JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why is there not more people running Steyr bolt action rifles for a off the shelf rifle they are outstanding and not a cookie cutter rifle. Does anyone have opinions or experience with them ? I know there are not a ton of upgrades but from the latest purchase I don't see anything that needs to be changed . I hardly see any for sale kind of an anomaly on this sight and most reviews are from Euro forums enlighten me .

My recoolection is that replacing a Steyr barrel needs some giant special press that US gunsmiths don't have, you would have to send the rifle to Europe, and at that point you might as well buy another rifle. Or so ething like that. So that will be a disincentive for some.

My recoolection is that replacing a Steyr barrel needs some giant special press that US gunsmiths don't have, you would have to send the rifle to Europe, and at that point you might as well buy another rifle. Or so ething like that. So that will be a disincentive for some.
A lot of the Steyr Scout guys that replace their barrels have the receiver threaded.

Had a Steyr pro hunter in .243 win that was a great shooter, but i'm left handed and wanted a left hand rifle, I'm still very tempted to buy a pro hunter HTB with a 16" barrel in .308 to run suppressed.

I have shot and enjoyed a Steyr "Small Bore Carbine " circa 1960.
This was a really neat full stocked , double set trigger , .22LR carbine.
It handled and shot beautifully.

Compared to my favorite firearms it is pretty modern...as for what most folks shoot...not so much.... :D
I would love to have one.....but they are few and far between....and out of my budget in any case.
Andy

I have shot and enjoyed a Steyr "Small Bore Carbine " circa 1960.
This was a really neat full stocked , double set trigger , .22LR carbine.
It handled and shot beautifully.

Compared to my favorite firearms it is pretty modern...as for what most folks shoot...not so much.... :D
I would love to have one.....but they are few and far between....and out of my budget in any case.
Andy
I had mine adjusted so low all it took was a bump on the side needless to say I adjusted it !

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top