JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
seriously, anybody know if it's okay to do this? I have cash and will outbid them on nice guns. I've seen colts, smiths, rare stuff turned in before.

It's legal AFAIK, but I'd expect the SPD to harass you. They may not let you loiter or park in the area. You could stand on the sidewalk with a sign though, like a protest.

Yes it is legal. It is no different then any other FTF sale in WA. Not sure what else you are asking. What would make it illegal? Handle the sale and yourself like you would in any other FTF situation.

Make a sign. Sit in a place you are allowed (no illegal trespassing). I don't think you are going to get into a "bidding war" with anyone. Look at the item, offer a price, even haggle with the seller if needed.

seriously, anybody know if it's okay to do this? I have cash and will outbid them on nice guns. I've seen colts, smiths, rare stuff turned in before.

It has worked in Portland at the last gun "buy-back" event. Several people showed up to out-bid the official event's price. Very few of the people bringing guns in were interested in talking to the buyers ... they seemed to have already bought into the idea that they needed to get rid of their evil gun.

In summary:
A) There is not a steady stream of people lined up to get rid of their guns. It is mostly standing around with nothing going on.
B) Most of the gun-providers will not even listen to alternate offers. They seem afraid (to talk to people who like guns, to sell a gun to someone while the police look on).
C) Given A and B, that whittles down the POTENTIAL good deals to almost nothing.
D) The police did not mind at all and did not bother us at all.

But if you are going there to make a Political statement, rather than seeking a good gun deal -- then I think that is a great reason....

Given that the funds for this is coming from private organizations, it doesn't bother me. If my tax dollars were being wasted on this, I'd be ticked. Yes, I know a few LEOs are getting paid for their time on my tax money, but that's not a big deal to me. If someone is not comfortable with a gun in their home, they shouldn't have one. I don't mind paying a few hours to a LEO to help get guns out of places that they may not be safely kept or appreciated. If some of ours can go down and "intercept" a few to give those people better deals while getting themselves good deals, that's awesome. Those guns get moved from homes where they were not appreciated and into homes where they are appreciated.

I don't mind Amazon kicking some gift cards in after other organizations already committed to buying what, $75,000 worth of cards? If Amazon put that same money towards lobbying for gun control, then I'd be mad. They're not. They're just getting guns out of homes that they are already not wanted in. It does no harm to any of us.

So guys, since I can't go personally, who is going and would be willing to purchase a couple pistols or ARs for me to then buy from them? I'll front the cash. ;)

(Mods - thanks for combining my thread with this, good call.)

Based on current market values it would be insane to let any gun go for so cheap.

Anybody know if they check the serial numbers to see if the gun has:
  1. Been used in a crime
  2. Been stolen so it can be returned to it's lawful owner?

I'm guessing no on both accounts.

They are planning to run serial numbers to check if they have been reported stolen.

E

‘Buyback’ epitomizes the hypocrisy of gun prohibitionists

Are Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn and King County Executive Dow Constantine about to engage on a monumental piece of hypocrisy with their “no questions asked” gun buyback program?

<broken link removed>

Todays Statesman Journal front page.....yesterday in Tucson Arizona a gun buyback ( $50 grocery store gift cards ) while a open, unregulated and legal marketplace for firearms was happening right next to them.=)

Rats, I've completely run out of POS demilled saturday night specials. I've made quite a few bucks off of these liberal dog and pony shows. I once sold a demilled cut in half RG revolver and then went back through the line later with the second half of it and got paid again.

:s0112::cool::s0112: too cool

Libtards are so easy to cozen

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews