JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most micro compacts I've found I just can't enjoy for a full day at the range, being all the rage for CCW's at the moment - Glock 43/X, Sig P365, Hellcat/Hellcat Pro, Etc.

On the flip side for micros, the S&W Shield Plus was the best by far. Actually planning on making it my next 9mm purchase :s0155:

I didn't like the S&W M&P 9. It was with the 1st gen trigger, but being a newer shooter that didn't put me off. Really, the polymer just felt cheap and like if pushed hard might break, unlike my Springfield xd polymer 9, or the Glocks I now shoot. I have an all metal CZ 75 now, that has a fantastic trigger, but I'd take my G17 to the end of the world.

I'm not a huge fan of the Ruger Mk series, either. They look and feel cool but perform, meh.

About the G17, I admit it's ugly, but it fits my hand great, and in three years of owning it and at least 600 rounds it has never once not gone bang, I'm also going to toss a shout out to the G26, and I have giant 6'5" dude hands. With a tiny pinkie extension on it is still a pretty small pistol, but it shoots as well as a full sized pistol. Sure there are now smaller concealed carry options, but not ones that can use the same magazines as my full-size pistol or pccs.

Last Edited:
HK USP Tactical in 45 ACP
FN Hi Power 9mm
Loved them both, couldn't shoot them fer shít.
My USP in .45ACP was on order when the ban came, so i never got to shoot it.

The FN Hi-Power was not only my sidearm for 31 years, but I owned my own for 27 of 'em. Having begun shooting at age six, and that was with my dad's M1911 - albeit with his hands wrapped round mine, I was pretty slick with the Browning, and on joining the Army in '67, proceeded to get VERY good with it. I bought my own in 1968. Over the years I was either part of a winning team, or an individual shooter - these days I guess I would have been on a par with most state-level three-gunners as far as pistol was concerned. I could empty and reload my pistol at least three times faster than the guy standing beside could do it, and still wipe the floor with him every time. This happened so often that I was banned from individual comps for the entire four years we spent in Rheindahlen, but permitted to shoot as a team member in timed practice events. My ten empties - five on each target - were hitting the ground before the other team members had finished their first five.

My greatest 'win' was against an imported and well-respected UK-based RAF shooter - a good friend as it happened. He shot a 297x360 for the complete comp. That was pretty good.

My score was disallowed because my targets were incapable of being verified. Each of my three targets showed a raggedy hole about three inches across with 36 shots through it.

Walther PPK. Really wanted to like it. Hurt the web of the hand to shoot but on the plus side, you got to practice plenty of malfunction drills.
my west German one in the 7.65 caliber is fantastic. Never had a malfunction and is a joy to shoot. I think they got it right the first time.

I have heard of the problems more with the .380 and the .22lr versions

Had a S&W 3914 that would jam occasionally, so I sold it. Seemed like a nice pistol except for the jamming. Had a friend that had one and never heard him complain, so maybe just a fluke with mine.

Might be an interesting read while bored at work.

I tried a Sig 938, micro "1911" and couldn't stand it. Too small to grip without dragging on the slide or getting pinched bt the ambi safety. Other than its good looks i don't know why anyone would choose it over a p365, Glock 43x or hellcat.

Im going to get some hate for the second gun, CZ Shadow 2. While it shot fine and it was accurate the thing is a heavy hunk of steel. I actually shoot my 686 better than the Shadow 2 and it weighs less. Just didn't live up to the hype for me especially given its price tag.
I have long skinny fingers so the 938 was pretty comfortable to shoot with the pinky extension mags. Traded it for a 238 to improve accuracy by leaps and bounds.

+1 for the HK USP Tactical .45

I owned one for many years, tried and wanted to like it but never really did, magazines too expensive, and HK hates civilians so F'em. Sold it and never looked back.

I didn't want to like ARs, and I do not like looking at them, but I do like shooting them.

I thought I should like shooting Glocks but I do not. Until a buddy handed me his 43x, and that feels fine.

I was so disappointed when I handled my first AK, it was like holding a 2x4 board with a 1x2 handle. I can find no use for them.

I didn't want to like ARs, and I do not like looking at them, but I do like shooting them.

I thought I should like shooting Glocks but I do not. Until a buddy handed me his 43x, and that feels fine.

I was so disappointed when I handled my first AK, it was like holding a 2x4 board with a 1x2 handle. I can find no use for them.
Nyet, rifle is fine

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads