JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was wondering what this Azz was doing with the rifle after he took possession of said offensive tool! Glad to hear he is getting Just Deserts for his dumbazz motivations! Hang him high,make an example of him!

As much as it would be nice to see this happen, it would only be a misdemeanor as a first offence. And as an anti-gun advocate, there is ZERO chance of him being held accountable under the law. The law is for us, not them.
Damn, I think your right, He will probably get off scott free with nothing more the a slap on the pee pee, while the rest of us gets the book thrown at us!

As much as it would be nice to see this happen, it would only be a misdemeanor as a first offence. And as an anti-gun advocate, there is ZERO chance of him being held accountable under the law. The law is for us, not them.

While I agree with your sentiment regarding who the law is for.......his second violation would be re-taking possession of the firearm

I just wanna see him squirm having to explain the how and why a simple honest benevolent man of faith ran afoul of the very laws he espouses to all, I bet if properly handled, this might serve as a reminder to the anti's and fence sitting crowd that the laws affect ALL who live under them!

While I agree with your sentiment regarding who the law is for.......his second violation would be re-taking possession of the firearm

Yahtzee! (Hopefully)

Whats funny is that there is a "'responsible gun owner' who offered to keep the rifle locked up in a gun safe until the pastor is ready to destroy it." Oh, how sweet of Judas to find "a good man [who] will obtain favor from the LORD". Or maybe this "responsible gun owner" might take the hit for transferring the EBR back to the pastor and/or artist.

So, it's obvious that those of you with EBR's are not "responsible gun owners" and in the eye's of the LORD, "you [are] hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness." :rolleyes:

But as @etrain16 stated, "[this] grumbler, malcontent, following [his] own sinful desires; [he is a] loud-mouthed [boaster], showing favoritism to gain advantage." will get preferential treatment (as do all anti's in OR and WA) and get off scot-free because of "these who cause divisions, worldly people, devoid of the Spirit."

Ray

I hope folks won't make me out as bad for this, but I truly believe the pastor has the right to do whatever he likes with his gun. I'm not a veteran, but I have seen many Vets say that they fought for this man's right to steal the flock's $3 grand and buy enough tickets to win and then destroy the gun. I will also hope the flock kicks his worthless but
to the curb for wasting the $2,400 instead of just buying a cheaper model to destroy

Fundamentally, I don't give a rats Behind what he does with the thing, Doesn't bother me one bit if he wants to melt it down! It's all the other things he is/has done that bother me, and many others! That IS the problem, he has crossed a very personal line with many folks, and he should be held just as accountable as any one of us for breaking the LAW, a law he supports above the more important laws he should be supporting, the laws that are the very foundation of his, and many others faith!

You can bet your sweet ankle that if someone broke into this malcontent's house, raped his wife and/or killed his family, his tune may be significantly altered. The money he used to foster his own personal "convictions" wasn't his (misappropriation of church funds), unlawfully transferring the firearm (on two separate occasions) constitutes three separate criminal counts. (Two misdemeanors and one felony).

Were I the District Attorney, I would have a "field day" with this arrogant stooge!

I don't think most of us have a problem with him having the right to do whatever he wants with it. But he wanted to politicize and get attention for doing so. So he should get reamed over it because he chose that path and did not follow the law while trying to make his point.

I hope folks won't make me out as bad for this, but I truly believe the pastor has the right to do whatever he likes with his gun. I'm not a veteran, but I have seen many Vets say that they fought for this man's right to steal the flock's $3 grand and buy enough tickets to win and then destroy the gun. I will also hope the flock kicks his worthless but
to the curb for wasting the $2,400 instead of just buying a cheaper model to destroy

I agree, what he (or the congregation) choose to do with their money is entirely up to them. Waste it, throw it away, it's not really the issue. The issue for me is he did this to make a clear political statement - he went to the media to make a point - and his actions are further serving to harm our rights in this state. He crossed a line he shouldn't have crossed, and so I hope he does get some heat from the law as a result. Next time, he can keep his personal convictions out of the damn media spotlight.

I for one would like to thank him and the sheeple of his congregation for supporting the firearm industry. Another AR sold, and another will be put on the shelf to replace it. And they're not hoarding ammo. ;)

If the people with money to waste on trying to stop free people from having guns wanted to really hurt the gun manufactures, they should start making and selling ARs at below cost, to put the gun companies at a financial disadvantage, right? Sell Righteous Brand ARs at $200 to keep me from giving my money to evil companies like Smith & Wesson.

Mencken had the perfect quote for this situation:
"Here (in America) the daily panorama of human existence, of private and communal folly, the unending procession of governmental extortions and chicaneries, of commercial brigandages and throat slittings, of theological buffoneeries, of aesthetic ribaldries, of legal swindles and harlotries, of miscellaneous rogueries, villainies, imbecilities, grotesqueries, and extravagances is so inordinately gross and preposterous, so perfectly brought up to the highest conceivable amperage, so steadily enriched with an almost fabulous daring and originality, that only a person born with a petrified diaphragm can fail to laugh himself to sleep every night and wake up with all the eager, unflagging expectation of a Sunday-School superintendent touring the Paris peep-shows."

I think a good interview question would be "Did you read this law carefully before voting for it? If so, why did you break the law? If not, why did you vote for it?"

The problem with that question is that the public never had a chance to vote for SB941. Brownie shoved it through as an "emergency measure."

Did they also buy a gun safe to safely store it in the parishioners home, or did the parishioner already have a gun safe?
If he already had one, why is the parishioner attending that church?

Did they also buy a gun safe to safely store it in the parishioners home, or did the parishioner already have a gun safe?
If he already had one, why is the parishioner attending that church?

There are many gun owners that feel wood and blue steel hunting rifles are acceptable, but modern sporting and other "military" rifles are not. There is natural ignorance in that every firearm type that is in existence was once the current military arm of the day. To them a "scary" looking rifle in a varmint round is more dangerous than a bolt action with a hunting round.

What they don't realize is that "sniper" rifles like your basic bolt action in a 308 with a 3x9 scope, probably the most common hunting rig we use, will be next on the list. It will never stop until we are completely disarmed and thus capable of subjugation.

It sure would be nice if Hollywood would crank out a few movies based on any of the popular novels like Matthew Bracken's "Enemies, Foreign and Domestic". People need to see the potential for Government abuse of a disarmed public.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top