JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
6bf001fc085108b9c41cffee65c17f29.jpg

This has to be a sweet gun. It sure is gorgeous. The 686+ I had was a -5 and except for the composition of the metal it was made from it was very similar to your 586. To me it's the perfect 357.

Why I know some Ruger fans will disagree I think these models had near perfect balancing, thats what I really like they have the simplicity of a revolver but the smoothness and feel you might have on a semi-auto. I am not a huge fan of the newer 686 /586 that have the locking mechanism, models seems that something is slightly lacking I think what ever they did after that effected the trigger some. But still all revolvers you gotta love for technology that goes back 140+ years. :)

I have a Ruger Old Army that is Blued and has the original "Ivory" stocks from the Factory. I've had others but I have left this one unfired. I even have the original box and the original shipping box.:):):)

My Old Army, bought on my birthday in March 1986, gets shot at least once a month with a minimum of 96 shots - since 1998 it's the only kind of handgun that people here in England, Scotland and Wales are allowed to shoot as guests at a gun club.

I'm happy to say that I'm on the fourth [maybe fifth, I misremember] set of nipples, having shot at least 25,000 RB down the still-minty barrel since I bought it.

See, here we HAVE to shoot them, if we have them, but it's really no hardship, having fun with a big BP revolver. Having one of these lovely guns and not shooting it, is to me like having a good horse and watching it canter around the corrall, but never riding it.

I know a guy on another forum who has two of each variant ever made - all unfired in the back of his safe...what a pity.

tac

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Finally found mine...built in 76' ....Came with presbox n tools.
Been shot but with love..action is glass..best I have owned
NOT SAYING MUCH AS THIS IS FIRST OVER $500 REVOLVER FOR ME.DOUBLEDOWN IS WORTH THE MONEY

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top