JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We need to be peacefully protesting these law makers places of work and homes.
Thats what the opposition does.

Unlike the opposition, we have jobs to go to and businesses to run. Rather than waste time standing around with a dopey sign,

MTGPM2GNQFBZLFRKA7RIKS43VA.jpg

it's a better use of our time to go to work and earn money to send to pro-gun organizations (that you love to disparage) so they can do our talking for us.

Unlike the opposition, we have jobs to go to and businesses to run. Rather than waste time standing around with a dopey sign,

View attachment 537669

it's a better use of our time to go to work and earn money to send to pro-gun organizations (that you love to disparage) so they can do our talking for us.
The only people that the anti-gunners will listen to is their constituents and I don't mean all of their constituents but only those who voted for them or supported their campaigns financially. They won't give a rats bottom what the pro-gun groups have to say. I still think the pro-gun groups deserve our support but they won't be able to bail us out of this mess. We as individuals have to be creative and figure out how to convince some of the moderates among the anti-gunners that this is going way to far. I don't have an answer on how to do that but I for one am giving it a lot of thought.

View attachment 537669

Sure lets do that, then all gun owners can read signs that say no ammo for sale, and closed for good gun shop signs.
Maybe that is more for most gun owner liking. So everyone plan is rinse and repeat..........hows that workin out for you.
I get it, sure glad our forefather chose better, and left the field untended so we could have freedom.
I am old enough that my rights wont be effected by any of this crap........ so me and my family I am not worried I did my due diligence to side step as needed and not be effected.
But you all should be as you are not seeing the "HUGE" picture. If I was a left nut, Id be laughing my bubblegum off at the lack of any organize thoughts. My God help us if no one is willing to be uncomfortable in fighting for their rights.
I wonder if all these gun owners would be so passive if the 1st Amendment was at risk....news flash it is.o_O

The only people that the anti-gunners will listen to is their constituents and I don't mean all of their constituents but only those who voted for them or supported their campaigns financially. They won't give a rats bottom what the pro-gun groups have to say. I still think the pro-gun groups deserve our support but they won't be able to bail us out of this mess. We as individuals have to be creative and figure out how to convince some of the moderates among the anti-gunners that this is going way to far. I don't have an answer on how to do that but I for one am giving it a lot of thought.

The problem is moderates see power and influence from the left, they see buffoonery, and chaos on the rights side.
Just look at this topic how discombobulated people thinking is, actually think a job is more important then a civil right.
We will get what we deserve for our lazyness.

But don't listen to me, listen these ignorant idiots then ( Sarcasm obviously)

"Fireams stand next in importance of the Constitution itself.
They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence."
General Washington

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" America will never be destroyed from outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Sure lets do that, then all gun owners can read signs that say no ammo for sale, and closed for good gun shop signs.
Maybe that is more for most gun owner liking. So everyone plan is rinse and repeat..........hows that workin out for you.
I get it, sure glad our forefather chose better, and left the field untended so we could have freedom.
I am old enough that my rights wont be effected by any of this crap........ so me and my family I am not worried I did my due diligence to side step as needed and not be effected.
But you all should be as you are not seeing the "HUGE" picture. If I was a left nut, Id be laughing my bubblegum off at the lack of any organize thoughts. My God help us if no one is willing to be uncomfortable in fighting for their rights.
I wonder if all these gun owners would be so passive if the 1st Amendment was at risk....news flash it is.o_O

There's a perfect opportunity to see how well your approach works. There is a pro-gun rights demonstration scheduled for tomorrow Oregon - Salem Rally time Tuesday 1/15

I expect you will attend and make your voice heard, rather than just telling other people to do that. Make sure to take selfies of yourself peacefully demonstrating and then post them here.

There's a perfect opportunity to see how well your approach works. There is a pro-gun rights demonstration scheduled for tomorrow Oregon - Salem Rally time Tuesday 1/15
I expect you will attend and make your voice heard, rather than just telling other people to do that. Make sure to take selfies of yourself peacefully demonstrating and then post them here.

Yes, but thats not a protest, and I have done more in Oregon to protect rights then you ever will I suspect, ROFL..:s0140:
I spent thousands of my own money so people like you could retain some rights. Nice try though.
I was wondering when someone would pipe up and say what am I doing, I am doing plenty and accomplished more then OFF
has in 10 years or more. Maybe try reading some of my posts, Ive worked tirelessly and took hundreds of hours off work.
Even met with Democrats, all so you could retain rights. Is it no wonder I am irritated at people that say they can't, yes you can.
Tell you what if I had it to over again, even with all the ungrateful people, id do it again.
Why? Because I love my country and my pain and discomfort is worth it.

My read of both their bios indicates they weren't elected to the Senate but appointed. So they have no accountability to voters at all.

Just sent them both an email... not like they will listen, but if they get enough emails and calls, maybe.

Dear madam and sir,

I am writing to you today to communicate my concern and disgust frankly, with the proposed legislation of SB 501.

These "laws" that you have proposed, and I call them very loosely laws because they are nothing more than overt attempts to infringe on clear constitutional rights, are dangerous, irresponsible and do NOTHING to curb crime or specifically gun crime. However, they instead neuter law abiding gun owners, sport shooters, hunters, and individuals owning firearms for self defense.

There has never been any link connecting magazine capacity or availability to own ammo to gun crime and/or mass shootings. Which by the way, are both on the decline and not a statistically relevant problem in the state of Oregon.

Oregon was 36th out of 50th in gun murders (per capita) and experienced only 513 gun murders in a population of 4.2 million in 2016.

Is essentially neutering the civil rights of 4.2 million people worth trying to solve such a statistically small problem? The answer is quite obviously no. Do you think the criminals that commit these murders will obey magazine size limits, ammo restrictions, and licensing requirements? All these laws will accomplish is limit the ability of every day people to protect themselves from such attacks and enjoy their God given freedoms through hunting and sport shooting.

And honestly why did you come up with the capacity of 5 rounds? Why not 4? Or 6? What "study" or data are you relying on that claims that this is the magic number that would solve gun crimes?

Why 20 rounds? Are you not aware that ammo comes in 50 round boxes? Do you expect that gun stores are going to sell 20 single rounds? And why that arbitrary number?

It's very obvious that these laws were crafted haphazardly and without any real consideration.

Stop this nonsense now. Use your time and our tax payer dollars for things that are important.

Sincerely.

Semantics. It's a "peaceful protest" against proposed legislation and in favor of gun rights. Again, if you're going to tell everyone to take time off from their jobs to demonstrate/protest I expect to see you there practicing what you preach.

I am at all of these, and take time off work to do so.
Not really sure who you think you are, but I am not influenced by keyboard commandos and their
commands what you expect doesn't matter.
I truly do not care what you think about what I do or do not. Pretty funny, you are trying to appear as if
what you are saying matters to me? Coming from someone that wont be there. Not to be rude, and not trying to be, but
I go there for my brothers and sisters, not those who make excuses of why they can't be there. Guess you didn't read
I will be there I am at all of them, even hearings. Thanks for the thoughts. As far as putting my picture out there, not likely.
Ive had enough death threats protecting people like you in this state. Not putting my self out there for your jollies to prove a point.
Actually make me sick reading your B.S., ungrateful people I tell you.

( Done listening to your whining be there or don't, we already know where you stand on excuses, not going to break site rules to put you in your place. Have a great day and stay out of my business )

So let me get this straight...

They want to limit to 5rd mags
They want to limit to 20rds per month but unlimited rounds bought at and used at range. (effectively closing down all outdoor ranges That don't have a FFL and/or don't sell ammo on site.)

95% of pistols would become illegal in oregon overnight. including nearly 100% of revolvers. Sounds like they want you to have large bore weapons?!

honestly how many guns come with magazines that hold less than 10rds? most pistols hold more than 5 including most revolvers...

So hand cannons are ok..(44mag and larger) and 20rds per month...so can't buy the majority of shotshell boxes that come with 25 shells...

22lr will be near impossible to buy...what's the smallest box most 22lr comes in? 50rds?

I'm also reading: it's up to the transferee's to keep track of the ammo sales and not law enforcement's job.
So it sounds like you can hit every gun store in the area and every different website that sells ammo and get 20rds each from every different place. and well...good luck keeping tabs on reloaders.

BTW they claim this bill comes from students for change or whatever...how about we take the fight to the education system that has been brain washing our youth into thinking guns are evil and teaching "social justice" and "gender identity" or other politically correct BS instead of teaching them about our nations history. How many of these precious little snowflakes can tell me about what happened on the beaches of Normandy June 6th, 1944? How many of them can tell me what Germany's "final solution" was regarding that general time frame? (the final solution was 2 years prior to D-Day.)

Wait till some scum bag .
Punch one of these kids in the face and takes there bubbleguming I phone.
Then they might change there mind about self-defense.
BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THEY CAN'T GO ON LIVING WITHOUT THERE bubblegumING PHONE.

hmm I skimmed that bill and skimmed right over this...

clear and indisputable violation of the second amendment.

"Requires person to secure permit before purchasing or otherwise receiving firearm. Specifies qualifications for permit and manner of applying for permit. Creates procedures for appealing denial of permit. Punishes receipt of firearm without valid permit by maximum of 364 days' imprisonment, $6,250 fine, or both."

Do you need a permit to exercise your first amendment right?
Do you need a permit to exercise your fourth amendment right?
how about the 5th? do you need a permit to protect yourself from self incrimination?
Do you need a permit for a fair trial?
Do we need a permit to keep slavery outlawed?
I could go on but it's rather irritating how effing stupid these "sheeple" have become and how hopelessly dependent they have become on their government and laws they make. But that won't save them from criminals or from tyranny.

They might decide to define cylinder as magazine. You gotta remember these are the same people that think "clips" are "magazines" and that "ghost guns" can fire "30 caliber magazine clips in half a second."

And don't forget those deadly barrel shrouds and threaded barrels.

:rolleyes:

The bill its self violates several civil right, making it illegal.

If Oregon passed a law saying slavery was OK, would it be done? No, because it violates our civil rights.
It matters not if this law passes, as it is illegal in in contents. Requiring a permit and a BGC is a special kinda stupid.
Requiring a BGC is already stupid if you have a conceal carry.
Now I am just wondering how Leo's will enforce these laws. SB941 has resulted in zero convictions 4 years later still none.

Get your local county to pass 2nd Amendment laws if they have not, we have here so this bill wont apply in my county.
But we need to get this moving for other counties.

Here is a pdf link what our county used.
https://www.sanctuaryordinance.com/docs/DouglasSasoText.pdf

The county had already passed and ordnance setting way for the people to confirm, a double dose as it were.

The one thing I find interesting about WA and the OR .
Bills is they say what the fine and jail time is for the guy who got his gun stolen and used in a crime or ACCEDENT.
BUT THEY DON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO THE PERSON WHO STOLE THE GUN AND USED IT

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top