JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mainly just curiosity, though possible practical application: what is the smallest, double-action revolver that is at least someone available? I realize that is a bit vague; current or recent production would, naturally, fit. Those made in yesteryear, but still floating around the used market would too. Some weird, very low production, piece from like a century ago would not. Beyond that, of any manufacture, in any caliber, would fit, as long as it is a double-action revolver.

Thanks and enjoy.

S&W 43C. 8-Round .22LR. Weighs nothing, very small, great sights. I own tons of revolvers and it's one of my favorites. Great with Federal Punch Ammo. They make the same thing in a 7-Round .22WMR (I own this too), model 351C. Both if these models are concealed hammer double action only, but they do make both versions in a SA/DA with traditional hammers.

Last Edited:
S&W AIRLITE I've got one that weighs just under 12 oz. 5 Shots in .357 mag. Ouch, it the muzzle flash and the bullet doesn't kill em, the noise it makes will.

Before the J-Frame, there was a different S&W small frame revolver, the I-Frame. I believe the only difference from the "J" was cylinder and frame length.
That's about the smallest revolver that I know of, but I can't believe there isn't something a little smaller without being as shrunk as the NAA revolvers!

Taurus-380-UL-Revolver-770.jpg
Taurus offered a .380 ,which featured a very short cylinder.
Not sure if currently in production.

The Taurus View

Introduced at 2014 Shot Show.

38 special.

1" barrel.

3-1/2 high.

Couldn't find info about weight.

Clear side-plate on right side.

AHND14-TAURUS-2.jpg
AHND14-TAURUS-1.jpg

Hard to find information about this revolver. I'm assuming that since it was such a weird revolver, it didn't sell and was discontinued almost immediately. But it is incredibly small for a 38 special.

Here's a link to a review by Massad Ayoob. All pictures I posted here are from that article.

Below is a picture comparing size between The View and a Taurus 856 (38 special, 5 shot), which, in and of itself, is pretty small.

AHND14-TAURUS-8.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews