JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ive seen alot of those, if im not mistaken the pressures are similar so the no.5 action should be able to take an 06. Be nice to have the "military" look over the sporter too
Having the military look at anything is money and politics... And I don't just mean a few hundred thousand. I'd like for em to look at different stuff, but that's not cheap.

Then again its not like they need an excuse to spend a lot on testing something only to not adopt it in the end.

Having the military look at anything is money and politics... And I don't just mean a few hundred thousand. I'd like for em to look at different stuff, but that's not cheap.

Then again its not like they need an excuse to spend a lot on testing something only to not adopt it in the end.
Are we talking about the same thing?

While I have no love for Remington ever since Cerberus owned em, there was a nice 750 in .30-06 I saw at a shop while looking for a leather sling. If it wasn't for the fact I already bought a Ruger Hawkeye in .30-06 I would have bought it.

Why not? Strong and simple like an ak, very reliable just doesnt feature the tacticool 30 round clip mags:rolleyes:
A mauser is strong and simple, why go back to breech loaders when there good bolt guns to use instead?

Otherwise just start remaking the Whitworth rifle for our snipers. <|:•)

While I have no love for Remington ever since Cerberus owned em, there was a nice 750 in .30-06 I saw at a shop while looking for a leather sling. If it wasn't for the fact I already bought a Ruger Hawkeye in .30-06 I would have bought it.

A mauser is strong and simple, why go back to breech loaders when there good bolt guns to use instead?

Otherwise just start remaking the Whitworth rifle for our snipers. <|:•)
Bah, mausers. Internal magazines are no better then thumbhole stocks. Just legal loopholes to conceal the dangerous assault features:D
also i believe we still use a mauser action for our snipers the m40 if im not mistaken

Bah, mausers. Internal magazines are no better then thumbhole stocks. Just legal loopholes to conceal the dangerous assault features:D
also i believe we still use a mauser action for our snipers the m40 if im not mistaken
Unless the M40 is controlled round feed, it isn't anything like the mauser action.

The push feed gets used for "more accuracy" (how much of a difference in accuracy between push and controlled feed is unknown to me). Push feed is also simpler and cheaper to make. Ruger makes the cheapest controlled round feed bolt action (current production, surplus not included), and they are generally over $600.

The M40 is a Remington 700 like my M24. I have never understood the flap over controlled feed rifles, I own maby a couple of dozen or more of each type and haven't experienced a nickle difference in the two systems. I just sold my last Winchester M70 controlled feed rifle because I never would use it and it was left handed (that none of my kids are) I think it is one of those silly issues written about by gun writers trying to create opposition towards a brand that doesn't advertise with them. Either system in a well crafted rifle works fine. If they are poorly built.......nothing works.

For most people it isn't necessary to go either way, same fornthe military. When bolt actions were the standard was when controlled round feed had a place in military service, now the only place it has is hunting in Africa. The idea is that the bolt gets control over the round the moment it picks it up and have less risk of a double feed. For most people it isn't needed. Controlled round feed rifles don't need to be cleaned like push feed rifles (as you know controlled round feed rifles use a fixed blade ejector instead). For me, the Ruger Hawkeye was similar to the Mauser, even the model 70 didn't meet that for me.

The biggest thing push feed has is that they are cheaper to produce. Any accuracy difference is likely hypothetical, I've never seen a difference between the two when both are "accurized."

For most people it isn't necessary to go either way, same fornthe military. When bolt actions were the standard was when controlled round feed had a place in military service, now the only place it has is hunting in Africa. The idea is that the bolt gets control over the round the moment it picks it up and have less risk of a double feed. For most people it isn't needed. Controlled round feed rifles don't need to be cleaned like push feed rifles (as you know controlled round feed rifles use a fixed blade ejector instead). For me, the Ruger Hawkeye was similar to the Mauser, even the model 70 didn't meet that for me.

The biggest thing push feed has is that they are cheaper to produce. Any accuracy difference is likely hypothetical, I've never seen a difference between the two when both are "accurized."
A well made rifle won't double feed in any event......it is a distinction without a difference in function. I don't like a junk rifle whatever system it uses.

A well made rifle won't double feed in any event......it is a distinction without a difference in function. I don't like a junk rifle whatever system it uses.
The double feeding is from user error. Controlled feed, if it works properly, is supposed to compensate for it. Which is why its a desirable feature when hunting certain game.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top