JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
now I am back to wondering where Trumps true allegiance lies...wth is he thinking?

From Gun Owners of America:

To replace Jeff Sessions as Attorney General, President Trump has nominated an individual who has advocated very restrictive gun control proposals in the past.

The Senate Judiciary Committee began confirmation hearings on the nominee today.

His name is William Barr, and he actually served as U.S. Attorney General once before under President George H.W. Bush from 1991-1993.

It was during the hearings for that position in 1991 that William Barr expressed his support for gun control:

"On the assault weapon front, the proposal before us is the DeConcini amendment. And I think ... I would support both the Brady Bill waiting period and the DeConcini [semi-auto ban] amendment, provided that they were parts of a broader and more comprehensive crime bill that included ... very tough provisions on the use of firearms in crimes and illegal purchase and trading in firearms..."

So Barr endorsed both the Brady Check portion of the Brady Bill and the semi-auto ban, although he did express a preference for magazine bans: "I would prefer a limitation on the clip [sic] size."

You can see Barr's remarks at the 1:42:23 mark in this C-span video:

[link to www.c-span.org (secure)]

[link to www.thetruthaboutguns.com (secure)]

I got nothin, just depressing...

This is unconstitutional. The bill allows law enforcement to infringe on your right to bear arms. Article VI Supreme Law of the Land. If they pass it, no one needs to abide by it, and anyone who enforces this bill is not in good standing with Article VI and needs to be defunded, removed from office, or disbarred.

These bills do not apply to me, nor did SB941 or any other law the passed denying me access to my civil right.
Not saying have or will break such laws, saying they do not apply to me in Oregon.

This is unconstitutional. The bill allows law enforcement to infringe on your right to bear arms. Article VI Supreme Law of the Land. If they pass it, no one needs to abide by it, and anyone who enforces this bill is not in good standing with Article VI and needs to be defunded, removed from office, or disbarred.

Id like this twice if I could.

I completely agree ORHB501 is a cause for depression.

What really bugs me is how people blame inanimate objects for acts of violence. There is a break in logic between restricting the use of firearms and the proof this will reduce school violence. In states where so called "assault weapons" weren't available a shotgun was used. When a firearm wasn't available a knife was used. I'm convinced if knives were banned a sharpened tooth brush will be used.

Then we'll need permits to prevent tooth decay.

This isn't just the fault of a misunderstanding liberal community. It's also not just the fault that some politicians have career feeding agendas. Nope, it's gun owners too.

In my home I have several handguns with more than 5 round magazines. They are all secured against unauthorized use. Somebody will have to defeat our efforts at due dilligence to secure them in order to shoot up a school. If all firearm owners secured their weapons like we do kids would have a much harder time using nice guns to commit murder. There would be less for the public to scream about and the real issue--school violence--could be dealt with. Restricting firearms for law abiding citizen use probably wouldn't come up.

For us firearms are fun. I use them to kill pages of my retirement plan. Because I am a law abiding citizen it's my privilege to blast holes in that plan anyplace and time the law allows.

I really wish folks would put more time and energy into solving violence in schools rather than trying to restrict my rights--something that won't work. I really wish everyone would take firearm security seriously. I wish kids who kill kids were given counseling and people who don't secure their firearms got sued or jail time.

Me, every now and then I need to send some rounds down range. I will vote against 501 and suggest others do too. It's depressing and it won't work.

Read that thing puke, or the first couple of paragraphs. Did it mention grandfathering in those who already own? Or does it just cover those who buy new one? Puke anyhow. Permit for this permit for that and can only buy a certain amount each month and have so many rounds of ammunition? :mad:

Section 2, Para 3a changes the age to buy a long gun to 21 years of age. You're old enough to vote, but we're going to deny you a Constitutional Right, for three years, that you voted on. WTF? I guess Abraham Lincoln didn't know bubblegum when he said, "The ballot is stronger than the bullet."

Section 4, Para 4a&b requires you to secure the firearm with a trigger lock or locked container anytime you are greater than arms distance away. Every time you go down range during a cease fire you'd have to lock up your gun. Great.

and to the pro leo Notice this fricking thing and all gun control excludes them Why one should ask... Is because they are going to be the only ones with guns? and if what my pic and link I provided for the pic comes which it looks more like it should leo wont stand for us not in big enough numbers to matter.

Section 2, Para 3a changes the age to buy a long gun to 21 years of age. You're old enough to vote, but we're going to deny you a Constitutional Right, for three years, that you voted on. WTF? I guess Abraham Lincoln didn't know bubblegum when he said, "The ballot is stronger than the bullet."

Section 4, Para 4a&b requires you to secure the firearm with a trigger lock or locked container anytime you are greater than arms distance away. Every time you go down range during a cease fire you'd have to lock up your gun. Great.
and you bought that lol :p anyhow yeah he knew squatt. and those that profess the same know less than squat.
But yeah but they already have been for years... at least since I was 18 and that's been 32 years or more. I couldn't buy a handgun until 21 but no one cared then either.

whip_n.jpg

Original Poster,

Thank you for putting this up. I have been following this on Bearing Arms and elsewhere and mentioned what was going on with this SB501 Bill to some gun people that I know even though we do not live in Oregon.

There are so many rules/regulations in this BILL that I could hardly get over all of them!

My husband has reloaded for over 40 years and I mentioned to him that they will go after reloading components big time next. I have been saying this for years now too. Not just since the CT shootings and other murders.

So are the gun shop owners going to put cartridges in plastic sandwich bags (!!!) when it comes to bulk or other size ammunition boxes that don't FIT into the new laws? There were some stores in this country that did this when the fake/real shortages were going on after the CT murders and many people couldn't find or buy 22lr ammo. The gun store owners opened up a bulk box and counted out cartridges to their customers. Not to me because we always replaced what we shot in RF (22lr and 22wmr), a bit of CF but most of the CF ammo was reloaded by my husband. We never ran short and, in fact, helped other people with ammo during that time frame. We shot a bit less in RF just in case but we had enough to last us and to help a few other people. Plus over the years, we had been downsizing some of our firearm calibers BIG time and consolidated other firearm calibers in RF and in CF too. His retirement and my arthritis getting worse were two main reasons. Plus applying the simplicity factor.

Anyway... this IS getting attention online as each day goes on.

I think that this IS a very important topic and I thank you again.

Spread the word on this gun control bill, people.

Talk shows in your area? What are your top radio/tv show hosts names? Would you have any luck getting on and having them actually LET YOU TALK - READ IT ALL OUT IN THE BILL FORMAT AS PROPOSED?

This should be discussed on national talk shows BIG TIME too.

Cate

Sigh...

Sometimes when I read all of the NEW and proposed gun laws across this country, I wonder if we would even be allowed to shoot in another state with friends at their range? Travel with a gun legally to their state and shoot with them not just them coming HERE to shoot with us.

Cate

I screwed up my quote and reply to the man discussing the MULFORD ACT.

See below.

Cate

Last Edited:
The anti's know this bill is too restrictive and won't pass even Oregon's liberal legislature. However, they are promoting it as a smoke screen so they can pass other restrictions and tell us we should just be happy that they did not pass this one. :eek:

^^Well, if it were to pass, there'll probably a good number of folks travelling outta state to buy ammo. There's probably folks stocking up now (if they're smart). But for most folks, unless it were truly a massive stock pile, this would eventually run out too.

But this is among several proposals in not just in OR, but WA and of course CA that are showing the other side's true colors, and will hopefully motivate ALOT more people to get ALOT more involved. If they'll get off their a$$ for one issue, such as the 20 rds/month (which *hopefully* they will), since they're now doing something for the one (20rds/month), they'll stand up against all the others too. Might as well. And folks in one state can't be 'We feel bad for our neighbors...'. Everybody has to get on-board as a region (PNW/West Coast).

Really, do anyone think SIG, Glock, S&W, Springfield, Walther, Beretta, Canik, CZ, or any other major manufacturer is going to make 5 rd. magazines for firearms that have for decades carried multiple times that amount? That effectively negates the entire safety benefits/advantage (see, its all about safety) of something like a Glock 17 or anything similar.

As previously posted, hopefully this was the 'overplaying' of their hand that will get the moderates and Fudds off the fence and contacting their legislative representatives. Hopefully theirs more than a few going 'Huh? Say what? That's too far.' Every range and gun shop needs to be putting up posters about this and how law-abiding gun owners can contact their reps.

But agreed, this is also largely a 'distraction' to get lesser restrictions through (they'll 'compromise'). But it'll still need to be watched...if the winds shift and it gets traction, it could be like a wildfire taking off.

And pick one or more of the associations (NRA, SAF, OFF, etc.) and show some support.

BOSS

Last Edited:
Thank you for writing this because I just read it and was going to reply to the poster.

When I explained what happened years ago with the Mulford Act and Governor Reagan signing it... I got lambasted on several former forums that I used to post on. I guess that they could not handle the truth of the matter.

Cate
PS and Disclaimer for those people who do not know me from the late 90's and on. I NO longer own, carry or shoot my former 15 or so handguns due to my arthritis and old accident issues.

I DO CARRY a fixed blade knife legally on my land and when I am going away from my house. OPEN and/or conceal carry legally. Usually a Buck - USA Made or a Ka-Bar - New York Made. I only use fixed blade knives now. I own a few other brands too. But I do prefer and only USE specific knives that FIT MY HANDS as my former handguns did.

I WAS and I still am an OPEN CARRY ADVOCATE of a handgun if you own, carry and shoot handguns. I am a conceal carry advocate of a handgun if you still own, carry and shoot handguns. Just because of my own physical and older age issues does not mean that I stopped being an ADVOCATE FOR OPEN CARRY OF HANDGUNS even more than conceal carry but I approve of both of them.

I am an advocate of KNIFE CARRY too. Open or concealed - legally done.

I am an advocate of RIFLE CARRY but I only carried my RIFLE in the woods/wilderness, camping, hiking, and living for one year butt up to wilderness when I first moved out west. I did not hand carry or sling my rifle over my shoulders while walking around in this city.

I did use a nice Triple K western belt, holster or holsters, a nice leather shoulder holster or a Uncle Mike's black webbed material shoulder holster depending on the STYLE and SIZE OF HANDGUN that I was carrying. For more years than NOT when I stopped owning/shooting guns... I open carried more than I concealed carried. And after building HERE before any other house but one was back in this area even within the city limits with many acres of land in a no build zone behind me and dealing with LOOSE, VICIOUS, FERAL and some VERY nasty, specific breeds of dogs even in so called domesticated dogs (Ha ha!) that were loose... I ALWAYS CARRIED IN MY OWN YARD. It is much worse in Montana (Rural, city, hiking paths, wilderness, etc.) with stupid and irresponsible dog owners than back in farm/lake country and even on the East Coast from my own experience. And I have had German Shepherds more than any other dog, a few Cocker Spaniels and a pound puppy - Samoyed. Carry - yes - carry something for your self defense. If you are into dog spray or bear spray in bear country or a knife or a gun or a simple bunch of rolled coin in a sock... refuse to be a victim.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top