911 type pistol that had a safety.

Have not carried a revolver for defense in 40 years. Not because of safety concerns. My i8sue is that Glock pistols stand out in my medical experience as inherently more dangerous to the carrier in terms of ND's associated with manner of carry. If you wish to ignore such risks, that is your call.

Have not carried a revolver for defense in 40 years. Not because of safety concerns. My i8sue is that Glock pistols stand out in my medical experience as inherently more dangerous to the carrier in terms of ND's associated with manner of carry. If you wish to ignore such risks, that is your call.

I don't ignore the risks - I am well aware of them - but in my experience NDs are usually due to stupidity, not equipment.

Maybe you see more injuries with Glocks because they are an extremely common and popular pistol?

There are a LOT of other pistols out there that closely copy the trigger and firing mechanism of Glocks.

Correlation does not equal causation.

YMMV.

No, they're not mine. At least not yet. Friend of a friend wants to find out what these are, and what they might be worth. I told him I'd learn what I could from the numerous and varied experts here. And maybe make him an offer. So far, I know the one on the bottom is a tube fed .22 Stevens. Beyond that... who knows? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

id these 1.jpg

id these 2.jpg

My sister tease me all the time .
Ever sense I bought the DVD years ago.
The perfect score.
That's the first movie I saw her in.
Lol
Lost in Translation was from the year before. You've never seen that one?
Man, that was a HUGE movie! I thought EVERYONE had seen that one.
Cinema Classic. Check it out if you've never seen it.
I first saw her in The Man who wasn't there. She was a teenager back then. Another great movie that never gets the respect it should.

Dean

No, they're not mine. At least not yet. Friend of a friend wants to find out what these are, and what they might be worth. I told him I'd learn what I could from the numerous and varied experts here. And maybe make him an offer. So far, I know the one on the bottom is a tube fed .22 Stevens. Beyond that... who knows? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

View attachment 596797

View attachment 596798
The one above the Stevens is an Enfield. Might be a Jungle Carbine version.
The one above that one is another Enfield, I think. Might be a Pattern 14.

...otherwise....

...will AndyinEverson please pick up the white courtesy phone.....AndyinEverson…..please pick up The White Courtesy Phone....

View attachment 596797

View attachment 596798
Top rifle looks like a 1888 ( w/ Ramrod Bayonet ) model of the 1873 Trapdoor Springfield rifle...
Second from top looks like a "Sporter" made carbine of the 1873 Trapdoor rifle series...
Third from top looks like a 1917 "Enfield" the red and white stripe indicate .30-06 while in use in England...
Fourth from top looks like a "Sporter" made Enfield No4 rifle...
Bottom rifle looks like a older Marlin , Mossberg or Maybe Remington .22 tube fed rifle...

Just guesses here...
Andy
Edit to add :
So much for my guesses here..I see that the bottom rifle has been seen to be a Stevens...well I never claimed to be an expert of anything...LOL

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top