JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't know magazines had to be square..
According to Wikipedia
"A magazine is an ammunitionstorage and feeding device within or attached to a repeating firearm. Magazines can be removable (detachable) or integral (internal/fixed) to the firearm."
Fair enough, I was focusing more on handguns. But true, I've been the proud owner of some of those tubular fed arms in the past :D

Thanks for keeping me honest...

clear and indisputable violation of the second amendment.

"Requires person to secure permit before purchasing or otherwise receiving firearm.

Uh.... it has been that way in New Jersey forever. Might be a violation but it's still the law!

NJ law states that Firearms Identification approval and/or handgun purchase permit(s) must be issued within 30 days. However, this is not always adhered to with some applicants waiting months to receive their permits. ... The Firearm Purchaser ID card is also required to purchase handgun ammunition at dealers in the state.

Eastern Oregon is, in many respects, a different state, albeit culturally, and, alas, not politically.

Not politically??? o_O

Culturally... Yah, we're mostly sh!tkickers in the real Eastern Oregon.

I don't know how else to put it. Voting patterns in, say, Gilliam County are different than Multnomah County. ;)

Yes, but it almost sounds as tho "very different indeed" could mean a bunch of Arkansas or West Virginia residents, or even Martians.

I'm not offended, just thought it was a funny statement that could be taken at least two ways. Anyway, I'm PROUD to have voted differently than Multnomah County! :D:D:D

SO how does this effect someone who already has many firearms and zillions of rounds of ammo and enough makings to make ammo for the next 4 generation of their family?

I mean just in .22 rimfire according to this I have like 500+ months of ammo

Whats the purpose of a permit if we have background checks? Unless its some sketchy registration scheme or just further tax and harassment.. there is simply no purpose for a permit system.

If we were a private sale state where we could still sell firearms amongst ourselves, at that point I could understand a permit system. While private sales were still legal, many guys asked for a valid Oregon ID and many asked for a CHL.. but a permit system, with outlawed private sales and a state wide BGC system.. it just doesnt make any sense. It comes down to plain harassment and further taxation at that point.

Well, let money talk.
I am sure gun makers won't be happy with sales' decline in OR and WA, so let's see how they react.
Maybe it's finally the time for them to invest in pro-2nd politicians and movements?

Whats the purpose of a permit if we have background checks? Unless its some sketchy registration scheme or just further tax and harassment.. there is simply no purpose for a permit system.

If we were a private sale state where we could still sell firearms amongst ourselves, at that point I could understand a permit system. While private sales were still legal, many guys asked for a valid Oregon ID and many asked for a CHL.. but a permit system, with outlawed private sales and a state wide BGC system.. it just doesnt make any sense. It comes down to plain harassment and further taxation at that point.
Its only purpose is another step toward repealing the 2nd.

SO how does this effect someone who already has many firearms and zillions of rounds of ammo and enough makings to make ammo for the next 4 generation of their family?

I mean just in .22 rimfire according to this I have like 500+ months of ammo
upload_2019-1-15_10-12-42.png
That means 6 shot revolvers as well as 6 shot speedloaders.

If this passes, I see someone inventing an AR-15 that has a tubular magazine devise, since they're excluding .22 caliber firearms with them.

Last Edited:

I'm sure harassment is the goal. They know they can't outright ban all firearms, but they can make the process as expensive and as obnoxious as possible. The tactic is nothing new; the National Firearms Act of 1934 was created along those lines.

I am not one to protest or march but it is time to protest or march on these cities one at a time and shut them down for a day or more. Also if you dont vote Republican you better start because the Democrats are doing nothing for your guns rights. I live in Washington and they keep voting the same bubblegums in that wasting our time and money. If you are for sanctuary city, meth and needle facilities, high taxes and 5rd magazines keep voting Democrat.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top