JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What options do they have to get to Kabul at this point ?
There are no options at this point, they were told that the Royal Jordanian Air Force Spec Ops guys might try and sneak in but at this point there are over 3000+++ contractors in KAF. and I dont know what kind of lift capability they have.. aahhh Crapplonkastan the gift that keeps giving...

Yup what did ya expect? We did this in every war this wasn't going to be any different

94126D64-7435-4274-9D6E-512B6D99B193.jpeg C174E626-0FDB-4AC0-8C1A-505341863882.jpeg

Depends on who's in charge politically 🧐
Yes all Prime subsistent venders are charged with getting all expats to /from theater. Under the protection of the USAF/DOS..but what has happened can only have come from the very top of the White House,,ie leaving in the middle of the night, turning off or bricking secure sat coms etc..that is Joe Bidens inner circle stuff.

Sleepy Joe has mentioned a few times that the Taliban are enemies of ISIS. This is a new twist on "The enemy of my enemy is my friend (and still my enemy)". Pretty sure this is mostly intentional; arm the Taliban, let them exterminate ISIS and potentially Al-Qaeda, and then negotiate a deal to leave them alone while they continue on with their barbaric ways.

Sounds like the same CIA playbook that has been going on for decades. The CIA has already trained all of them anyway; just look at that high-safe trigger finger discipline!

1629501497865.png

The insanity of Biden saying American's don't have a right to own AR15's but very clearly guaranteeing that terrorists are armed to the gills with US bought and paid for "military equipment" that significantly surpass the forepower of the AR15.

That fraudulently elected geezer can ESAD.

Do american contractors and employees typically have assurance of US backed assistance and security in situations like this when working in a foreign country?
Don't know about that, but one thing is for sure: They are all on the payroll so the USG knows (or should know) exactly how many there are and where they are. To hear those bums on TV say they don't know really pisses me off.

I read a series of novels (a trilogy, actually) by Trent Reedy that deals with Civil War 2.0... they're set in Idaho, WA, and OR so they were of particular interest to me.

Anyway, the catalyst for the uprising was the implementation of a mandatory federal ID card.

Side note: they're works of fiction, not an instruction manual or predictive sort of thing. They follow a main character and a central cast of characters... just novels.
Beaverines!

Seems like everything in Afghanistan has a price to it, makes me thing the whole surrender came down to $$$ as well.
This is the fallacy of trying to democratize places where money is more important.

but at this point there are over 3000+++ contractors in KAF.
With respect and sympathy for those who are stuck, this kind of risk is priced into the compensation that US contract employees receive. When they sign on, they are told about the risks. They go anyway; there are people who are willing to take those risks for the money involved and not stay home safe like most of the rest of us. I'm not sure the trapped contract employees could've envisioned a collapse in Afghan as rapid as what we've seen. Meaning, if they thought of the possibility at all, it was likely considered very low probability.

Those Indian laborer contract employees, they will wind up walking home. You watch.

It's pretty clear that the US government didn't foresee the quick collapse of the Afghan gov't. The picture they saw consisted of a continued, gradually reduced presence in which US-paid contract assistance would still be provided even after the US military presence was finished. They figured the USAID, Dept. of State, and the many corporate/technical contract employees would continue to be needed in the longer term. This is why they had no plan for getting the contract people out timely. Said another way, they ran out of time way before they thought they would.

Re. equipment. The military vehicles, the Taliban will run those until they quit, then they will sit by the side of the road and get cannibalized. US military-specific vehicles have a fairly high maintenance cost, often proprietary parts, etc. etc., the Talis won't keep them up. The more or less off the shelf equipment like Chev and Dodge pickups, those will run a while longer. The Toys, they brought some of those with them, those will be kept going.

Most of the very large quantity of military goods that we gifted to the South Vietnamese fell into the hands of the North in 1975. The small arms, they kept some for their militias and flogged a lot around the world to various revolutionary movements, such as in Angola, Mozambique and Nicaragua. That's a known fact, the CIA has compared serial numbers with DoD records. Anything that floated was repurposed, most serviceable wheeled vehicles were as well. I remember watching on TV the 10th anniversary parade of the Commie takeover in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) in 1985. They were driving US 5 ton trucks in the parade.

Think of the free pickings that will be piled up just at the Kabul airport after the last plane leaves.

Which is a rather strange thing, the way the Taliban have held back from taking the airport. They must have calculated that it's to their benefit for that to wind down slowly, rather than getting the propaganda coup of taking it. They could shoot down planes any time they wanted. Maybe the Talis are happy to have any opposition go away on a plane than remain in-country. The US F-18's that are circling and giving cover, likely they would kill way more civilians than Talis if they were put into play.

I'm glad we have people like you here. What you're saying seems completely reasonable. I had to quit watching the FOX channels because it sound like they want to do nothing but flame Biden, really, really bad! Not that he doesn't deserve flaming! But good lord, they're foaming at the mouth and sound just like the lame-stream media did for the five years of Donald Trump!

Not that he doesn't deserve flaming! But good lord, they're foaming at the mouth and sound just like the lame-stream media did for the five years of Donald Trump!
I agree but they are starting to get pretty redundant with it. Been moving furniture the house today and listening to it and I am about ready to flip back to some good alien based shows!

I agree but they are starting to get pretty redundant with it.
No kidding! How many times has that same airport video been replayed? And that poor kid, being handed over the wire time after time. Give it a rest!

Journalism is dead. Get out of the studio and interview some people. Tell us what's going on. We already know the administration screwed up.

Anyone getting a little bit of deja vu? If there is truth to the suspicion that Biden's handlers behind the scenes are the people we think they are, then they would also be the same people who were in power during Benghazi and probably why the "let Americans rot" attitude feels a little familiar.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top