JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unless its a FFP scope I rarely ever adjust magnification, so its a waste for me tbh. Really the scope budget is $1,300, I'm just trying to keep it under $700 to have money for even more magazines and ammo.
Ever look at the Vortex Strike Eagle?
It's a decent 1-6X and if you so choose, you could just leave it at 6X, but it'd be nice to be able to dial it down to 1X for up close fast shots.

Just a thought.

For 3-gun I had a fixed Nikon P-223 3X that worked very well out to 300 yds.
It does have a few hash marks under the main cross hairs that could be used for hold overs once you determined your drop.

Not all scopes are meant for that. Which is why I'm focusing on a low powered optic. I think I got one in mind now.
FWIW, my dad and I figured out a long time ago something in the 1.25-1.5X range works real good for close up work...helps ya see though the brush, nicely.
Unless you've got real good (young) eyes, 1X is a bit weak.

...just an FYI2ya. =)

Dean

802bf7b7236d16261f358fcff9cf5b2b.png
Doesn't look too bad with a Steiner M332... Too bad I couldn't get a scope on the rifle while keeping the iron sights. Only red dots would work, and I can't do red dots. :(

Thanks. It can kinda work with iron sights, but its a bit of a strain on the neck, and really digs into your shoulder. Also the mount digs into your pinky a little too.

Despite what the usual claim about magazines are, magazine swaps came more naturally to me with a bullpup than a standard rifle. o_O

Interesting comments.
I see the grip handle and would never think about holding the gun differently.
I can see how a mag swap would be a quick and easy affair. Are you using the left (forward) hand to grab the mag? That's how I envision it.
As for me & Bullpups, the M14 conversion ( <broken link removed> ) is the one that gets my attention.
There appears no alterations to barrel / action (except trigger), only the stock. This allows you to take advantage of the 22" barrel but in a much more compact configuration.

Dean

Yes the forward hand is what I use. Mag changes are normally not ideal on bullpups for everyone though.

I looked into the bullpup conversion for a M1A/M14. Its interesting buts its almost 15 pounds.

View attachment 346689
Doesn't look too bad with a Steiner M332... Too bad I couldn't get a scope on the rifle while keeping the iron sights. Only red dots would work, and I can't do red dots. :(
Nice this is the problem I have with this style of rifle is unless it ejects shells straight up or straight down it's not good because correct me if I'm wrong but you can't shoot that gun left handed because shells would eject into you face

Yeah, but it feels much lighter once you get it up on your shoulder.

Dean
This is true. Its easier to hold a bullpup up for aiming (almost feels weightless on the support hand).

Nice this is the problem I have with this style of rifle is unless it ejects shells straight up or straight down it's not good because correct me if I'm wrong but you can't shoot that gun left handed because shells would eject into you face
The Aug is easy to convert to left hand shooting. Switch ejection port cover and bolt then done. Otherwise, yes unless you like brass hitting you in the face.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top