JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reportedly it was some kind of homemade gun.
Zip gun ?

Too bad.
Abe was a good friend to the US.
Sawed off Biden gun - er, double barrel shotgun. Of sorts. Two pipes with endcaps taped to a 2X4. A black powder muzzle loader with some sort of electrical firing mechanism. Could be something as simple as a 9v battery, some wire and some steel wool.

I feel like Abe's security detail was so complacent because Japan usually does not have these issues. I'd bet, if you took 95% of the folks on this forum, just one of us, had one of us been in that security detail we'd have noticed the perp long before he could do his deed.
I think most of us, living in the USA and being aware of self protection, would've had the situational awareness to prevent this.

I feel like Abe's security detail was so complacent because Japan usually does not have these issues. I'd bet, if you took 95% of the folks on this forum, just one of us, had one of us been in that security detail we'd have noticed the perp long before he could do his deed.
I think most of us, living in the USA and being aware of self protection, would've had the situational awareness to prevent this.
We learn in retrospect. China hated Abe who allied Japan (and possibly others) with Taiwan against China. The CCP has a long memory and knew that Abe was campaigning for another member of the same party, i.e. more difficulties for China. We may never know, but with China's long-held goal being world domination, they might go so far as assassination, or even spread an engineered virus. During the world military games. In Wuhan. In 2019.

We learn in retrospect. China hated Abe who allied Japan (and possibly others) with Taiwan against China. The CCP has a long memory and knew that Abe was campaigning for another member of the same party, i.e. more difficulties for China. We may never know, but with China's long-held goal being world domination, they might go so far as assassination, or even spread an engineered virus. During the world military games. In Wuhan. In 2019.
And,...............
China has been pealing back the scabs of the past, circa 1937 when Japan began it's ( Second) conquest on the mainland of China!
Now, they have been taunting Japan for a few years now, threatening them if they stick their noses in Chinese business, they have made it very clear that Old Wounds still fester and that China WILL exact it's revenge, This is no idle threat, China means to completely destroy Japan if the opportunity presents it's self!
Things really started ramping up when Japan had honored its self defense agreements with NATO and once the moratorium had expired, Japan would be free to begin arming it's self how ever it saw fit, which it has been doing, and CHINA greatly fears a Powerfully armed Japan, as well they should!

Yep

My wife watched the video and was screaming at the security team, she knew right away. She made me proud!
As a Korean to adulthood, she is pretty attuned to all of Aisa happenings, but her situational awareness is all American!

If only Abe had had 'F-15s and nukes' :s0030:

Those yurei guns...
Or even worse: Tyrannosaurs in F-14s!!!

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 9.03.04 PM.png
Calvin: "This is so cool!"
Hobbes: "This is so stupid."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show