JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I don't know that I'd call this a mistake or what..
I've always had good results using Hornady One Shot case lube out of the squeeze bottle but the other day I noticed that it was leaking out of the trigger, nozzle, or neck. It had never been stored anything but standing straight up. Kinda looked like thinned down saddle soap. A sticky mess. Thankfully the dang thing was all by its lonesome in a cardboard box.

I've always had good results using Hornady One Shot case lube out of the squeeze bottle but the other day I noticed that it was leaking out of the trigger, nozzle, or neck. It had never been stored anything but standing straight up. Kinda looked like thinned down saddle soap. A sticky mess. Thankfully the dang thing was all by its lonesome in a cardboard box.
Did it get all cloudy? Was it in a place where it could freeze?

Did you really think this post through before posting it? I mean, there is just soooooooo much fodder for that "Members quotes taken out of context" thread. Don't worry, it's not going to be me. But, you can bet @solv3nt and @Flopsweat and @sobo will be along eventually. :D

Ok ok ok in a Joe Pesci voice.
The other day I had a fubar that happened after the second round on the trusty turret press, I've loaded thousands of rounds on it.
I haven't been doing much on that press lately and the muscle memory and thought process must have been severely lacking in the beginning of that particular session.
I must have been thinking of that long lovely dancer in a little club downtown, loved to watch her do her stuff… er um thought control override from days gone by.

I placed the 165g plated boolit into the mouth of the 40S&W case and forgot to advance the damn thing, (I always advance it manually with my left hand eliminating a full pull on the lever) my thinking was to save wear and tear on the parts.

As you can might imagine, the seating was just a tad bit excessive and powder spilled onto my surgically clean bench. :s0001::s0001::s0001::s0001:

The look on my face must've been the "winner of the meme post for the day" worthy. :s0140::s0140::s0140:

2696DAB2-0D33-4866-8831-B864F73D508F.jpeg

The other day I had a fubar that happened after the second round on the trusty turret press, I've loaded thousands of rounds on it.
I haven't been doing much on that press lately and the muscle memory and thought process must have been severely lacking in the beginning of that particular session.
I must have been thinking of that long lovely dancer in a little club downtown, loved to watch her do her stuff… er um thought control override from days gone by.

I placed the 165g plated boolit into the mouth of the 40S&W case and forgot to advance the damn thing, (I always advance it manually with my left hand eliminating a full pull on the lever) my thinking was to save wear and tear on the parts.

As you can might imagine, the seating was just a tad bit excessive and powder spilled onto my surgically clean bench. :s0001::s0001::s0001::s0001:

The look on my face must've been the "winner of the meme post for the day" worthy. :s0140::s0140::s0140:

View attachment 1470667
Seems like you invented a new round there Caveman, the .40 S&W almost wadcutter. That round is a candidate for disassembly, no doubt.

View attachment 1470667
Oh, COOL! That is the perfect piece for that spot (you should have) within view on/near your bench for screw-ups, anomalies, what NOT to do and all around reloading weirdness.

Oh, COOL! That is the perfect piece for that spot (you should have) within view on/near your bench for screw-ups, anomalies, what NOT to do and all around reloading weirdness.
What are you trying to say there bub? :s0109:

Yes there are a few up there already and this one will have to be recreated without powder and primer and then placed next to the other fubars. :s0114::s0114::s0114:

What are you trying to say there bub? :s0109:
Hey BUB! LOL I'm saying it's a beautiful piece! So perfect, and symmetrical. It should be where it can be admired. For the FUBAR it is!

It's obvious that you are a true craftsman when it comes to handloading. Pieces like this are rare. It should be where it can be enjoyed. :s0155:

View attachment 1470667
Do you have a hand press or a hydraulic press? :confused: :eek:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top