JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ya can't go wrong with a Smith and Wesson Model 14. You might want to look into another set of grips depending on how those fit your hand. Congrats.:)

Yeah, I've already been looking at grips. Problem is my hands are small so those "fit" but they are terribly uncomfortable. I had some target grips on a Colt officer's target model and they were too big, so I imagine any of the k frame target style grips are going to be too big also as they are pretty similar sized. I was thinking about posting in the revolver section to see if people had suggestions, or even grips I could test run.

Pachmayr and Hogue both make several different grips for the "K" Frame. In particular, the SK-S Pachmayr grips are very popular. They are actually smaller than the Targets. Good Luck.

here's my favorite N frame:

upload_2018-7-21_19-43-17.jpeg

have yet to find 41 Mag with 8 shot cylinder fitted.

do have a 'Mountain Gun' 41 mag that shoots pretty straight...;)

One of these days I need to take you up on the offer to try out a .41 mag. REALLY interested in the caliber. :)

I've never cared for the acoustics of any 357, running from shrill to just annoying.

The 41 Mag adds just enough lower frequency as well as more satisfying moment of inertia to any pistol suitably chambered.

Of course the target is notably impressed as well.

One of these days I need to take you up on the offer to try out a .41 mag. REALLY interested in the caliber. :)
Just what you (and I) need is another caliber to feed. At least in my case, I have a .41 AE. So I have the reloading dies and bullets to support a .41 mag.

.41 mag is a very underrated and unappreciated caliber.

Ruger .30 Carbine Super Blackhawk. It was kind of a grail gun for me. I had one years ago and really enjoyed it but something else shiny came by and it went away like so many others. Anyway, fast forward a bunch of years and I realized I missed it so it made the wish list.
I came across this one last year or so but couldn't put it together until a couple of months ago and I was like a kid at Christmas.

It had Pachmayr grips on it, but I prefer a more traditional look so I changed them out. These are a synthetic ivory made by an outfit in Arizona. I like the worn and aged look and they're supposed to be pretty hardy as far as chemicals and chipping and stuff.

Revolver pics:

DSCN0552.JPG DSCN0550.JPG

Given me an idea - any of you there recommend me a nice set of grips for my Ruger Old Army? I'm about cheesed off with the current Pachmayrs, and fancy something a little more, uh, traditional, so to speak. NOT stag, though.

This was me shooting the last shot in a 'last-man-standing competition' any revolver shoot a few years syne. Eight start out shooting at 25m, and as their shots go outside the 6 ring, so does the shooter. I'm the only one left 'standing', and all my twenty-four shots were inside the eight ring, for a total score 216.

Half were fired left-hand and half right-hand - same for all shooters. No two-hand grip allowed. The load was 30gr of T7 under a .457" cast ball.

tac

Last Edited:
Beautiful revolver!

The only 1873s I ever had had the words 'Cisco Kid' on the sides, and came in the most lurid blue imaginable. Still, as a youngster of eighteen or nineteen, I really didn't care.

...and the smell of a roll of just-fired-off caps in the morning..................................happy memories, eh?

tac
Mine said "Fanner 50" on it.:):):)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class