JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry, he is not! :p
About as popular as using the word "stroppy".
Stroppy got kicked off of YouTube. He is on Bit Chute now

It was June 2008 when I was there, briefly, so the troubles were over for a significant length of time. But the city felt like it still bore some of the scars. There was an uneasy feeling and I think Bush's arrival had some major impacts in the overall feel. I successfully passed as a dubliner when asked. (I mimic accents very well without meaning to) I will be honest. If some family disruptions had not occurred, I would have moved to Ireland. My wife is 3rd generation in the US, and still has family in Co Donegal. My ancestors left Co Donegal a very long time ago.

But again, I'd much rather deal with Belfast on a bad day than when I had to go to the 5th floor of Cabrini Green in Chicago. I had to take a kid home from an after school program when he had a psychotic break. The narco wars in some of the US cities I have been in are horrific. We hear of all the violence in the UK. But that is the nature of the US media.

By and large, the rest of the major developed nations in this world are significantly more homogenous than the United States (from an ethnic, cultural, and racial perspective).

Furthermore, many other developed nations that are frequently used as an example of how less violent they are than the US—such as Japan and the UK—are significantly smaller when it comes to total land mass. Population distribution is thus also significantly more "homogenous" than it is here in the US. In many ways, this allows law enforcement agencies and central governments to be more effective/efficient in managing and protecting their constituents.

I think these are basic factors that play a substantial role in explaining the disparity in violent crime rates between the United States and other civilized countries.

Please be mindful that I am not advocating against, or claiming that the diversity in the United States is a bad thing or needs to be done away with; simply that if we had the exact same system of governance as we have now, but 90% of the population was entirely African-American, or Mexican, or English, or Korean, etc…the violent crime rate would be drastically lower.

It was June 2008 when I was there, briefly, so the troubles were over for a significant length of time. But the city felt like it still bore some of the scars. There was an uneasy feeling and I think Bush's arrival had some major impacts in the overall feel. I successfully passed as a dubliner when asked. (I mimic accents very well without meaning to) I will be honest. If some family disruptions had not occurred, I would have moved to Ireland. My wife is 3rd generation in the US, and still has family in Co Donegal. My ancestors left Co Donegal a very long time ago.

But again, I'd much rather deal with Belfast on a bad day than when I had to go to the 5th floor of Cabrini Green in Chicago. I had to take a kid home from an after school program when he had a psychotic break. The narco wars in some of the US cities I have been in are horrific. We hear of all the violence in the UK. But that is the nature of the US media.

My family was from Co Cork.
I did consider taking a job at Intel a few years ago, but found that not only is Ireland somewhat restrictive to immigration (they don't seem to want us back) but holy cow, they are further left than most places in USA.

I could've had a pathway into the country if the Intel job worked out, and we have family and friends there....but I think I'll stay here, and away from Chicago whilst I'm at it.

My gut, if we dig deep enough into the hitter's background, we'll find Chinese influence somewhere whether money or education.
You are very likely onto something. Shinzo Abe was a member of the "Liberal Democratic" party in Japan. However, in stark contrast to the American party, "Liberal" means liberal with freedoms (what a concept!) and it is the rough equivalent of the Republican party in the US. Abe pushed for the strengthening of the Japanese military to counter the Chinese threat., and stated that the Taiwanese emergency from China's threats was also Japan's emergency.

Clearly, the Chinese Communist Party hated him.

This should really send a message to the Anti-Gunners who are always using Japan as an example of an anti-gun utopia.

BUT, But, but......how will the "message be received"?

Aloha, Mark
In an exchange of sorts with a rabid gun-hater online, I find that the mere presence of guns is abhorrent to many of them. Thus, the term "Hoplophobia" (fear of weapons), coined by Col. Jeff Cooper is exactly right.

Yet, these same fearful people drive cars and SUVs that kill 3X and injure something like 20-30X what firearms do. And not s single vehicular homicide is justified, whereas many firearms deaths are so ruled. And they have knives and blunt objects in their own homes. Thus, the psychological illness aspect seems even more prominent. I suspect it is a form of acquired anxiety disorder.

Ever-provocative talk radio host Michael Savage maintains that liberalism is not a political philosophy, but a mental disorder. Difficult to argue against that.

My family was from Co Cork.
I did consider taking a job at Intel a few years ago, but found that not only is Ireland somewhat restrictive to immigration (they don't seem to want us back) but holy cow, they are further left than most places in USA.

I could've had a pathway into the country if the Intel job worked out, and we have family and friends there....but I think I'll stay here, and away from Chicago whilst I'm at it.
My father was from Cork City, and was imprisoned by the British for his part in blowing up a police station - he was just 17. He was released unconditionally at the signing of the Truce and promptly joined the new Free State Army - and the instant civil war that took place shortly afterwards. So I have Irish citizenship, derived from him.

I'd just like to point out, for the benefit of most others here, that bombing your next-door neighbour, or sword attacks on schools, let alone demolishing ten-storey apartment blocks because of a perceived gwaeith at a grocery store, is not common here in UK. Knife restrictions in UK are just about on a par with every country in the rest of Europe and Scandinavia, the exception being made for the Sami people of Northern Finland, Sweden and Norway, who carry a puuko as part of their way of life. I have a puuko, made by my dear old pal Ron in Springfield OR, but lack reindeer hooves on which to apply it's fearsomely sharp blade.

Lacking handy reindeer hooves in large numbers here in rural Cambridgeshire, we are restricted to having a three-inch non-locking blade, which renders me, and everybody else around who habitually wears a Leatherman/Gerber a law-breaker.
I've always contended its not really mental health per se, but how much suck you perceive your putting up with in society in general. I'm betting at a certain point they feel like they are partially doing others a favor sparing them from the same amount of suck they have to endure. Ya its obviously twisted mentality but twisted governments beget twisted logic its a breeding ground. I think that's why its happening more and more here and the 'Rona impositions didn't help the stability of young people psyche. You keep telling yourself life sucks enough you start to believe others life's suck just as bad. These ultra violent video games don't help either at their age. I've seen the animalistic rage.. Its a sight to behold.
Yea, the 70's were probably better for that kind of thing:
View attachment 1236210

Totally a pinewood derby car.
That's it! I friggin love this guy! :s0140::s0152:

RE : Post #26, Post #29 and Post #95.

Clearly/maybe........there is a message?

With all that security personnel and "armed" protection at that. Plus.....Laws that do NOT generally allow guns for the regular citizens.

YET....to be taken out. By a guy with a homemade (Ghost Gun) and being that it was made for black powder too?

BTW.....Yeah....is that also an example of "Open Carry"? Or maybe they aren't familiar with what a gun looks like? Effective black tape disguise......Hummmm? WAIT, Wait, wait.....black gun. Ain't THAT, a big enough clue?

Anyway, don't get me wrong. It is SAD that someone died as a result of this attack.
So then........
What do they BAN NEXT?
Black tape?
Or maybe......there will be a new need to outlaw : Ghost Guns and books on/or, knowledge on/or, internet searches on the making Ghost Guns and/or black powder? Perhaps, new limitations on "tools/machine tools"? Perhaps, this attack will also bring with it......a new wave of internet surveillance measures?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
The word 'stroppy' is pretty common all over the UK. It main use is to describe a person who is argumentative for no apparent reason.
I've head that word used MOSTLY when speaking of divorced women. The kind of woman..... with a bone still to pick with men. Yeah.....for some.....being divorced isn't/wasn't enough.

Or maybe......
Because the word was used by a man. Then maybe, HE is the one with the bone still to pick?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Yeah I was watching it live last night on tv, he was giving a speech, and it looked like he had almost no real security around him other then a few dudes unarmed in suites, i saw a big blast of white smoke, then a boom, not a gun shot for sure, then the feed went dead, a few seconds later i saw a dude running after a guy and he was still holding his brief case lololol, must have the go codes in them. They tackled the perp to the ground, and Abe was covered in blood. Whomever was in charge of his security detail better fall on a sword most ricky tic...Strictest gun laws in the world, The PM gets shot/KILLED, better ban duct tape now.

Last Edited:
Licensing and registration of charcoal purchasers. BBQ owners will be investigated. Potassium nitrate will be outlawed. Plumbing will be highly regulated. Tape, clamps, screws, bolts - all must be strictly controlled. There must be some way to physically prevent people from doing harm.

Individual rubber rooms.

Observation from a mere layman...the object appearing to be a briefcase may be a folding ballistic shield. Examine the upper edge of the object and the manner in which he is carrying the object. Or I could be wrong.

UIobj.png

Alconbury appears to have changed a bit since I was stationed at the air base there in '59, '60, and '61. :rolleyes:
All I remember is a narrow little main street that went over a narrow stone bridge at one end. :s0093:

Alconbury appears to have changed a bit since I was stationed at the air base there in '59, '60, and '61. :rolleyes:
All I remember is a narrow little main street that went over a narrow stone bridge at one end. :s0093:
You wouldn't believe it.........

Observation from a mere layman...the object appearing to be a briefcase may be a folding ballistic shield. Examine the upper edge of the object and the manner in which he is carrying the object. Or I could be wrong.

View attachment 1236522
I have no idea what a folding ballistic shield looks like but agree that looks to me to definitely be a one piece "something" folded in three. Is a ballistic shield something they would throw over a suicide bomber to help contain the blast? Or maybe is it just to shield the ex PM?

I am going to go with shield the VIP.
A blast blanket would probably be free of any metallic hardware.

Just a guess though.

Talk about a place with some of the most restrictive gun laws in the world. Abe resigned last year due to medical issues so not sure why he was targeted as he's not in power in any way. Wish him well. He was a good ally of the US.

Abe was a nationalist scum bag making things terrible for working people in japan.

Talk about a place with some of the most restrictive gun laws in the world. Abe resigned last year due to medical issues so not sure why he was targeted as he's not in power in any way. Wish him well. He was a good ally of the US.

Reportedly it was some kind of homemade gun.
Zip gun ?

Too bad.
Abe was a good friend to the US.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads