JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So here we have a Chech Republic Billionaire purchasing Remington, Federal, CCI, Hevi-Shot and Speer ammo producers.
Anyone else see a problem with this?
The article even goes so far as to say the USA will not be given any preferential treatment with regard to distribution of ammo.
And the current administration ordered Lake City to cease all commercial sales of ammo and to cancel all commercial contracts.
Hornady ammo plant blew up last week.

F7tQqJHW0AAmNJo.jpg OIP (2).jpg F779TJ0aIAArM1c.jpg F779flabYAAmdg3.jpg thumbnail_Staying home.jpg

Last Edited:
Thread already exists. Also, the guy already owns Fiocchi and has been pushing hard expanding their availability.
I was not aware that a similar thread exists.
However, Redundancy might not be a bad idea in this case.
Things are not well for this country right now.

Not an expert on post Soviet-era satellite state history, but you might be encouraged that the Chech Republic added a 2A type provision to their constitution. They are more pro gun than most of EU. While you have to get a license, basically any normal person can get it. In addition they generally allow CC. You also also realize they have some excellent firearms manufacturers who happily sell guns in the US (and some of them widely regarded as quality for example),

Haven't really read up on them, but might better than, say, them getting bought out by a Chinese conglomerate.
So here we have a Chech Republic Billionaire purchasing Remington, Federal, CCI, Hevi-Shot and Speer ammo producers.
Anyone else see a problem with this?
The article even goes so far as to say the USA will not be given any preferential treatment with regard to distribution of ammo.
And the current administration ordered Lake City to cease all commercial sales of ammo and to cancel all commercial contracts.
Hornady ammo plant blew up last week.

View attachment 1744678 View attachment 1744679 View attachment 1744681 View attachment 1744682 View attachment 1744685
Chech Republic is arguably the most gun friendly country in Europe. They allow private ownership (they do require a license, but most regular citizens can qualify). They allow concealed carry (not sure over there where else the average citizen has that). They have a Constitunal right to firearms (not as plainly written as ours, but in Europe...).

Not really up on the culture there, but better them buying it than a lot of others I can think of.

Not an expert on post Soviet-era satellite state history, but you might be encouraged that the Chech Republic added a 2A type provision to their constitution. They are more pro gun than most of EU. While you have to get a license, basically any normal person can get it. In addition they generally allow CC. You also also realize they have some excellent firearms manufacturers who happily sell guns in the US (and some of them widely regarded as quality for example),

Haven't really read up on them, but might better than, say, them getting bought out by a Chinese conglomerate.

Chech Republic is arguably the most gun friendly country in Europe. They allow private ownership (they do require a license, but most regular citizens can qualify). They allow concealed carry (not sure over there where else the average citizen has that). They have a Constitunal right to firearms (not as plainly written as ours, but in Europe...).

Not really up on the culture there, but better them buying it than a lot of others I can think of.
That is all nice & good except for the clause that says Americans will be given no special preference when ammo gets difficult to acquire.
If that happens, we have few options left.

I'm feeling a lot more thankful for the investment that JJE made in their ammo and component facilities in the last couple years. When news of the Vista Outdoors sale broke at the beginning of the week, the owner of AAC responded when someone said that they would sell out for enough money. His response, "It won't happen. I am the majority shareholder of JJE and PSA. We do this for freedom, we aren't for sale."

I imagine the Czech Republic has their own worries about their neighbors and are probably interested in building up their own ammo reserves.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top