Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Prices on the Taurus PT1911?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Mar 7, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

What do these seem to be selling for these days?

I only ask, because I noticed a couple of them at my dealer today and they had price tags in the $650 range on the stainless ones. Have they gone up this much in price? My dealer is usually on the lower end when it comes to pricing.

When I first saw them they were running $399 and then went up ti the $450 range. At that price I could see why some people would want them, but at $650 I could not imagine buying one of these over a Colt or a Springfield.

2. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

I've seen them floating around $550 at most dealers for the standard blue, maybe $10 for night sights, and last year that had a $75 rebate which made them a sweet deal.

3. PlayboyPenguin

I justed noticed the MSRP on their website is $816. Are they smoking crack??? :huh:

4. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

haha, I usually ignore MSRPs for the reason that sometimes they are available far less than MSRP, or sometimes just under.

5. Kaltbluter

Kaltbluter Eugene Member 2015 Volunteer

Yes. I believe they are.

6. PlayboyPenguin

They are even $630 from Bud's...and then you have to pay a transfer fee on top of that. Crazy.

7. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Yes, yes they are.

8. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

An associate of mine purchased one for that with the discount. Darn tootin' it's a screamin' deal.

lol
    Darn tootin'. :bluelaugh:

9. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but where on earth in Oregon do you guys find these outside of Kieth's in portland/gresham (Where ever... they are both to far from me and last I checked he wanted to much for them there) ???

10. NK777

I found one locally at that security gun shop on TV highway but they wanted $800's for it so I threw up a little in my mouth and gave it back to them. :D

Anybody know where to get one at a reasonable price?

11. wildcard97

wildcard97 Portland, OR Member

I bought mine (blued) for $511 about 8 months ago in St. Johns. If they have gone up, it's probably that Taurus didn't realize how much work it is to produce that gun with those features!!

12. NK777

Thank you for your response wildcard. What's the name of the shop you purchased it at. I have some friends in the area so occasionally I am in the St. Johns area and could stop by on the way there sometime I guess.

Nice price BTW! That is more like what I'm looking to spend for sure.

I guess if I can't find one at a reasonable price locally I will be making another gunbroker purchase. Damn I have bought way to many guns on gunbroker lately. :laugh:

13. Warthog

Warthog Turner, OR Active Member

I have the 2008 Taurus catalog, customer version, not dealer. I have looked at the 1911's several times. The list of standard features is extensive and having many a Taurus I also thought about getting one. I have never owned a 1911 before and thought a Taurus would be a goo introduction for the money. So I started looking at the gun shows, and quickly discovered I could get a Kimber pro carry for less than what a lot of the Taurus 1911's were selling for. I am not sure if it the current climate in the gun market or if they have gained so much popularity. I would pay around $600, but not the $800 plus I have seen them selling for. I did however find them online for $640.00 new, plus shipping and Transfer fee. http://www.onlinegundeals.com/ItemDetails/708322034/TAURUS_STAINLESS_1911_W_TAC_RAIL_NE.htm

14. ACBMWM3

ACBMWM3 Seattle Area Member

From a dealers point of view, which I am. The wholesale price has gone up... SO! the retail goes up.

15. NK777

Well I just bought one on gunbroker NIB for $529.95 plus $25 shipping and $20 FFL transfer. Still a far cry from the prices I'm seeing locally.

16. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

17. Warthog

Warthog Turner, OR Active Member

18. NK777

Yep, I seen that thanks! Yes I really am that cheap that since I could scrounge around gunbroker and find one for $10 cheaper that I went with it. :bluelaugh:

19. ACBMWM3

ACBMWM3 Seattle Area Member

$540 is a very good deal since Taurus upped there wholesale prices a month ago.

20. wildcard97

wildcard97 Portland, OR Member

Sorry it took so long!! It was Shooter's Service Center on Lombard.