JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I don't know that I'd call this a mistake or what..
I've always had good results using Hornady One Shot case lube out of the squeeze bottle but the other day I noticed that it was leaking out of the trigger, nozzle, or neck. It had never been stored anything but standing straight up. Kinda looked like thinned down saddle soap. A sticky mess. Thankfully the dang thing was all by its lonesome in a cardboard box.

I've always had good results using Hornady One Shot case lube out of the squeeze bottle but the other day I noticed that it was leaking out of the trigger, nozzle, or neck. It had never been stored anything but standing straight up. Kinda looked like thinned down saddle soap. A sticky mess. Thankfully the dang thing was all by its lonesome in a cardboard box.
Did it get all cloudy? Was it in a place where it could freeze?

Did you really think this post through before posting it? I mean, there is just soooooooo much fodder for that "Members quotes taken out of context" thread. Don't worry, it's not going to be me. But, you can bet @solv3nt and @Flopsweat and @sobo will be along eventually. :D

Ok ok ok in a Joe Pesci voice.
The other day I had a fubar that happened after the second round on the trusty turret press, I've loaded thousands of rounds on it.
I haven't been doing much on that press lately and the muscle memory and thought process must have been severely lacking in the beginning of that particular session.
I must have been thinking of that long lovely dancer in a little club downtown, loved to watch her do her stuff… er um thought control override from days gone by.

I placed the 165g plated boolit into the mouth of the 40S&W case and forgot to advance the damn thing, (I always advance it manually with my left hand eliminating a full pull on the lever) my thinking was to save wear and tear on the parts.

As you can might imagine, the seating was just a tad bit excessive and powder spilled onto my surgically clean bench. :s0001::s0001::s0001::s0001:

The look on my face must've been the "winner of the meme post for the day" worthy. :s0140::s0140::s0140:

2696DAB2-0D33-4866-8831-B864F73D508F.jpeg

The other day I had a fubar that happened after the second round on the trusty turret press, I've loaded thousands of rounds on it.
I haven't been doing much on that press lately and the muscle memory and thought process must have been severely lacking in the beginning of that particular session.
I must have been thinking of that long lovely dancer in a little club downtown, loved to watch her do her stuff… er um thought control override from days gone by.

I placed the 165g plated boolit into the mouth of the 40S&W case and forgot to advance the damn thing, (I always advance it manually with my left hand eliminating a full pull on the lever) my thinking was to save wear and tear on the parts.

As you can might imagine, the seating was just a tad bit excessive and powder spilled onto my surgically clean bench. :s0001::s0001::s0001::s0001:

The look on my face must've been the "winner of the meme post for the day" worthy. :s0140::s0140::s0140:

View attachment 1470667
Seems like you invented a new round there Caveman, the .40 S&W almost wadcutter. That round is a candidate for disassembly, no doubt.

View attachment 1470667
Oh, COOL! That is the perfect piece for that spot (you should have) within view on/near your bench for screw-ups, anomalies, what NOT to do and all around reloading weirdness.

Oh, COOL! That is the perfect piece for that spot (you should have) within view on/near your bench for screw-ups, anomalies, what NOT to do and all around reloading weirdness.
What are you trying to say there bub? :s0109:

Yes there are a few up there already and this one will have to be recreated without powder and primer and then placed next to the other fubars. :s0114::s0114::s0114:

What are you trying to say there bub? :s0109:
Hey BUB! LOL I'm saying it's a beautiful piece! So perfect, and symmetrical. It should be where it can be admired. For the FUBAR it is!

It's obvious that you are a true craftsman when it comes to handloading. Pieces like this are rare. It should be where it can be enjoyed. :s0155:

View attachment 1470667
Do you have a hand press or a hydraulic press? :confused: :eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews