JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
this POS lives under the protection of the freedom of religion and then craps all of the 2nd, your church would not exist without the 2nd ,
no kidding. when i hear stuff like this it sets a perfect example atleast to me as to why i stopped attending church. when people that are full of crap(not dogging anyones faith AT ALL but if you would like to know why i stopped attending you may PM me) do stuff like this it really irks me. for someone who "doesn't judge" and is to "love others" it sure sounds like he has something against those who actually would have enjoyed that rifle. maybe someone who didnt have a gun could have won it and now can protect themselves. sheesh.

By the way, thank you for posting that clip. I have often thought of exactly that line from the movie and pondered it's implications.

You know that is my favorite line from the movie, my second is "I say we drink the wine, eat the dogs, and use the paper for musket wading".

Ray

Glory Hallelujah, Yes, I have a black rifle to give to ya!
Pity about 50 people couldn't OC in that church this coming Sunday. I'd like to think a few folks will decide not to go there again. But that's probably wishful thinking.
Brutus Out

I really don't get the hate here? Its his property, he won it and he can do whatever he wants with it. I am sure no one here wants anyone telling what they can or cannot do with their own property. So why care what this pastor does with his? Their is nothing shocking about his choice, some people hate guns, we all know that. And at least he took the high road, he bought tickets and helped the team achieve their goal instead of bad mouthing the process or the people involved. The gun isn't rare, it isn't special, its just a thing. I couldn't care less what he does with it, it's his. I am not going to bad mouth someone for doing something with their persoanl property, which has no negative affect on others.

I really don't get the hate here? Its his property, he won it and he can do whatever he wants with it. I am sure no one here wants anyone telling what they can or cannot do with their own property. So why care what this pastor does with his? Their is nothing shocking about his choice, some people hate guns, we all know that. And at least he took the high road, he bought tickets and helped the team achieve their goal instead of bad mouthing the process or the people involved. The gun isn't rare, it isn't special, its just a thing. I couldn't care less what he does with it, it's his. I am not going to bad mouth someone for doing something with their persoanl property, which has no negative affect on others.

I think that most are upset that he used the money, that the parishioners had given to the church, to further his personal anti-gun agenda.

Ray

The money was never his property, so the rifle isn't either.

I never told him what to do with it. I just think he's an idiot. I don't recall reading any other post telling him what to do with it either.

I'm not clear on who's money he spent. Was it the church's or his own money? Not all preachers are poor. Just look at Al Sharpton or John Baker.

It's clear if you read the article: "Instead, using $3,000 in discretionary funds from his church, Lucas made it his mission to win the raffle."

this POS lives under the protection of the freedom of religion and then craps all of the 2nd, your church would not exist without the 2nd ,

Well look... it wasn't a very bright thing to do, sure but... whatever happened to "I may not agree with your ideas but I'll defend to the death your right to express them". Are you suggesting that a given article from the original bill of rights has more or less intrinsic value than any other?

*edit*
He should just give it to me. You know... for Jesus's sake or something.

Last Edited:
Personally I could careless what this guy does with his own property. What I don't like is that its being talked about. The less his actions are known the less effect it can have on how we treat our firearms. or how others think we should be treating our firearms.

I mean if I paid $3000.00 for a Jeep and went out and rolled it a 1/2 dozen times down some embankment and totaled it the first time I drove it would any of you really care?

The firearm is as we have said many many times an inanimate object. He just paid about $2200.00 to much for it. What he does with it is up to him.

Personally I could careless what this guy does with his own property. What I don't like is that its being talked about. The less his actions are known the less effect it can have on how we treat our firearms. or how others think we should be treating our firearms.

I mean if I paid $3000.00 for a Jeep and went out and rolled it a 1/2 dozen times down some embankment and totaled it the first time I drove it would any of you really care?

The firearm is as we have said many many times an inanimate object. He just paid about $2200.00 to much for it. What he does with it is up to him.
Wrangler or CJ?

And that is exactly the point. He could have done this and satiated his own conscience, but he decided to make this a big media event. At least 2 news stations have done stories on this thing, and it's all going to play into the hands of the anti-gun groups. He wanted publicity, and this is how he got it. He really needs to worry less about the tools of the evil people in this world and worry more about the hearts of the evil people in this world. As we've already seen, it doesn't take guns to kill a LOT of people. I don't think he sees that, which, as a pastor, is rather unfortunate.

Yes, he could do whatever he wants with his discretionary funds but if he is a Christian as he purports to be he could have found far better use of his parishes "discretionary funds." But no, he makes a big deal out of destroying the rifle. If money is the root of all evil why not just burn the cash?
No, he's a media hound pushing an agenda, plain and simple. The winner though is the team! I think they should raffle another AR to go First Class, bankrupt the charlatan.
He just as easily could have donated the cash straight to the team, as well.

Brutus Out

It's not destroying just one gun. Who cares about that?

He's demonizing these type of guns. And possibly all guns. That's the conclusion I get.
And as a man of God. He's using his title and position to sway folks that it's basically immoral to own guns.

Now I can think of a Priest in France that could have used one recently. ;)

And when somebody tries to take away my ability to defend myself. [Make no mistake. This is an attack on AR/gun ownership] Based on some warped beliefs.
And condemns my choice to self defense in doing so? I get my feathers ruffled a little!

Especially when it's some a$$ hat with an imaginary view of what the world really is.

I've been told. God uses good men.
And Evil men use God.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads