JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No one is forcing anyone to wait it out. Theyre screwing themselves if they do. 30 years of NFA ownership . I never thought I'd see people bubblegum about free stamps.

File early, file often.
On Reddit it is very unpopular to consider getting a free SBR stamp, whether you wanted one before the brace ruling or not.

As a side note, it seems to me that if you want an AR SBR, you could just send in the form/photo for one lower and once approved put whatever SBR upper and stock you want on that one lower as you see fit.

On Reddit it is very unpopular to consider getting a free SBR stamp, whether you wanted one before the brace ruling or not.

As a side note, it seems to me that if you want an AR SBR, you could just send in the form/photo for one lower and once approved put whatever SBR upper and stock you want on that one lower as you see fit.
Yeah, and all those reddit guys are filing right now.

And yes, thats what everyone is doing.

There are "protections" from self incrimination when you are complying with federal law, but that is also predicated that the protective law will be obeyed and does that protection actually extended to compliance with an agency "rule" vs. "federal law" compliance(??) Prudent questioning remains.

I fully agree with you though. Any information deserves due consideration and investigation... vs... foolishly/blindly complying with the alphabets narrative, "Trust us". ;)
Yes. The case that is most referenced in regards to these laws is someone that applied for a tax stamp for a NFA item and the person was found to be a prohibited person from owning that item. The prosecution could not use any info on the ATF form he filled out and could not use any evidence gathered because of that form. So he got off without prosecution because there was no usable evidence against him.

Yes. The case that is most referenced in regards to these laws is someone that applied for a tax stamp for a NFA item and the person was found to be a prohibited person from owning that item. The prosecution could not use any info on the ATF form he filled out and could not use any evidence gathered because of that form. So he got off without prosecution because there was no usable evidence against him.
Haynes v US.

One of the underpinnings of the 68 MG amnesty

I understand the distrust. Especially people who are new to the NFA process and large bureaucracies.
As wrong/unconstitutional as all this is I think you hit the nail on the head. The majority of people who are super angry/frustrated are the ones who have never gone through the process.

From the outside looking in it's very overwhelming if you've never done it. Add on the conspiracy, distrust, fear mongering, and all YouTube nonsense and you get a majority who are in muddy waters. I really feel for the gun owners who are naive and don't follow what's going on and what consequences may be (huge population in America). Something that was sold as legal is now all of a sudden isn't and there is a large group of people who will have no idea.

Being negligent/naive/unaware isn't a good defense either.

As wrong/unconstitutional as all this is I think you hit the nail on the head. The majority of people who are super angry/frustrated are the ones who have never gone through the process.

From the outside looking in it's very overwhelming if you've never done it. Add on the conspiracy, distrust, fear mongering, and all YouTube nonsense and you get a majority who are in muddy waters. I really feel for the gun owners who are naive and don't follow what's going on and what consequences may be (huge population in America). Something that was sold as legal is now all of a sudden isn't and there is a large group of people who will have no idea.

Being negligent/naive/unaware isn't a good defense either.
That plus the fact that some states don't allow SBRs so people with the item now considered an SBR are basically hosed. They can't file for something that is illegal in their state. Then there's AWB states... still trying to figure out what would happen to SBR Form 1s if the "emergency" AWB goes into effect between filing and ATF approval.

@JedB That NOT it, in Oregon... but it doesn't matter now anyway. If it wasn't in your trust before, it's too late to add it now since the deadline already expired. (as of today)
Not posted in the federal register yet.

You can put it in in Oregon. You can try it anyway. They can turn you down...or not.

Some are saying to go the regular form 1 route and pay the $200 instead of using the free stamp forbearance option. I don't understand how paying for the stamp somehow is better for "keeping you off the radar" or is somehow a more honorable option. What am I missing?

Some are saying to go the regular form 1 route and pay the $200 instead of using the free stamp forbearance option. I don't understand how paying for the stamp somehow is better for "keeping you off the radar" or is somehow a more honorable option. What am I missing?
People like to be difficult to themselves. Maybe its the use of the term "forbearance" thats causing them angst? The feel they dont need amnesty because they didn't do anything wrong and they have a very limited understanding of the term. They think theyre going to be prosecuted for filing a form they have been instructed to file. Theyve watched too many Youtube videos. F' I dont know.

Last Edited:
There's talk that the free stamp forbearance will bite people in the butt and result in massive arrests/enforcement actions (if lawsuits don't get to enjoin the enforcement); and that you'd be required to provide them with a photo of the pistol with brace on as proof, and that you're basically "admitting" that you already have an "unregistered SBR" (5th Amendment possible voluntarily waived even with 26 USC 5848 providing the legal protection)... whereas doing the standard $200 Form 1 is telling them you don't "have a pistol braced firearm" but are "planning to make a SBR" :rolleyes:

There's talk that the free stamp forbearance will bite people in the butt and result in massive arrests/enforcement actions (if lawsuits don't get to enjoin the enforcement); and that you'd be required to provide them with a photo of the pistol with brace on as proof, and that you're basically "admitting" that you already have an "unregistered SBR" (5th Amendment possible voluntarily waived even with 26 USC 5848 providing the legal protection)... whereas doing the standard $200 Form 1 is telling them you don't "have a pistol braced firearm" but are "planning to make a SBR" :rolleyes:
Well, the forbearance term took a little bit of mental gymnastics to figure out. The rest is barred by law.

That darn federal register just lying again I guess. :s0140:

What can I say? I believe the actual register more than I do the tentatively planned dates in the announcements. Go figure!!
Haha. Do you really want me to do a screenshot of that page?OK, reading comprehension time.

zero.jpg

It actually posts tomorrow

Here...

haha.jpg

Last Edited:
So, just assign the firearm with the brace to the schedule A of property in the NFA Trust?
That simple?
That's my understanding unless I can verify what WA Gun Law guy said (he basically said you can't put title 1 firearms into a trust due to bgc requires a person on form 4473, not a corp or trust). Seems to be a grey area. Discussion on that here:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews