JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My target model below...how's the trigger on that patrolman? N frames seem huge for .357 these days don't they? I actually envy your combat sights and trigger and hammer and grips. Would probably fit me better.

View attachment 1835945
Although I can appreciate a svelte trigger system, I'm not "trigger sensitive" (within reason) and never paid much mind to it, but it never seemed a PITA to shoot in either SA/DA.

I'm (generally) mentally conditioned to "just work with what's there" (i.e. machinery, tools, vehicles, guns, etc) to accomplish whatever it is that I'm set on.

Although I can appreciate a svelte trigger system, I'm not "trigger sensitive" (within reason) and never paid much mind to it, but it never seemed a PITA to shoot in either SA/DA.

I'm (generally) mentally conditioned to "just work with what's there" (i.e. machinery, tools, vehicles, guns, etc) to accomplish whatever it is that I'm set on.
Same here. I've always wanted to try a patrolman once and compare it to the 27-2 side by side though.

I think any difference would be in the shape of the respective triggers and hammer weights. I've never run across a patrolman for sale and just stumbled across the 27. The trigger in S/A is almost too light and D/A is amazingly smooth.

The definition of a hand cannon…

:s0140:
Well, Serbu did make a handgun in .50 BMG.

1709565736985.png

I'd like to thank everyone here for helping me spend my money! After this thread and looking through the safe realized another revolver was in order. Didnt feel I had the appropriate combat revolver in there.
So now have a S&W 19 classic that followed me home. That is after the #$@× wait period.
Didnt realize how hard it is to find a blued Smith. Stainless are everywhere but the blued seem to be more hit and miss. Of course when I went to pick it up today the had a classic 10, 19 performance center and a couple older smiths.
Excited to get it out and run some rounds in it soon.

20240316_143437.jpg

I try not to get involved with theoretical and rhetorical discussions.🤭

But I'm gonna forget that plan for just a moment.

A fighting revolver for me, includes large bullets that don't need to upset to still be effective.That said, they also don't need to be anything magnum.

.45ACP is probably still king. But .45 Colt, .44 Special, even .40 S&W will be on my list. And I believe a handgun with enough mass to be a weapon even when it's out of bullets is a plus.

After reading the above post...I got to thinking ( dangerous I know...:D )
I have a Smith and Wesson 19-3 , I suppose that would make for a fine fighting revolver...even if I don't think of it that way myself.
I view more as a fine shooting and handling fun revovler.
Andy
Well they did used to be called the "combat magnum" IIRC?

Well they did used to be called the "combat magnum" IIRC?
That is very true.
However for me and my thinking...
I could use any of my firearms for "combat"...but I much prefer to think about using them for fun.
So...just for me and how I do things....defensive , tactical , combat , etc....are all things that I don't worry about with my firearm usage.
It is enough for me to know that I can do those things with my firearms....I just prefer to practice and use 'em otherwise.
Andy

Last Edited:
That is very true.
However for me and my thinking...
I could use any of my firearms for "combat"...but I much prefer to think about using them for fun.
So...just for me and how I do things....defensive , tactical , combat , etc....are all things that I don't worry about with my firearm usage.
It is enough for me to know that I can do those things with my firearms....I just prefer to practice and use 'em otherwise.
Andy
Indeed. Any firearm is better than strong language to fend off an attack. I too just enjoy them though. I don't really practice and reload for self-defense. I just have a love for the history and sport, and an appreciation for the machinery. The self-defense capability is a secondary skill I hope I never need. The model 19/66 is the work of real craftsmen. I think you should sell me that one it belongs with my 66 no dash 4". 😆

Edit to correct spelling

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany