JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Magnums:D

20180213_102955.jpg 20180213_102920.jpg

My new acquisition, I've been wanting one of these for years finally found one locally in shoot-able condition.
US Revolver Co. .32 S&W(now called .32 S&W short), which from what I've researched is a Iver Johnson rebrand that was sold through SEARS and some other stores,made from the get go for smokeless powder. I read that the original load was 85 grain projectile leaving that 3" at 800 feet per second,not bad for such a tiny revolver, annoyingly modern production ammo is about 30% under-loaded or more. So I will be buying a lee hand press so I can shoot it with the proper ballistics,maybe load slightly hotter too if all goes well.

Bore is exceptional for the age, lock up is almost as good as my last J-frame :O
King James Version of the Bible for scale.

20181023_215420.jpg 20181023_215518.jpg 20181023_215626.jpg 20181023_215931.jpg

My new acquisition, I've been wanting one of these for years finally found one locally in shoot-able condition.
US Revolver Co. .32 S&W(now called .32 S&W short), which from what I've researched is a Iver Johnson rebrand that was sold through SEARS and some other stores,made from the get go for smokeless powder. I read that the original load was 85 grain projectile leaving that 3" at 800 feet per second,not bad for such a tiny revolver, annoyingly modern production ammo is about 30% under-loaded or more. So I will be buying a lee hand press so I can shoot it with the proper ballistics,maybe load slightly hotter too if all goes well.

Bore is exceptional for the age, lock up is almost as good as my last J-frame :O
King James Version of the Bible for scale.

View attachment 511423 View attachment 511424 View attachment 511425 View attachment 511426

Nice! I know they're not well liked by some - with good reason, in some cases - but I've always been partial to them. My father still has one I picked up years ago and passed on to him.

-Mike

There's a hammerless one in classifieds right now :s0114:
I might have to sell some things, these top break revolvers are awesome.
Maybe I should pick up another one, I understand some of the hate on these is finding ammo,but I bought this one with the intent of reloading for it eventually, same for any other ones I might find. I think the rest of the hate on these are that quite a few are not mechanically sound still, I'm surprised mine is for how little I paid for it.
They remind me of the Schofield revolvers from the the wild west.(if only the schofield came in double action,might have to hunt down an Orbea or a Webley again)

Real shame no one makes a modern production top break in 9mm or .45 acp,though 10mm would be way cool too.

Great pic @mmaton! Need a better pic of the revolvers. They look like beauties. The next purchase will be a model 29. Just not sure which one yet. Unless someone has a spare full underlug 14-5 or 6 laying around.

I think the rest of the hate on these are that quite a few are not mechanically sound still, I'm surprised mine is for how little I paid for it.

Yeah, pretty much. But if you reload, and use minimum loads, there's not much worry for problems even with the older ones - as long as you give them a good look over and checkup (or have a gunsmith do it) for safety. I just think they're cool, and the history is interesting, for sure.

-Mike

Don't remember if I posted this before, S&W Mod 15-1 .38Spl. Combat master piece. I paid $65.00 for it in 1962 at a gun show. The blueing was still on the front of the cylinder. 3.5 gr. of Bulls-Eye pushing a 145gr. Keith HP
and no Jackrabbit is safe within 100 yards.:eek:
38 Spl.jpg

IMO the Model 15 is every bit as accurate as the Model 14. But with the shorter barrel the Model 15 is easier to conceal. And I'm sure with that load you aren't going to get too much leading. A Very Nice combination!:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top