JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
No worries.....my Civil Defense in 3rd grade taught us how to 'duck & tuck' .....I'm just looking for a desk big enough to fit with me in that position now.....

Thank God we have a strong and competent leader like Biden and a military dedicated to equity and diversity to get us through this when it all goes south...
Why do we care? If the Russians take Ukraine the worst that can happen is that the Biden's, Pelosi's and Romney's will lose a lucrative source of income. Are we going to go to war keep Hunter supplied with crack and whores? When is the US going to learn to stay out of European wars?

Why do we care? If the Russians take Ukraine the worst that can happen is that the Biden's, Pelosi's and Romney's will lose a lucrative source of income. Are we going to go to war keep Hunter supplied with crack and whores? When is the US going to learn to stay out of European wars?
I don't think that is the worst that can happen. Also, whether it is Putin or some other tyrant, we should always care when a bully picks on someone weaker, especially when the weaker party just wants to be free.

That said, I am not advocating that the USA get physically involved in the Ukraine, but I don't have a problem with the USA helping out materially. If anybody should be involved, it should be the EU, or maybe the interested parties of the UN.

On a personal level, I have relatives that have recently come from the Ukraine, who have relatives still living there.

I think it is time to let Europe fund and execute its own defense entirely, and for us to spend what we send them on reinvigorating "Star Wars" (or some other anti missile blah blah) defense for the US.

I don't think that is the worst that can happen.
Care to elaborate?
If anybody should be involved, it should be the EU,
That would be more appropriate.
or maybe the interested parties of the UN.
The UN is a joke. Nothing more than a jobs program for third world diplomats.
On a personal level, I have relatives that have recently come from the Ukraine, who have relatives still living there.
I am sorry for your relatives. But I am sure there are lots of Russians living here with relatives still in Russia.

ETA: I wouldn't expect the UN to do anything anyway. Russia still has the USSR's seat on the Security Council. They could veto any proposed UN action. I doubt if they would walk out before a vote again as they did before the UN intervention in Korea. Unless they are slow learners.

Last Edited:
Putin is operating from Hitler's playbook, note for note.
Politicians (people in political power, including despots) lie, make promises and go back on them. Hitler could not be trusted and neither can Putin. That is just the least of it. Applied militarily, Putin is using the same playbook, but the USA has done similar things - we are just better at lying about it, take for instance what we did to the Native Americans.

They were "borrowing" it from Ukraine.
And didn't like the new arrangement, so they "took" it.
I guess it depends on how far back you want to go. If you are going to go by who owned it first, you could say it belongs to the Greeks. Or the Italians. After that it belonged to the Turks. The Russians took it in 1774. But it has never been Ukrainian until relatively recently, when Krushchev adjusted the boundaries of various republics within the USSR and gave it to the Ukranian SSR (1954). The Ukrainian claim on that territory is rather weak. So, determining who had it "first", like all teritorial disputes, is subject to interpretation.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads