JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
VP9. Couldn't learn to love it, even though I really like the P30.

Remington 870. I borrowed one on a turkey hunt years ago and the cross bolt safety cost me the bird. I'm used to, and only accept, tang safeties now.

Beretta 92, it's a very reliable and accurate gun but too heavy for a wimpy 9mm. Also, anything Glock, grip angle is too extreme, again, very accurate and reliable but hate shooting them. There are too many guns out there to not have what fits YOUR needs. Some people buy into hype and get stuck on what their peers say and feel they need to defend what they've bought. As an example, ask anyone with a diesel truck what they think about the competitors brand. Very strong opinions will ensue even if they've never owned one. Only base on what they hear.

OK, considering how often I've bragged on owning an Original Colt Python, I got to say, as much as I like the IDEA of the O.C.P., in actual FACT I've never really liked toting or shooting it that much. To see it is to love it, BUT it's overly heavy, front-heavy, and the original grips are just all wrong for my hands... plus they seem to go out of time faster than certain other .357's and are 'spensive to have worked on. Plus, it's worth too much to actually carry and shoot...:eek:
So mine resides in the safe and other revolvers are carried and shot in it's place...K and N frame Smiths and a Redhawk...
Still, ya know, in spite of all that, I bought it new @1978... and I can't help but consider getting one of the new stainless, improved Pythons, just cuz...:s0136:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads