JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The one above the Stevens is an Enfield. Might be a Jungle Carbine version.
The one above that one is another Enfield, I think. Might be a Pattern 14.

...otherwise....

...will AndyinEverson please pick up the white courtesy phone.....AndyinEverson…..please pick up The White Courtesy Phone....
It always helps if you do it this way.
@AndyinEverson .
Then he gets a note saying he was mentioned in a post.

Micro Roni G4 + Gen 4 Glock 19:

View attachment 596678 View attachment 596676

I recently got Micro Roni kit for Glock on sale for $150 on Botach. Since I decided to get out of .300 Blackout I started to get into, I took the EOTech & MBUS(Magpul backup sights) off of the Bushmaster Blackout upper, installed them on Micro Roni. I was digging the way it looked, liked how it shot, but it did this 3, 4 times:

View attachment 596681

Since my Glock's been flawless before/after Micro Roni, I thought maybe its charging handle caused friction, maybe I was holding the stock funny when I shot.... I showed my coworker this photo today & I think he nailed it: It's hitting the bottom of the EOTech & bouncing back into the ejection port. I come home, inspect the thing & sure enough, you can see the marks where cases were hitting 5/8" of EOTech sticking right over the port(sight's really wide for this gun). I'm going to clear path of the port for next time & see how it goes. God, I'm so stupid. :eek:
Yep that big EOTECH.
hanging over the side .
Is probably the problem.

I don't ignore the risks - I am well aware of them - but in my experience NDs are usually due to stupidity, not equipment.

Maybe you see more injuries with Glocks because they are an extremely common and popular pistol?

There are a LOT of other pistols out there that closely copy the trigger and firing mechanism of Glocks.

Correlation does not equal causation.

YMMV.
My experience is what it is. I will not carry a pistol with out a positive safety.

Top rifle looks like a 1888 ( w/ Ramrod Bayonet ) model of the 1873 Trapdoor Springfield rifle...
Second from top looks like a "Sporter" made carbine of the 1873 Trapdoor rifle series...
Third from top looks like a 1917 "Enfield" the red and white stripe indicate .30-06 while in use in England...
Fourth from top looks like a "Sporter" made Enfield No4 rifle...
Bottom rifle looks like a older Marlin , Mossberg or Maybe Remington .22 tube fed rifle...

Just guesses here...
Andy
Edit to add :
So much for my guesses here..I see that the bottom rifle has been seen to be a Stevens...well I never claimed to be an expert of anything...LOL
Sorry about that Andy. When I made that post, I thought the top two were muzzle loaders.
It wasn't until Later I noticed they were trapdoors
...and speaking of those guns...
Wouldn't the carbine be a Calvaryman's rifle?...of course, Teflon never said they had US Army markings on them.....hmmm....never mind. :confused::oops::rolleyes: ( ;) )

The top gun is some iteration of a trapdoor Springfield. The next one down is a sport arise version of a trapdoor Springfield. Below that is either a P 14 or a 1917 Enfield in a drill purpose stock. Below that is a sporterized Enfield (looks like a no. 4, but can't be sure).

Values are all over the place. A lot depends on conditions, which are best evaluated in person. If the Enfield is a drill rifle, that hurts the value of the collection.

ADDED: The red and white band on the Enfield stock indicates a drill purpose stock. You can also see the circular cutout just in front of the receiver where the demilled the barrel.
The lend lease rifles had just a red band, I believe...

Last Edited:
I didn't have anything to do today.
So I finished up my sister's gun.
MVIMG_20190703_161930.jpg MVIMG_20190703_161922.jpg MVIMG_20190703_161905.jpg

Picked this one up recently at Oregon Arms Collectors monthly collector gun show. It's a pretty decent old Remington Rolling Block #1 Sporting Rifle. It started life as a mundane .38 Long, but I'd guess the bore was bad form too much BP ammo, and somebody relined it to .357" liner and chambered it to .38 Special. A much better caliber for my use, and no heeled bullets to mess with for reloading!
Should be a fun plinker, and in a few weeks I'll take it along to our annual long range shoot and see how far I can stretch it out! I added a vernier tang sight, and Beach Combination front sight to it for more accurate shooting.

View attachment 594056

View attachment 594057

View attachment 594058

I swear I saw you when you were haggling with the guy that had that rifle. I was kinda looking over your shoulder and listening in a bit. Didn't want to stand and stare too long and appear creepy. :D I've got a thing for those Remington rolling blocks. I have one that's a non shooter that some have suggested I should look into getting something done it.

Well, I figured he could just pick up The White Courtesy Phone and talk to Teflon about it, but a note that he's been mentioned in a post at a firearms forum works too.

;)
Trusticles, I'd rather be here pimping you guys for info about some old guns I might try to acquire. But, alas, I'm ripping out carpet and liner so I can seal and paint walls throughout my entire upper story, probably 1500 sg ft. Then I get to install hardwood floor that visibly lines up in 6 rooms on a long hall.

I think the thing I hate worst about getting old is sweat dripping, pooling and running inside the lenses of my glasses. Don't get old, kids, it's a trap!

I know NOTHING about the "Springers," except that condition is crucial, prices are all over, clones exist, and some are worth a LOT more than others. I don't see any engraving on these where the sweet ones on the Internet say "Springfield, etc."

I'm guessing by the numbers and stripes painted on #s 3 & 4 that they were some sort of military training pieces, picked up daily, roundly abused by thousands, maybe cleaned (perhaps a lot) and turned back in. If I go back to see them, I'll take some very specific pics.

Last Edited:
It's OK @EPS yours can be a black widow too..
Maybe AR pistols with red accents should all be called black widow builds... makes since to me:s0155:
I get credit for being the first though;)
Well I decided I will call mine RED DAWN.
LOL well I will call it that but my friends and family will let me know if they like it or not I'M SURE.

You know only crazy people name their guns right?
I originally called it the black widow build... then picked up "Scarlett" color RIT dye to color my Pmags to match... Scarlett Johansson is top of my Celebrity Cheat list( wife's are mostly WWE guys:rolleyes:) and she plays the Black Widow in the Avenger Films...So Scarlett became her name for multiple reasons... but it always was/is the Black Widow build:s0155:
Lol all my guns have names .
I guess I'm crazy

Well I decided I will call mine RED DAWN.
LOL well I will call it that but my friends and family will let me know if they like it or not I'M SURE.
Brilliant... just Dawn for short! I love it.
BTW... your sanity(or lack there of)is a well known here on NWFA buddy...
That's why we love ya ;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads