JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Eh, I don't know.... I kind of find it refreshing that I don't have to run through a translator what the POTUS said to figure out what he meant... his brain isn't in neutral, he just says what he thinks... I can relate to and appreciate that.

Eh, I don't know.... I kind of find it refreshing that I don't have to run through a translator what the POTUS said to figure out what he meant... his brain isn't in neutral, he just says what he thinks... I can relate to and appreciate that.

I do too. But then I'm not too sophisticated! :s0108: He really needs to back off a bit and be more precise in what he says. I'm in full support of the man, but good lord, he needs to quit giving ammo to the other side to use against him.

My local gun club's CUP requires that every member have an annual orientation to go over basic safety rules, including site specific safety rules. My California bred and reared son and I went out today to do the orientation. I like this club because, among other things, it has a rifle range out to 600 yards.

My son, like I, is a flaming liberal. Yet he, like me, shook his head in disbelief at every story the master RSO told about range rule (and basic safety) violations. He, like I, looks forward to testing himself at 300, 400, 500, and 600 yards. He, like I, looks forward to perfecting hand loads for those distances.

Guns and shooting aren't red versus blue; they're engineering, machining, science, physics, athletics, curiosity, learning and so much more. We need to get past the BS and the politics and let the basics of fun come to the fore.

How often do you go to the range? How about your neighbor? How often do you review ALL the safety procedures? How about your neighbor?
How many times have you heard a horror story regarding gun handling NOT AT THE RANGE and asked have they never been advised of this or that safety rule?

To me an annual rehash of rules and consequences is the minimum I would expect. every shooter that has had a gun in his hand or been around others PROBABLY has a safety related story. that would remind them of a rule or several of the rules.
I have no idea where the rest of the post is related to the annual orientation.

Actually, I'm a proud member of the ACLU, and I don't understand why anyone who supports the Constitution isn't also a member. Freedom isn't about supporting those who agree with us, it's about assuring that those who DON'T agree with us have an opportunity to voice their views.

I didn't mean to start a political thread, I only meant to show that guns aren't red or blue, they're just guns.
In theory, the ACLU sounds like an organization with good intentions. In practice, they do not adhere to the principles of the 2nd amendment AND they make it their "crusade" to defend illegal aliens. For those reasons, I consider them anti-American

My local gun club's CUP requires that every member have an annual orientation to go over basic safety rules, including site specific safety rules. My California bred and reared son and I went out today to do the orientation. I like this club because, among other things, it has a rifle range out to 600 yards.

My son, like I, is a flaming liberal. Yet he, like me, shook his head in disbelief at every story the master RSO told about range rule (and basic safety) violations. He, like I, looks forward to testing himself at 300, 400, 500, and 600 yards. He, like I, looks forward to perfecting hand loads for those distances.

Guns and shooting aren't red versus blue; they're engineering, machining, science, physics, athletics, curiosity, learning and so much more. We need to get past the BS and the politics and let the basics of fun come to the fore.
I have to disagree on one point...guns ARE red vs. blue.

On the one hand, many Liberals believe in the right to go shoot at the range...with a shotgun or bolt action rifle.

On the other hand, those same Liberals are the ones screaming that we don't "need" assault rifles...we don't "need" .50 cal "weapons of mass destruction" and "common sense" background checks are just fine.

These are the kinds of arguments where I part company with many of the Liberals I know...

So that means the ACLU only supports the individual right of a peon to own firearms if they are part of a militia..?

View attachment 343870

Is that correct?

Cause I always see them taking away rights of groups, especially religious groups who have a 1st Amendment.

I don't get it.

Again, not getting political, in just curious as somebody who supports a group that DOES NOT support your individual right to own what unites us on this forum. In their own words above they do not agree with the individual right of firearm ownership which you and your son have enjoyed.

Given the choice of one or the other, which door would you opt for? 2nd Amendment, range time, family time or ACLU?

Maybe it's more complex of an answer but I see it like free market. If I don't agree with a business (like Dicks) I don't spend any money there.

And there is the root of many issues for those who value freedom over the illusion of safety or "equality". Groups who operate under a flag of fighting for the down trodden, but are really tools of legal & social control by the ruling class use the power of the state to bend others to there will.

Most legislation or law suits are cleverly hidden ploys to destroy free thought, free association, free markets, etc., while favoring multinational corporations that crush family businesses.

If you don't like a business boycott it, don't use the state to bankrupt them. Living in a free society means the ability to associate & do business with who you wish. It means you accept the dangers of life, not believing in the lies of politicians selling a utopia & take personal responsibility for that safety.

All rights stem from the fact you own your body & can do with it what you please. All infringements stem from an individual or the state dictating terms of what you are allowed to do with you body & if you can defend your life. Social interactions are based on the non-aggression principle. All laws should be based upon a violation of that principle, a genuine infringement of your rights, including the right to be left alone so long as you are not causing harm to other, stealing, defrauding or damaging a public resource.

Any time you attempt to dictate how another lives their life, so long as they abide by the NAP, you are a tyrant & will only cause problems. Eventually this will lead to violence brought to bear by yourself as the means to see your terms met or upon yourself by those you have sought to lord over. Usually this results in war & genocide.

The road to every utopia is paved with the bones of those who disagree on the implementation or the end result. Somehow, in all of history, not one project has yet to be completed.

'm sorry but this simply isn't true. Guns and shooting absolutely are red vs blue because blue has chosen to make it such. The single biggest threat we have to our 2A civil rights is blue. Now you personally may be a blue who likes guns but that is just about useless to us if you ultimately vote blue. You are the problem, not the solution. Because while you may like guns, you support and vote for the policies and people who are trying to destroy our rights at every turn. Ultimately you can not be Liberal/Democratic and be for gun rights. Because you vote for the destruction of those rights. So you'll forgive me if I don't want to "get past the BS and politics and just have fun," when people like you are trying to take my civil rights.
Agreed 100% I will never respect a liberal or a liberal that claims to be pro gun when every liberal speech is against my freedom and way of life :mad: liberals are not my brothers in arms they are the opposite of that.

Try "we." Reads better.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads