JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What a waste...

When Jeremy Lucas, a reverend at the Christ Church Episcopal Parish in Lake Oswego, won an AR-15 rifle in a local raffle he was overjoyed.

Not because he had any plans for hunting or target practice, but because, even though he had spent roughly $3,000 on raffle tickets, he planned to destroy the gun.

Portland reverend wins AR-15 in raffle, can't wait to destroy it (http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2016/07/portland_reverend_wins_ar-15_i.html)

Another phony gesture that will:

* Not stop any violence
* Not change any minds one way or the other
* Not take any weapons off the street (many more will be made/sold)
* Wasted resources that could have been given to the poor/needy
* Wasted resources on 1 gun that could have actually bought 5-6 guns to make a bolder statement, therefore poor stewardship of their funds
* Possibly backfire causing folks like us to buy more guns just to spite them

I wonder if he knows how to transfer it to his "artist" for its transformation. Or will he wind up breaking a law that he probably voted for, but doesn't understand?

I love that phrase "off the street" like he's a policeman taking a gun from a gangbanger. :rolleyes:

I think that he must have flunked remedial math in elementary school.

For that much money, he could have bought THREE AR-15 rifles, and then destroyed all 3 of them.

This way, he is only taking one rifle out of circulation.

I guess that one does not need to have good math skills in order to study the Bible.

If he wanted to get guns off the street he should have gone out and spent the 3K on the guns that ARE on the street so to speak...head over to NE and hook up with the bros for some gats...and the destroyed those.

No, he's just a bubblegumming liberal who picks and chooses which part of the Bible he supports vs. all of it. And how many homeless could he have fed? This is grandstanding of the worse sort but I could make a guess about his neighborhood and his "preferences" but I won't. If he took it from parishioners tithes those are to be sowed in to the Kingdom and pretty sure destroying a $3,000 AR is not that. How many lowers could he have bought and destroyed if he really wanted the biggest bang for his buck? But then lowers don't LOOK evil.

He might want some marksmanship training and hang on to that after recent events.

Brutus Out

I hope his congregation sees how he is spending their money.. That aggravates me more then wasting a rifle.

He's no dummy, he's spinning it saying it was his way to get the girls softball team the money they needed and to take that evil baby and puppy/kitten killing machine off the streets: double whammy, can I get an amen?

that wouldn't have gotten me to the second goal of getting the girls to California.

On a side note, I wish we had this kind of clergy still (go to 3:38 in the clip)

Ray

PS. I wonder if he can pass a BCG.

Last Edited:
Just another dummy that mocks the very rights that give him the avenue to act the way he does. But if you think he's foolish, what about all the sheep who follow him? Scary.

On a side note, I wish we had this kind of clergy still (go to 3:38 in the clip)

Believe me, they do exist. Some of them might even be moderators on firearms forums.

By the way, thank you for posting that clip. I have often thought of exactly that line from the movie and pondered it's implications.

What a waste indeed. I should go to his church and write up a prayer request asking for his rifle.

That's a great idea. A person of the congregation should go up to him and say "you know reverend, I prayed last night asking the Lord to protect my family and he said that you had that means; a defensive rifle, that he had given you by means of a raffle. Amen, my prayers have been answered, thank you reverend."

Ray

Believe me, they do exist. Some of them might even be moderators on firearms forums.

By the way, thank you for posting that clip. I have often thought of exactly that line from the movie and pondered it's implications.

You are right, we used to have one on this very forum, but it seems he has gone elsewhere and no longer posts here.

Ray

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads