JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Instead of having a protest, to plead with liberal law makers to not restrict our second amendment rights, wouldn't it be more effective to play politics for once and have a protest to demand that the federal government enforce the laws already on the books that make marijuana and cannabis products illegal. They go after something that is important to us, we go after something important to them.

(SNIP...)

Get your local county to pass 2nd Amendment laws if they have not, we have here so this bill wont apply in my county.
But we need to get this moving for other counties.

Here is a pdf link what our county used.
https://www.sanctuaryordinance.com/docs/DouglasSasoText.pdf

The county had already passed and ordnance setting way for the people to confirm, a double dose as it were.

Is that already legal and in effect? That is awesome. God bless Douglas County for ACTING and going on the offensive for 2A. That gives me real hope. Hell, I just may start looking for work in Douglas County if it gets any more liberal/stupid up here in far East Multnomah County.

Also, I want to thank you for your hard work doing pro-2A stuff for Oregonians, et al. All I know of is what you mentioned earlier in this thread, but I lurked here for a bit before signing up and posting, so I 'know who you are', if you will. Thank you. It's hard, often disappointing, and mentally draining work, man...I know.

Anyway, can you tell me/us more about the Douglas County SASO? I'd rather hear it from somebody who knows the details instead of 'googling' it. Thank you.

Senate Bill 501 Requires person to secure permit before purchasing or otherwise receiving firearm. "May issue" by the Sheriff.

Restricts ammunition receipt to 20 rounds within 30-day period. Prohibits transfer of firearm by gun dealer or private party until latter of 14 days or Department of State Police has determined that recipient is qualified to receive firearm.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2019R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB501
I overheard Senator Wagner and Rep. Salinas say that they support a "lead by example" program that would perform no notice inspections of their district's law enforcement officer's homes to show that even the cops support this common sense legislation.

I overheard Senator Wagner and Rep. Salinas say that they support a "lead by example" program that would perform no notice inspections of their district's law enforcement officer's homes to show that even the cops support this common sense legislation.

Good luck!

EVERY cop I know has firearms "just laying around" throughout their house or at the very least has their duty belt with holstered and loaded pistol unsecured in the bedroom.

What about a pump shotgun with a box magazine that holds 20 rounds?
Illegal unless it can be permanently fixed to hold five rounds or less! Revolvers also, along with pistols. So those high cap pistols won't function with a lesser amount, but a compact will accept the illegal high capacity. Pretty well means anything that can HOLD five rounds or ammo or less is good to go. Anything over is banned!

This will become more evident when folks hit the markets en masse and their cards don't work. I'm doing my weekly shopping tonight, trying to avoid the sideshow...

This could be the straw that breaks the democrats back, their constituents going hungry because of no wall funding...

:s0093:

What causes you to believe that Democrats have some type of monopoly on EBT-reliant constituents?

In Oregon, 1 out of every 5 people receives EBT benefits. An average of 20%. But in several counties in Southern and Eastern Oregon, that percentage is higher. E.g., in Jackson County 25% of residents are on the dole. It's 28% in Malheur County. And in Jefferson County it's 33%.

Do you really think most of the people in those counties are Democrats? I can assure you that - at least according to the 2018 election results - they aren't.

The point? People really need to get away from useless political tropes like the one you just employed. As gun owners, we need to maintain credibility with our words. Now more than ever, I would argue. That means arguing for our gun rights based on facts (which I believe are on our side) rather than credibility-destroying memes such as the one above.

What causes you to believe that Democrats have some type of monopoly on EBT-reliant constituents?

In Oregon, 1 out of every 5 people receives EBT benefits. An average of 20%. But in several counties in Southern and Eastern Oregon, that percentage is higher. E.g., in Jackson County 25% of residents are on the dole. It's 28% in Malheur County. And in Jefferson County it's 33%.

Do you really think most of the people in those counties are Democrats? I can assure you that - at least according to the 2018 election results - they aren't.

But those counties have much smaller populations than large Democratic counties. That inflates the percentages. If there are 4 people in a Republican county, and 25% are on EBT, that's only one person. Comparing percentages with vastly different population sizes isn't really illuminating.

County.........Population.........% on EBT...........Number on EBT

Jefferson.........21,940..............33.1%.................7,259
Malheur...........31,395..............27.5%.................8,627
Jackson...........204,630............25.8%................52,792
Multnomah.....748,445..............22.4%...........167,747

Heavily Democratic Multnomah County (76.0% for Clinton in 2016) has more than twice as many people on EBT than those three Republican counties combined. And that's not counting other Democratic counties like Washingon (59.4% for Clinton, 69,991 on EBT), Lane (55.5% for Clinton, 80,680 on EBT), and Benton (62.4% for Clinton, 10,195 on EBT).

Add it all up and the majority of EBT recipients are in Democratic counties. As you said, not a monopoly, but a majority.

Last Edited:
But those counties have much smaller populations than large Democratic counties. That inflates the percentages. If there are 4 people in a Republican county, and 25% are on EBT, that's only one person. Comparing percentages with vastly different population sizes isn't really illuminating.

County.........Population.........% on EBT...........Number on EBT

Jefferson.........21,940..............33.1%.................7,259
Malheur...........31,395..............27.5%.................8,627
Jackson...........204,630............25.8%................52,792
Multnomah.....748,445..............22.4%...........167,747

Heavily Democratic Multnomah County (76.0% for Clinton in 2016) has more than twice as many people on EBT than those three Republican counties combined. And that's not counting other Democratic counties like Washingon (59.4% for Clinton, 69,991 on EBT), Lane (55.5% for Clinton, 80,680 on EBT), and Benton (62.4% for Clinton, 10,195 on EBT).

Add it all up and the majority of EBT recipients are in Democratic counties.

No doubt.

And my point remains: Receiving welfare isn't a Democrat or a Republican thing. It's a poverty thing. Wherever you have poor people, you'll have large numbers on welfare. This is true whether that locale happens to be mostly Democratic or Republican.

I was responding to a post where it was implied that the average Democrat is on welfare. Which is not only stupid; it's inaccurate. And my point was, again, if gun owners wish to maintain credibility when debating our points, it would be best if we stick to facts and not political memes that serve no purpose other than reinforcing the already negative stereotypes we have to battle.

Senate Bill 501 Requires person to secure permit before purchasing or otherwise receiving firearm. "May issue" by the Sheriff.

Restricts ammunition receipt to 20 rounds within 30-day period. Prohibits transfer of firearm by gun dealer or private party until latter of 14 days or Department of State Police has determined that recipient is qualified to receive firearm.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2019R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB501
This is just a distraction from the other bullbubblegum bills the commie democraps are pushing.

No doubt.

And my point remains: Receiving welfare isn't a Democrat or a Republican thing. It's a poverty thing. Wherever you have poor people, you'll have large numbers on welfare. This is true whether that locale happens to be mostly Democratic or Republican.

I was responding to a post where it was implied that the average Democrat is on welfare. Which is not only stupid; it's inaccurate. And my point was, again, if gun owners wish to maintain credibility when debating our points, it would be best if we stick to facts and not political memes that serve no purpose other than reinforcing the already negative stereotypes we have to battle.
So, please stop putting words in my mouth, I never said the average democrat was on welfare... Period...

Read into it what you will, but stop
Putting words in my mouth...

now I am back to wondering where Trumps true allegiance lies...wth is he thinking?

From Gun Owners of America:

To replace Jeff Sessions as Attorney General, President Trump has nominated an individual who has advocated very restrictive gun control proposals in the past.

The Senate Judiciary Committee began confirmation hearings on the nominee today.

His name is William Barr, and he actually served as U.S. Attorney General once before under President George H.W. Bush from 1991-1993.

It was during the hearings for that position in 1991 that William Barr expressed his support for gun control:

"On the assault weapon front, the proposal before us is the DeConcini amendment. And I think ... I would support both the Brady Bill waiting period and the DeConcini [semi-auto ban] amendment, provided that they were parts of a broader and more comprehensive crime bill that included ... very tough provisions on the use of firearms in crimes and illegal purchase and trading in firearms..."

So Barr endorsed both the Brady Check portion of the Brady Bill and the semi-auto ban, although he did express a preference for magazine bans: "I would prefer a limitation on the clip [sic] size."

You can see Barr's remarks at the 1:42:23 mark in this C-span video:

[link to www.c-span.org (secure)]

[link to www.thetruthaboutguns.com (secure)]

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads