JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
You do know that 13 and 14 year old's are not allowed to buy guns, right? So this example doesn't really fit your "we need to make a law banning bad people from getting guns" mantra. Hell, if a 13 year old can get a gun illegally, then just imagine how easy it is for an adult with cash to get a guns illegally.

Lets not forget those in the government that say "you don't need a weapon capable of killing as many people as fast as possible" aren't really looking at "doing something" to stop "mass shootings".................

Former State Sen. Leland Yee pleads guilty, admits to gun-running, extortion, bribes
Ex-Calif. State Sen. Leland Yee, gun control champion, heading to prison for weapons trafficking

Ray
Moving the goal posts. No surprise there.

Maryland teen's mass shooting plot at high school stopped by her parents

Better?

Last Edited:
I specifically stated that people we know for sure are going to use those for the purposes of a terrorist attack, should be banned from purchasing. No one on here debates whether felons should be allowed firearms, so why would you want mass shooters to have these weapons? Felons are not ok with you, but mass shooters is fine? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

The other countries all laugh at us whenever these things happen. Like my Canadian friend said "Mass shootings are as American as baseball and apple pie!"

I'm probably in the minority on this subject and think if felons were put away for a non-violent crime they should still have firearms rights. I don't recall who said it or if it is a real quote, but I believe it went "no free man shall be barred the use of arms". I think I agree with that. If a man has paid his debt to society then give him back his rights. If we are afraid to have him armed then I don't want him anywhere near me and think he ought to still be locked up. Or throw him on an island à la Ray Liotta in the 1994 movie No Escape.

I wish this Bill would have been killed instead of the SHARE act Bill would limit military equipment to cops

R5eGZvYTos4QkuBamuepdeM5buXrsQxX_h264_3800_640x360_352078403544.jpg

You can thank the ALCU. For that problem.......they are the ones that sued Gov Regan and made him empty the state hospitals.

I know all about it. I was a psych tech while in college, working nights. I worked the Men's Admissions and Intensive Care Ward, more affectionately known as T-1. There was no doubt about who needed to be locked up for 72 hours. When the sheriff brings somebody in who's been chasing his wife around the block, nude, with a meat cleaver, there's no doubt. Most of these shooters were crazy as a bed bug, like Loughner. Without meds they are easy to spot. Meds calm them down, but they're still observably crazy. Some time during that 72 hours they were evaluated by a psychiatrist and several staff members. Then they got a court hearing before a judge. If the person was judged to be a danger to himself or others he was signed up for 6 weeks of inpatient treatment. We turned some of them around during those 6 weeks, but a lot of them got the revolving door treatment. But at least they weren't out murdering people.

And don't feel too sorry for Ronnie. He was sued right into balancing his State of California budget by closing the state hospitals. He cried all the way to the bank. They put seriously crazy and dangerous people in flophouse hotels at $10 a day, which they were supposed to pay out of their GA checks. Minimum GA was $300 a month in those days, so if they were lucky they could buy some food. People who couldn't tie their own shoes were trusted to medicate themselves, like that was going to work. I predicted at the time that we would have crimes like we've never seen before and guess what, that's what we got. The very first case of murder committed by one of these former "clients" was killing his mother, who he was sent home to live with. He cut up her body in the bathtub with a chainsaw. Don't get me started.

I'm probably in the minority on this subject and think if felons were put away for a non-violent crime they should still have firearms rights. I don't recall who said it or if it is a real quote, but I believe it went "no free man shall be barred the use of arms". I think I agree with that. If a man has paid his debt to society then give him back his rights. If we are afraid to have him armed then I don't want him anywhere near me and think he ought to still be locked up. Or throw him on an island à la Ray Liotta in the 1994 movie No Escape.

I think you have a valid point.

I specifically stated that people we know for sure are going to use those for the purposes of a terrorist attack, should be banned from purchasing. No one on here debates whether felons should be allowed firearms, so why would you want mass shooters to have these weapons? Felons are not ok with you, but mass shooters is fine? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

The other countries all laugh at us whenever these things happen. Like my Canadian friend said "Mass shootings are as American as baseball and apple pie!"
Could be because the Canadians have a mental health treatment system that works and is free? Their crazies aren't wandering the streets listening to voices in their heads.

As a matter of fact I have for both business and recreation.

BTW that war was all but won when Obama played politics and pulled out early. We got ISIS over that brilliant piece of strategy. The US does lose wars but it's the politicians and not the soldiers that make us lose. RTry reading a bit of history outside what you were taught in public schools - you will eventually be enlightened a bit.

The thought that the French were laughing at us over not winning a war is beyond laughable. What was the last war the French fought in that didn't require us to save their azzes? WW1, WW2, and even Vietnam were wars we came to their aid.
the biggest problem the French have when war breaks out is trying to figure out who to surrender to.

I wish this Bill would have been killed instead of the SHARE act Bill would limit military equipment to cops

The SHARE act has not been killed:

"... Those reports are false. The bill in question, the SHARE Act, was never scheduled for a vote this week. Ryan said this during a press conference earlier today.

"That bill is not scheduled now," Ryan said. "I don't know when it's going to be scheduled."

The floor schedule for this week went out from Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy's office on Friday and hasn't changed.

"No, there was no intention to have the SHARE Act on the House floor this week. Any news report saying that is false. Below is the schedule for the week. This was released Friday and has not changed," a leadership aide tells Townhall. ..."​

Katie Pavlich - No, Speaker Ryan Didn't Shelve a Bill on Silencers Because of Las Vegas

Dude....

123 Million people were murdered through war, collateral damage, genocide and mass murder or intentional famine alone in just the 20th century. That does not include regular plain old murders. Do you know how many people it takes to kill 123 million other people? Millions of killers. Millions.

We are living in the safest time in all history. Humans are viscous, self serving, psychopathic killing machines with a brain focused survival and reproduction. This stuff is not just starting to happen. It is woven into our DNA

Sure it is scary and frightening seeing these things happen. It gives you feelings of not having control. Why do you think people get PTSD from assaults and rapes and war but not car accidents, cancer or appendicitis? Why does no one care 1300 people die a day from cigarettes in this country but here we are going on about a plastic buttstock that moves a little bit.

You dont fix this issue by banning slid fire stocks. Sure, if all the guns in the US were suddenly gone there would be less of these highly televised, high scoring competitions of who could kill the most people. But there is still going to be war and murder and rape and endless atrocities.

There is no fix to this. You do your best to raise kids right and hope for the best.

Thats about it.

You only asked 1 question so I'll answer that. An individual should have total dominion over their body and mind. But killing the baby inside a person is murder. So while everyone has the freedom to commit murder and other heinous acts they lose the right to that freedom directly thereafter.

From your comments you are saying society as a whole does nor agree with murder unless it is done in a certain way.

I don't espouse bans on abortion. I just want it labeled correctly as murder and then the act dealt with if carried out.

Killing babies is a religion with the left. You can't get them to "discuss" it any more than gun control. It's a religion and they don't want to hear anything. As soon as we get single payer health care the sick and old will be next with them. Many of them like Obama have already said it's what they want. Remember Obama and his "give your Mother the pill" comment? What is sad is all of the rubes on the left have no idea how this started. The people behind it were racists who wanted the "un-pure" killed for the better of society. When you show this to them they start screaming like their hair is on fire and shout you are lying. Just try to get one of them to read about Margret Sanger <shrug>

Moving the goal posts? Um, I specifically quoted this post (which you used to clarify the post below that)..........

which was about banning the purchase of weapons to "people we know for sure are going to use those [weapons] for the purposes of a terrorist attack", asking for an instance where that happened. You keep coming back with bombing plots and school kids (who I pointed out are not allowed to buy firearms in the first place) to try to back up your "common sense" statement about banning guns for terrorists.

I'm not proposing a ban at all. I'm saying that if you already know ahead of time that a guy is going to commit a 600 casualty shooting, he should not be allowed the hardware to do that. You know what, go ahead and call it a ban. Let's call it a ban on terrorists having these weapons, which is pretty common sense. We don't allow felons to own firearms, but mass shooters is ok? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Don't worry about a reply to anything I said, as I can see that the only reason you're here is to argue/antagonize the pro 2A people because you disagree with our stance on guns.

I was all Pro-2nd Amendment until I went to France.

Ray

Not pointing fingers here or calling anyone out either , but ...
Can we shift our comments back to the horrific shooting in Las Vegas , the aftermath and what is next?
I am guilty of indulging in a bit of a birdwalk in this thread .... But lets not get too far off the thread topic...
Thank you.
Andy

Yep - it's going to be interesting when the first DRONE is used in some sort mass attack - whether it is loaded with explosives and simply crashed into a crowd or is 'armed' with a gun and a trigger mechanism - the 'pilot' doesn't get a scratch. I'll bet anyone a bottle of their favorite drones are being outfitted and tested already somewhere in the world for just this - and probably closer than we ALL would care to believe.

Those things have long made me wonder how long. As they have gotten better and cheaper by the month. Many of them now are so easy to use someone can unpack, charge, and be flying in no time. Some are large enough to carry enough weight to be a real problem. Some kook will use one. The left will do what they always do. Blame the GOP and move on to gun control again. As I mentioned looking at that crowd any kook with a small plane could have wiped out most all of them. They got VERY lucky this kook only used guns and not one of his planes since he was obviously ready to die.

I totally agree with this part of the story ..........

#11: How was the FBI able to almost immediately declare Paddock had no ties to ISIS — barely 12 hours after the shooting — when the same agency has spent over a year investigating President Trump with zero evidence linking him to Russia, all while refusing to declare Trump has no ties to Russia?

Ray
Maybe they went to his house, looked in the fridge and found bacon.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads