JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Could hunting mishap end Portland top cop's career?

Today's Seattle Times finally picked up on a story that has been unfolding for days in the Portland Oregonian about that city's police chief who has been placed on administrative leave while an investigation is being conducted about an incident last month in which he apparently shot a hunting companion.

<broken link removed>

HEY . . . Coppers are allowed to shoot innocent civilians in Eastern Oregon. Remember the incident from a couple of months ago??
The Chief just didn't have time to get everyone's story on the same page.

Sheldon

...And unfortunately, the anti-gun media has another chance to keep "The Dangers of Owning Firearms" in the, so called, "News"!

Actually, it gives the anti-gun media another chance to have their noses rubbed in their idea that LEO's are the "only ones" who should have guns (ya know, because of the superior training and all...).:rolleyes:

Thirtycal

Actually, it gives the anti-gun media another chance to have their noses rubbed in their idea that LEO's are the "only ones" who should have guns (ya know, because of the superior training and all...).:rolleyes:

Thirtycal

That's a side I didn't think of....In my mind I guess I see "Chief" as a more administrative type position, and not one a trained beat cop holds. I guess the position of chief must come up from the rank and file though?

Portland is hard on its cops, not to mention it's top cops. These people are a creation of there surroundings, and they fall hard and fast when they step over the line! It's one of the toughest jobs, made worse by a biased media and a citizenry made up mostly of libturds from Kalifornicatia! It's a rare bread of cop who can hold him/her self above the line and do there job the best they can with out putting a foot wrong! From what I see, the Chief did every thing correctly until it came time to tell it to the public, that's where he went wrong, and like posted earlier, he was prolly scared as hell to come forward with this! In his defense, He did do right and he probably felt ( while acting on bad advice from people he trusted) he didn't need to bring this to the public for scrutiny!

Ura
Are you saying you need someone to advise you to tell the truth??? Give me a break. You have come under the spell of the democrat mindset . . . Actually that should be "mindless-set!"

Sheldon

Portland is hard on its cops, not to mention it's top cops. These people are a creation of there surroundings, and they fall hard and fast when they step over the line! It's one of the toughest jobs, made worse by a biased media and a citizenry made up mostly of libturds from Kalifornicatia! It's a rare bread of cop who can hold him/her self above the line and do there job the best they can with out putting a foot wrong! From what I see, the Chief did every thing correctly until it came time to tell it to the public, that's where he went wrong, and like posted earlier, he was prolly scared as hell to come forward with this! In his defense, He did do right and he probably felt ( while acting on bad advice from people he trusted) he didn't need to bring this to the public for scrutiny!

Last article I read said he LIED to responding deputies and said the guy shot himself.

I think it all went downhill when he shot the guy while drinking, then didn't mention he was a cop to the local police when the medical chopper airlifted his buddy and furthermore he forgot to mention anything about it to his boss when he returned to work.

Then you add in Sheriff David Ward, as inept a cop as ever was who screws up and falsely reports the Guy shot himself, then asks the OSP for help in the investigation............ A bad deal made worse for all.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top