JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
6bf001fc085108b9c41cffee65c17f29.jpg

This has to be a sweet gun. It sure is gorgeous. The 686+ I had was a -5 and except for the composition of the metal it was made from it was very similar to your 586. To me it's the perfect 357.

Why I know some Ruger fans will disagree I think these models had near perfect balancing, thats what I really like they have the simplicity of a revolver but the smoothness and feel you might have on a semi-auto. I am not a huge fan of the newer 686 /586 that have the locking mechanism, models seems that something is slightly lacking I think what ever they did after that effected the trigger some. But still all revolvers you gotta love for technology that goes back 140+ years. :)

I have a Ruger Old Army that is Blued and has the original "Ivory" stocks from the Factory. I've had others but I have left this one unfired. I even have the original box and the original shipping box.:):):)

My Old Army, bought on my birthday in March 1986, gets shot at least once a month with a minimum of 96 shots - since 1998 it's the only kind of handgun that people here in England, Scotland and Wales are allowed to shoot as guests at a gun club.

I'm happy to say that I'm on the fourth [maybe fifth, I misremember] set of nipples, having shot at least 25,000 RB down the still-minty barrel since I bought it.

See, here we HAVE to shoot them, if we have them, but it's really no hardship, having fun with a big BP revolver. Having one of these lovely guns and not shooting it, is to me like having a good horse and watching it canter around the corrall, but never riding it.

I know a guy on another forum who has two of each variant ever made - all unfired in the back of his safe...what a pity.

tac

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Finally found mine...built in 76' ....Came with presbox n tools.
Been shot but with love..action is glass..best I have owned
NOT SAYING MUCH AS THIS IS FIRST OVER $500 REVOLVER FOR ME.DOUBLEDOWN IS WORTH THE MONEY

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top