JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Second Amendment Foundation has this to say about California...

BELLEVUE, WA – For the first time in its history, the Second Amendment Foundation today issued a "travel advisory" to firearms owners to avoid going to California, warning law-abiding armed citizens that their civil rights could be in jeopardy due to that state's restrictive gun control laws.

More here...
Second Amendment Foundation

Second Amendment Foundation has this to say about California...

BELLEVUE, WA – For the first time in its history, the Second Amendment Foundation today issued a "travel advisory" to firearms owners to avoid going to California, warning law-abiding armed citizens that their civil rights could be in jeopardy due to that state's restrictive gun control laws.

More here...
Second Amendment Foundation

if this is their "first time in history" to suggest avoiding carrying in California Id say they are quite a bit late to the party.

if this is their "first time in history" to suggest avoiding carrying in California Id say they are quite a bit late to the party.
You misunderstand. This is the first time SAF has ever issued a "travel advisory" warning people to avoid going to any state.
SAF has been fighting the backwards gun laws in California for many years. Actually decades, since SAF initially sued and beat the first handgun ban in San Francisco many years ago.;)

You misunderstand. This is the first time SAF has ever issued a "travel advisory" warning people to avoid going to any state.
SAF has been fighting the backwards gun laws in California for many years. Actually decades, since SAF initially sued and beat the first handgun ban in San Francisco many years ago.;)

No, I do understand. Their "travel advisory" is severely late to the party. Read some of the comments above, gun owners have been saying not to go there for at least 20 years now. Good for the SAF to finally aknowledge this but its not anything new.

At least Oregon does allow adjoining state residents to get permitted. California does not. And OR is a must issue for non-criminal residents.

Oregon doesnt allow it, Oregon is a "may issue" for non-residents, there is no legal guarentee for non-residents.

Late to the party is a understatement! California has gotten to the point they should just slide into the ocean and save us all a big heap of trouble!!

Oregon doesnt allow it, Oregon is a "may issue" for non-residents, there is no legal guarentee for non-residents.

Oregon is a 'shall issue' state, meaning they must issue so long as you meet the requirements. There is no 'may' about it for residents - you meet the requirements or you don't. Reference Oregon Revised Statutes linked below, 166.291

It's 'may issue' for adjoining state residents.
I've helped over 50 others get theirs in the past, and know a bit about it.
ORS 166.291 - Issuance of concealed handgun license - 2015 Oregon Revised Statutes

Oregon is a 'shall issue' state, meaning they must issue so long as you meet the requirements. There is no 'may' about it for residents - you meet the requirements or you don't. Reference Oregon Revised Statutes linked below, 166.291

It's 'may issue' for adjoining state residents.
I've helped over 50 others get theirs in the past, and know a bit about it.
ORS 166.291 - Issuance of concealed handgun license - 2015 Oregon Revised Statutes

Pretty sure Koda was talking about non residents. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure Koda was talking about non residents. :rolleyes:
They said "Oregon doesnt allow it" - but they do.
Nothing I said was incorrect.
I had an adjoining state permit, before acquiring a resident permit.
Original point being, Cali does not allow adjoining state residents carry permits, OR does.

Isnt something like 90% of any guns a typical Oregonian owns is an instant felony once you cross the Cali border with them? Been like this for many years with their "approved gun list"... And of their approved guns its illegal to carry them you can only 'transport' them.

Old news, and just now the SAF is alerting the community.

They said "Oregon doesnt allow it" - but they do.
Nothing I said was incorrect.
I had an adjoining state permit, before acquiring a resident permit.
Original point being, Cali does not allow adjoining state residents carry permits, OR does.

We allow it but I was just pointing out there is no legal requirement to allow it. Its not the greatest thing going for gun rights, if all the county sheriffs didnt want to there is nothing a non-resident could do.
In its current condition a non-resident is literally asking permission.

Isnt something like 90% of any guns a typical Oregonian owns is an instant felony once you cross the Cali border with them? Been like this for many years with their "approved gun list"... And of their approved guns its illegal to carry them you can only 'transport' them.

Old news, and just now the SAF is alerting the community.

Cali's 'approved list' is only for guns being sold in state. Traveling or moving there is ok, given the provisions mentioned here.
So called 'assault weapons' and high capacity magazines are prohibited to be in your possession, a felony I believe. They had a registration / grandfather thing for assault rifles, not sure where that's at now.
A non-assault / non-high capacity weapon can be legally brought into the state, when following regulatory law, like empty in a locked container. You'd have to check their ban list for what an assault weapon is. I've had to travel there in recent years on family business and kept a revolver or a sub 10 round semi unloaded in a secure lockbox when traveling, loaded and accessible in a home or hotel rm.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top