JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Portland goes through chiefs just like any other city that caters to the liberal, ignorant, hands up don't think crowd.

They think they are babysitting and should just so whatever the law UNabiding thinks because their feelings should matter.

As for this chief it should be the end of his law enforcement career.
1. He lied to police, crime.
2. He mixed guns and alcohol, incredibly stupid.
3. He's an idiot. But I guess that falls in line with the rest of portland/oregon politicians.

I'm surprised nobody in this liberal oasis has blamed the gun and tried to protest to free the chief.
Probably because he's a cop and the protest crowd hates cops

Sorry, What part of of my post are you referring to? The part where he did every thing right up until it came time to go public, and that's where he went wrong? Following ill advice?

He LIED TO THE RESPONDING OFFICER... how's that doing "everything right?" That's doing it all wrong, right from the get go.

I have had 3 negligent discharges, years apart, in my life. It is something that you never forget.

1. Never trust that a gun is unloaded when handed to you, never
2. Make sure that you understand the operation of all firearms, always
3. Don't mix alcohol and firearms, never, ever
Jerry. Sounds like you were a real hoot at hunting camp.

Ok finally some administrative action. Sorry guys, he's not just a cop, but he's the top cop of the city. He needs to be held to the highest standard. The problem isn't that he ND'd his buddy. The problem is he tried to cover it up. Sorry, but you can't do that - and for that, he should be relieved of duty:

<broken link removed>

-Thirtycal

Pretty sure hospitals are required by law to report gun shot wounds to the police. Kinda hard to hide that no matter who you are.

"Portland Police Chief was NOT DRUNK when he shot his lifelong friend and then lied about it. Does that make it better or worse?"

Portland police chief retires after he's caught lying about friend's 'self-inflicted's shooting (http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/portland-police-chief-retires-after-hes-caught-lying-about-friends-self-inflicteds-shooting)

" O'Dea served as chief for a year and a half after rising steadily through the ranks. Hales appointed him to lead the bureau starting in January 2015 after Reese retired. O'Dea joined the Portland force on Sept. 4, 1986.

O'Dea made $192,504 a year in the top job. His annual pension would be about 82 percent of that, or about $160,000, depending on the percentage he chooses for survivor benefits.

It's not clear if the mayor or the city has made any other severance agreement with O'Dea."

I think we should get a refund.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top