JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
there is no question
my S&W 686+ 7 shot, 5" bbl Talo custom
I can ring steel at 100 yrds off hand, (with a back brace, being an old man) with my new eyes, on a Caldwell IPSC target with this pistol

View attachment 1875063

I had a 4" version of your gun and loved it. The 5" barrel is the only other length I'd consider for one of these. I'll bet that really is a sweet shooter.

Not any longer!

Shortly after getting it I realized why the SS rear sight only lasted until Dash 1 and found a good used blued one which it NOW has on it!
Mine had had that Replaced before I bought it. The previous owner, who was the first owner, dovetailed an orange insert in the front sight. He was a cop kind of think he might have sent it in to the factory to have the work done. It looks very professional. It's a good shooter. What a sweet trigger.

I wish I had a model 19 to go with it.
Oddly this 66 came to me as a 'replacement' for the Mod 19 I impulsively sold to my brother MANY years ago!

I always wanted another , and passed by on many over the years (due to other gun interests!) but in 2015 this 66 (and the 60) basically fell into my lap and I made a deal with the owner and well, the rest is history!

The Up-side IS along the way I decided I wanted a Mod 36 snub and they both came to me in the form of the SS models.

The DOWN side is I REALLY wanted a 3" mod 36 with adjustable sights, and look at (and passed on) several over the years and now they are very scarce. But I am glad to have the 2" snub and it shoots very well!

Last Edited:
Oddly this 66 came to me as a 'replacement' for the Mod 19 I impulsively sold to my brother MANY years ago!

I always wanted another , and passed by on many over the years (due to other gun interests!) but in 2015 this 66 (and the 60) basically fell into my lap and I made a deal with the owner and well, the rest is history!

The Up-side IS along the way I decided I wanted a Mod 36 snub and they both came to me in the form of the SS models.

The DOWN side is I REALLY wanted a 3" mod 36 with adjustable sights, and look at (and passed on) several over the years and now they are very scarce. But I am glad to have the 2" snub and it shoots very well!
I have a 36 3" with fixed sights. Gorgeous little shooter. One of the best buys I have ever made. I love that damn little gun.

My SW J frame Hilary hole model 60-15 in .357 I like carry at times and love the 3 inch barrel and larger sights.
The 6" Anaconda and the 4.25" Python are also great wheel guns as well. I've carried the Python at times too. I'm smol at 5' 6", 116 lbs, but also a recoil junkie lol.

20240325_181103.jpg 20240210_155345.jpg

It depends on purpose. My GP100 would be a great choice if I need .357 out to 100 yards. My Redhawk .454 if I need to cap a moose. My S&W 1917 would be a good choice if .45acp will work. My .327 SP101 if I am just needing a light defense. If I need general purpose my Anaconda is my jack of all trades. Cobras or detective specials if I need a pocket revolver.

Should we really put fighting and revolver in the same sentence in this day and time? Tho I have one I would never make it my primary unless being used for Bear defense.

Should we really put fighting and revolver in the same sentence in this day and time? Tho I have one I would never make it my primary unless being used for Bear defense.
I think you can.
Granted, if I was thinking I was going to have a firefight with a handgun, I would want a semi auto with a large mag, But if I thought I was going to have a firefight, I'd pick a rifle or a carbine over any handgun.
However I think a double action revolver can be a fine "fighting" piece.

I think you can.
Granted, if I was thinking I was going to have a firefight with a handgun, I would want a semi auto with a large mag, But if I thought I was going to have a firefight, I'd pick a rifle or a carbine over any handgun.
However I think a double action revolver can be a fine "fighting" piece.
I guess we need to define what a fighting pistol is. In today's city streets capacity means everything. If you are the belief that 1 round will end the fight sure, but a fighting pistol needs capacity and 5-6 rounds isnt that. Saying that I respect your opinion.

I guess we need to define what a fighting pistol is. In today's city streets capacity means everything. If you are the belief that 1 round will end the fight sure, but a fighting pistol needs capacity and 5-6 rounds isnt that. Saying that I respect your opinion.
Well, I'm not John Wick armed to the teeth spoiling for a fight. That said, I refuse to be an easy victim and will fight back with whatever I've got and anything I can find along the way. So if I'm in a gun fight and all I have to fight back with is a revolver I'm going to use it. Honestly though what I mostly carry is a 6 shot sub compact 40 S&W or 357 Sig, so that makes the capacity about the same as a revolver. Maybe a better question is how many ready service rounds do you feel is needed to get out of whatever trouble you are in. For that my truck consul gun is a 17 round 40 with 2 extra magazines so 51 rounds ready to go as needed.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top