JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With regard to the 'electronic ignition' on the gun the guy might have used model airplane engine glow plugs.

I once saw a cannon made using them and the guy claimed he got several discharges before the nichrome wire became fouled or burned up.

Yeah I was going to say before I finished reading, you could use almost anything, the little Christmas light bulbs, or any small bulb, bulk vape pen nichrome wire and the spool, thin copper wire, the list goes on and on. You can even make the primers if you really wanted to with Armstrong's mix. (That's what actually ignites matches when you combine them with the striker)
This is why I'm steadfast in the fact that I fear explosives more than firearms in a public setting. You can't legislate problems away.

The inner mind of a psycho. Ready to lash out at whatever is in his head at the moment. Sad.

RE : Post #128

I do NOT believe that Japan is a member of NATO.

That being said.......I might have maybe said SEATO. But then, I'd be wrong on that point.

So Japan.......
Well, they have their own reasons and interests to worry about. Though not really, when it comes to China. LOL.

IMHO....I think that Japan has sort of played it well when it comes to relationships with their former (WW2) enemies. Mind you that I never said that everything was "hunky-dory". As there are still some tensions due to some past wrongs.

Aloha, Mark

Stroppy got kicked off of YouTube. He is on Bit Chute now

Well, who knew? 'Stroppy' is a PERSON! Not an attitude, as in English usage. I learn something new most every day......................

Who would have thought? Japan has traditionally been nearly impervious to foreign belief systems.
Not impervious and there really aren't any kinds of religious restrictions. They are simply considered very "fringe" and only affecting such a small number of the population that they are largely ignored. Members of such groups/regligions as well are rarely all that open about it and typically still participate in traditional practices based on the main religious beliefs in the country (which nearly all observe). It makes it easy to overlook variances as inconsequential and not worth scrutiny... until they aren't.

Christianity has the overwhelming numbers in Japan... in terms of foreign belief systems... but it's still considered a very "fringe" religion... making up only 1% or so of the population. There are more Buddhists in the U.S. than there are christians in Japan.

This unification church thing is really a shocker. It's not even the numbers of them. They "claim" to have around 50k members in Japan, but that doesn't even register as a blip. The big deal is who and how deeply they have infiltrated into the government without notice. Japan's version of the U.S. illuminati(?)

In the end though the whole tragedy seems to boil down to one very disturbed individual acting on his own. Unfortunately, society as it is in Japan... safe and trusting... makes it much easier for things like this to occur. To their credit though, you don't see them moving to take away all citizens rights and freedoms over isolated events of the few. It's fully recognized that society can not be blamed for the criminal actions of individuals.

Pay attention brandon!!

Last Edited:
It seems that all such tragedies are a "perfect storm" of several lesser events culminating in one larger event.
Yup! And just like mass events in the U.S., it's impossible to predict or prevent them. Criminals will always find a way to criminal.

Who would have thought? Japan has traditionally been nearly impervious to foreign belief systems.
Really?
35407362511_bd6db682cc_b.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top