JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Our officers are encountering an increasing number of weapons on and near campus and they are receiving limited assistance from the Portland Police Bureau due to increased demands for officers across the city. These factors have necessitated a change in practice on the part of campus police officers: In order to protect our campus, our nine sworn officers are having to go on most patrols carrying arms."

So I'm a little confused here...
"Recently our officers encountered individuals on campus with weapons," Halliburton said. "This has made me make the hard decision to have more armed patrols on campus."
Ok - so the 'Police Chief' rearmed the school's nine patrol officers yet it was a 'hard decision'? So is he reluctant to have armed officers? I assume then he believes in some sort of unarmed public service support ? Why is he even a 'police Chief' then?

So I'm a little confused here...

Ok - so the 'Police Chief' rearmed the school's nine patrol officers yet it was a 'hard decision'? So is he reluctant to have armed officers? I assume then he believes in some sort of unarmed public service support ? Why is he even a 'police Chief' then?
He is a politician before he is a Cop. So he has to play to what the voters there want or he will be out of a job.

"In order to protect our campus, our nine sworn officers are having to go on most patrols carrying arms."

And I'm going to assume that some, if not all, those patrols will be done in vehicles and said vehicles will likely have an AR-15 in the trunk thus defining an AR-15 as an "arm". Whoops! Thanks PSU police chief!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top