JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking at past shootings the killers were on drugs for psychological problems.
If he is at Mercy they are being tight lipped nothing else since the scanner said, so its not confirmed whether the suspect is alive or dead at this time. They are still clearing the school .

So, if the shooter turns out not to be a white tea party member, how quickly will this story go away? If it's one of their own protected classes of minorities?

I'm wondering. One article I read actually pointed out that the campus was a gun free zone. I may be excessively optimistic, but do ya'll think at about some point that the public will begin to realize that the common denominator is the gun free zone?

No politics right now. Just a sad heart. The victims of this go beyond the dead and wounded. Sadly this event will be felt for years.

If you pray, pray. If you don't, well, rationalize or whatever else.

But no politics today. This shouldn't be about which side can get on top of it quicker.

Sorry but it is all politics, gun free murder zones set up by progressives have let killers have free reign to murder our families.

Edited to add, I have no idea if this school is gun free zone, I was making general point.

this is a direct result of the Left's agenda which, using "Feminism" to destroy the family and Manhood in general has produced millions of broken, humiliated males world wide, all of whom see themselves as powerless victims with a huge grudge.
this guy says it better than I:

Ugh... time for more dumba$$ gun laws to protect the innocent. Because our current laws aren't working great.

Everyone who is willing and capable of... should be carrying concealed so when some yahoo shows up with a gun and tries to kill/harm, he can be put down like a vicious animal!

They will yap about this on TV for a few days and act like they really care about the dead, and it will be forgotten soon after. Some A-hole will also say we need to do something to make sure this never happens again and it will happen again a short time later.

R.I.P all those who lost their lives.... :(

Last Edited:
It's obviously a hoax. This could never happen.

UCC IS A GUN-FREE ZONE.

So you know any such stories of massacre are an impossibility.

Wasn't there a court ruling that protected legally-licensed citizens who carried on college and university campuses?
Please provide a link and a cite. This will become important over the next several days.

Wasn't there a court ruling that protected legally-licensed citizens who carried on college and university campuses?
Please provide a link and a cite. This will become important over the next several days.

Saw the sites but can't post them here as this site won't allow it. What the CC site said before it was taken down is the college is a gun free zone, however that seems to conflict with state law.

From UCC's own website:

"The Umpqua Community College Campus is considered to be a safe and secure place for higher learning. We want everyone to be safe and secure. Please familiarize yourself with our safety and security information. It may help you or someone you know."

"Possession, use, or threatened use of firearms (including but not limited to BB guns, air guns, water pistols, and paint guns) ammunition, explosives, dangerous chemicals, or any other objects as weapons on college property, except as expressly authorized by law or college regulations, is prohibited.

Possession of knives with a blade longer than 4" is prohibited.

Brandishing weapons is prohibited.

Misuse of personal defensive weapons – e.g., pepper spray, etc. is prohibited. The owner is responsible and accountable for any misuse of these devices."

Emphasis is mine...

SOURCE: https://web.archive.org/web/20150316175339/http://umpqua.edu/safety-security-information

Also confirmed as such in this article:

http://thefederalist.com/2015/10/01...s-oregan-shooting-calls-for-more-gun-control/

So, technically it's not necessarily a "Gun free zone" so much as it's a restricted zone. Of course, the shooter probably wasn't a lawful concealed carry person either.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top