JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own a Taurus PT1911 blued with night sights, and it shoots very nice. Great accuracy, low recoil (I use 230 gr FMJ), and easy to quickly acquire targets. Factory trigger feels a bit on the heavy side, but not an issue for me.

My only complaint is the Heinie Straight 8 sights; I prefer the rear sight to be 2 dots so I line the front sight in between the 2 dots, instead of stacking the front sight on top of the rear sight, and putting the top of the front sight on my target. Personal preference, and everyone should know how their firearms behave anyway.

Sorry it took so long!! It was Shooter's Service Center on Lombard.
No worries and thanks anyways. I was impatient as usual and feel I got a pretty decent deal.

Hey Coctailer, do you know anything (availability, price or any other useful info) about the 2045 and/or the hi-cap 1911 by Taurus? Both are in the the new for 09 catalog.
I haven't heard about those but I have a 1911 high-cap I really like. I own this one <broken link removed> It's the most accurate 1911 I own even after buying the Taurus. The M-5 is Israeli made not Philippine made like there old products. It's another one of those whole lot of pistol for the money deals like Taurus. Their new 1911's are outstanding (The G4 all steal & M5 polymer high-cap)
My only complaint is the Heinie Straight 8 sights; I prefer the rear sight to be 2 dots so I line the front sight in between the 2 dots, instead of stacking the front sight on top of the rear sight, and putting the top of the front sight on my target. Personal preference, and everyone should know how their firearms behave anyway.
FWIW I prefer the straight 8's myself but everything beats plain iron sights IMHO and a laser really is the way to go in a defensive position.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top