JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This post inspired me to do a little digging. The lawsuit against BRCC is confirmed. I've never had nor purchased anything from BRCC. It's like they stole Dillion Precision's play book from back in the day and just added some low brow satire to their content. Also it seems this Liberty Doll just parrots or regurgitates the same content that Armed Scholar posts on his YouTube channel.
It may seem that way if you only watch a few of her videos.

Last Edited:
Not really comparable outside of the fact they are based on hipsters, but virtually all coffee brands are based on hipsters.
Tons of money spent of marketing and lifestyle messaging, little to nothing on anything else?

My daughter was a manager at DB for years. DB is/was all about lifestyle and "cool", maybe even more so than BRCC. The only customer facing difference is BRCC was smart enough to exploit a different crowd.

Tons of money spent of marketing and lifestyle messaging, little to nothing on anything else?

My daughter was a manager at DB for years. DB is/was all about lifestyle and "cool", maybe even more so than BRCC. The only customer facing difference is BRCC was smart enough to exploit a different crowd.
I have never seen any advertising by Dutch brothers. Other than their stickers, which I want to say they give out for free. Word of mouth advertising if anything that I know of. I like their beverages, so I'm definitely biased. I would agree they definitely promote a lifestyle, but their target audience is much larger than BRCC. BRCC couldn't have picked a worse audience to sell to to be honest. Gun owners are quick to distance themselves from a company the moment they start showing signs against their beliefs especially if that is what the company is founded on.

DB is conundrum for me. While their general community behaviors fit my own notion of understandable behavior, I just do not like their coffee, nor can I eat their pastry. Not that it matters.

Dutch Bros is disgusting sugary coffee diarrhea that caters to the high school, soccer mom crowd. I rather get Starbucks or Peets. If I am near will seek Insomnia or Jim & Pattis.

Black Rifle Coffee… mediocre at best. How many varieties of coffees do you need?

DB is conundrum for me. While their general community behaviors fit my own notion of understandable behavior, I just do not like their coffee, nor can I eat their pastry. Not that it matters.
DB for to me is not my kind of coffee. But by howdy they nail is on who they market too and do a great job keeping their ethos in all the new pop up locations. To own one you have had to have worked at one for a set time, like a few yrs. This way you bring the same culture to the new location. Brilent. My teens love their crap and all the "hay want are you up to today!?" spunky questions. But the living founding owner is now listed as #3 wealthiest person in Oregon.

As for the main post. Never been a fan of a coffee distributed via non food channels. + in Oregon we have so many solid hardcord coffee options I dont need to import coffee from a state that in general says caffeine is bad!

I know little to nothing about BRCC other than I always though it was a really an idiotic thing to use an 'identity' to pander to a certain customer base you think will support you.
100% of gun stuff is marketed this way.

I know folks on here that are hard core into the "culture" and buy things that are grossly overpriced for the aspect of being more noticeably in that "culture"!
While I think it is less than 100%, I agree with Reno that a lot of firearms marketing is lifestyle based (like BRCC). I have coworkers who wear some form of camouflage clothing daily, others are into Harley motorcycles wear some type of motorcycle clothing and another who is heavily into riding bicycles (on and off-road) which is his chosen self-identification.
Consciously or unconsciously, many people make choices and are influenced by "lifestyle" marketing.

Kinda got suckered in by BRCC at first, thought the Pro Vet thing was pretty cool, then the stupid videos started and I was turned off.
After Evan got caught and then first denied and then tried to lie about it, I knew they were done for. I had already stopped buying their over priced mexican beans, but that was the final straw! Then they attacked Kyle R and I knew they were a sham playing to a cool name, and worse, we saw they were anti 2nd which turned me into a rabid anti BRCC. Now, we see they are nothing but a bunch of get rich quick and screw everyone you can on the way there kinda people, but too stupid to see through the trees what's going to happen now!

Dutch Bros, is pretty cool for the funky cool vibe and convivence for a summer time blended drink, Wife and I really like their version of iced cofevev, and the fact we have two stores almost within walking distance. Reminds me of Starbucks WAY Way back when they were still kinda small and mostly local.

I never tasted BRCC, DB and some of the other coffee brands that are mentioned here.

I do LOVE good, fresh coffee, hot/black and absolutely PLAIN.

I do LOVE my hot cups of tea - PLAIN. I do love COLD water and a hot cup of water with a dash of honey in it or honey and lemon. (I rarely drink iced tea - plain any longer.)

I was never impressed by Starbucks coffee but we have bought it while on a long drive when we ran out of my Made At Home THERMOS carried coffee! I do NOT care for foo foo - fu fu coffee with a BUNCH of STUFF in it.

My FFL man is a Veteran. I support him for WHO he is and HOW he RUNS his business. That goes for some other FFL men who were Veterans. I did not always choose a business due to a military background but almost ALL of my FFL dealers and GUN salesmen, back EAST and out HERE, were smaller businesses - family owned AND were owned by a VETERAN.

ADDED more here too: My late husband was a decorated Veteran and served for over 20 years plus with a NON .gov job. USN - Nam and all around the world. Back in his home state - Air NG - Fighter Wing - First Gulf War, overseas a LOT, etc. The MAN who was a Veteran and owned the store in my former state (My late husband's state not mine originally.) was in the Air NG unit that my husband was in. He did not know him very well - he was in another section but he HEARD about his store which he started out super small and went bigger. My late husband and our CLOSE Military and LE friends spoke about that owner. So when I went shopping for my FIRST gun and 15 or so GUNS later on... I went to that store. People said that I could go to some BIG BOX place and get something for $20. cheaper or so. I was not impressed even though I went to 2 stores like that just to LOOK at the stores. The SON of the OWNER was MY salesman! LOL I would suggest him to ANY person. His Dad was in the back office most of the time. The son's WIFE even called me if her husband was with a customer if something CAME IN to see if I would like to know about it. And I asked her and HIM, the son, IF they held it for me was I responsible for BUYING it if I did not LIKE IT since it was NOT a special order just for ME and they said NO problem. They would set it back away from being handled and when I came into the store on Friday to shoot at their indoor range - they would show it to me FIRST which they did. They were GREAT in helping me as a NEWBIE with MY first gun with my husband by me. THEY LISTENED TO ME and showed me EVERY SINGLE THING that I asked about and even with MY post it notes, my other lined paper notes, my GUN DIGEST big book, my other TOP BRAND catalogs that I ordered via the tellie and any other question that I had from AMMO to gun cleaner to you name it! C had a good brother too. That son of the OWNER/VETERAN was big into archery too. C was a champion shooter at Camp Perry, at other places and was BIG into Black Powder shooting too.

I don't buy something or ANY specific thing aka OBJECT due to a COOL factor even if it is popular including some rifles that MOST people SAY that you just HAVE TO OWN because it is what THEY THINK you should own/shoot or because they own them. (Even though you shot them several times and were NOT that impressed and they were owned by friends and one former 'black rifle' was owned by my MT husband.)

The ONLY semi automatic rifle that I ever wanted, did BUY and LIKED was a Made in CT Marlin Papoose with the blue bag. It was black/stainless steel, a take down, a 22lr and it was a very nice rifle! I preferred my beautiful and former HEAVIER, walnut/blued CF and RF lever actions and a couple of single shots more. Then I discovered bolt action rifles (CZ with iron sights.) when my arthritis got worse and I liked them a LOT too. ADDED MORE.

I thought that it was nice years ago that a company (BRCC) that was started by Veterans got a chance to make something nice, coffee or whatever, and I hoped that they would be a success.

I never bought their coffee but I did LOOK at their coffee website years ago and their prices. I did see 2 of their ads a LONG time ago too.

I did SEE/HEAR on video AND PRINT the BRCC mass media STUFF when it came to Kyle R. and it left me SAD. Sad even though I thought that KR should not have been there and so forth (TOO much to type.) but I did BELIEVE that the shooting was in HIS SELF DEFENSE.

KR had the right to self defense even though I thought that he should have thought it ALL out first, spoken to his family, chosen NOT to go out there but he DID go out there! He should have thought it all OUT before he went OUT there whether he was 'asked to help' someone or not.

Old Lady Cate
PS: I have a large bag that I have carried with me on several trips across this nation and it is more of a GUN BAG now. It has LL Bean's logo ON IT and it is in blue. I got it on sale and I did not care years ago, early 90's, if it had a LOGO on it or not. It suited ME due to the quality, size, style, color and FABRIC and it has served me well on MANY, many trips on my former plane trips (Carry on luggage.) and in car/truck trips, in my move to the West and now it is my GUN BAG!

ADDED MORE x 2 and typos.

Last Edited:
I know little to nothing about BRCC other than I always though it was a really an idiotic thing to use an 'identity' to pander to a certain customer base you think will support you.

Obviously there were many who were duped into this but I never thought it would last forever regardless of their positions on things. I mean why would anybody pay 3X or more for something just because of it's name identifies with a particular culture or lifestyle?

I am sure however a lot of 'armchair warriors' had (or have) BRCC coffee cups in their hands.
Same reason people buy starbucks, dutch bros, etc. Because they're nuts or they got tired of burning their money in the fireplace. I get a little twitchy when I have to spend more than 20 cents on a pod. That's when I reach for winco brand instant coffee. Lately I have been running the pod once and then rerunning it once or twice more after adding a little instant coffee to my cup. Yes I am that cheap.

We all have our own preferences and priorities. I also value a dollar and consider myself disciplined with money. However, I do like a quality cup of coffee and have been buying fresh roasted, whole beans to grind myself for over 40 years. Even when on a hiking trip, quality coffee is on the menu...
Poor quality coffee is like poor quality beer, bourbon or wine, no thanks. Only drinkable under dire conditions.

We all have our own preferences and priorities. I also value a dollar and consider myself disciplined with money. However, I do like a quality cup of coffee and have been buying fresh roasted, whole beans to grind myself for over 40 years. Even when on a hiking trip, quality coffee is on the menu...
Poor quality coffee is like poor quality beer, bourbon or wine, no thanks. Only drinkable under dire conditions.
Pretty much the same,, to the point many would consider me Cofveve Snob! I really like the Italian Lavazza Brand, you can get it at Freddy's and when it's on sale, its a really good deal! I don't need to grind which is nice, and I can cold brew, or French press if I want, or do it up Turkish or Vietnamese style if I like and don't have to change anything! TO be sure, there are other "High End" qorme't quality brands/blends out there, (I.E. Long Bottoms), but the Lavazza seems to tick all the boxes for us!

Hello,

My MT husband only drinks one LARGE mug of coffee a day now but he used to drink a lot more coffee as I did too.

I do DRINK more coffee than he does on a daily basis but I drink LESS coffee than I did years ago.

I LOVE good coffee!

We need another coffee grinder, a new one, and we used to grind coffee beans on a daily basis. He bought one of those French Press (?) glass coffee pots years ago. I can't think of the proper name now for it.

My late Dad used to make all kinds of coffee the OLD way including with those little copper (?) and other pots.

I never owned or used a coffee pod thingey.

I used to make coffee in a Corning Ware coffee pot on the stove, in a Farberware (?) stainless steel pot on the stove, in a Sunbeam or G.E. stainless steel electric coffee maker = I did not like that much, and in a Mr. Coffee type of machine which was so so.

I do APPRECIATE good coffee just as I do hot tea in a couple of brands and types. I need to get another loose tea basket and get some loose tea again.

Take care.

Cate
PS: One time while camping my husband ground his coffee and made COWBOY COFFEE because we forgot some item. It turned out okay even though I had to spit out some coffee grounds. LOL

I like my beer cheap too. I would rather spend the extra money on something I am not going to piss down the drain.

PS: One time while camping my husband ground his coffee and made COWBOY COFFEE because we forgot some item. It turned out okay even though I had to spit out some coffee grounds. LOL
Ya, nothing wrong with cowboy coffee that a toothpick or toothbrush can't solve. Brewing it that way makes for a full flavored cup of coffee.

99% of my coffee comes out of a Costco Supremo can, into a reusable K-Cup and then into my Keureg for the win. It's both inexpensive and delicious, but then again I like coffee flavored coffee and none of that effeminate frufru crap. If you like that overpriced metrosexual inspired stuff it's OK by me, though, and I guess you need to drink something while you wait as they are dying you miniature poodle pink.

When I'm on the road or in an airport I look for 1) Dutch Bros or Coffee People, 2) Dunkin Donuts, 3) anything else that isn't Tastesucks over roasted burnt crap and 4) only if there is a caffeine emergency will I resort to Tastesucks and there is plenty of creme and sugar (the only time I add sugar to a drink ever) to make the Tastesucks taste pain go away.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top