JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Injunction pending appeal "to the plaintiffs in this case" - FPC seeking clarification from the Court as to who is covered.

1684861475572.png

I'm a member of FPC and have been for years, so I am covered. I would recommend to those that are unsure of who it covers to join FPC - I think it was $35 last time.

It is a great organization to contribute donations. I have already donated over $200 (the ATF tax for sbrs), just for fighting the brace rule, and much more for fighting other infringements.

I'm a member of FPC and have been for years, so I am covered. I would recommend to those that are unsure of who it covers to join FPC - I think it was $35 last time.

It is a great organization to contribute donations. I have already donated over $200 (the ATF tax for sbrs), just for fighting the brace rule, and much more for fighting other infringements.
The fact that they got an injunction granted is enough for me to donate anyway. Results garner results.

Has the court said that FPC members are covered? The ruling only says plaintiffs, of which FPC, a nonprofit org, is one. I would guess that if FPC members are included it woudl only be in the fifth circuit, but just a guess. Hard to say until the court clarifies.

Has the court said that FPC members are covered? The ruling only says plaintiffs, of which FPC, a nonprofit org, is one. I would guess that if FPC members are included it woudl only be in the fifth circuit, but just a guess. Hard to say until the court clarifies.
Also, would it cover members who joined after the injunction? It seems reasonable to me, but law is not my area of expertise.

I bailed when he made a big deal about the ATF guy using the term "longer, rifled barrel", saying they meant "rifle barrel". Seems to me they meant rifled rather than smooth, as they are important distinctions in defining the type of weapon per the NFA. If you're going to call people idiots, it's important not to say stupid things while you do so.

Here is part of the email that I got from FPC:

"We have a breaking news update for all gun owners who wish to know if being a member of FPC protects them under the pistol brace injunction issued yesterday.
The Judge in FPC's case Mock v. Garland has set a date for the response to our Motion for Clarification on June 2nd, 2023."
"In plain English, as of right now, gun owners simply cannot know with certainty whether they are protected until AFTER the May 31st enforcement date."
"We're urging all gun owners to be proactive and take action immediately by joining the FPC Grassroots Army."

In other words, FPC is currently under the impression that if you are a member, you are covered under the injunction. Take this with a grain of salt until the Judge makes it clearer - AFTER THE FREE PASS HAS EXPIRED.

Here is part of the email that I got from FPC:

"We have a breaking news update for all gun owners who wish to know if being a member of FPC protects them under the pistol brace injunction issued yesterday.
The Judge in FPC's case Mock v. Garland has set a date for the response to our Motion for Clarification on June 2nd, 2023."
"In plain English, as of right now, gun owners simply cannot know with certainty whether they are protected until AFTER the May 31st enforcement date."
"We're urging all gun owners to be proactive and take action immediately by joining the FPC Grassroots Army."

In other words, FPC is currently under the impression that if you are a member, you are covered under the injunction. Take this with a grain of salt until the Judge makes it clearer - AFTER THE FREE PASS HAS EXPIRED.
Just because someone has to mention it, they stand to make quite a haul on dues if half a million people join this week. I'm not questioning their motives, but the temptation must be enormous.

I'll probably join anyway, if nothing else to thank them for taking up the case and pressing it hard enough to get an injunction. Sounds like they have a real chance of winning.

Well at least this entire fiasco hasn't been a complete cluster from the get go. What an absolute feces show. Meanwhile, actual criminals go about their business as usual while law abiding brace owners flop around to and fro in an attempt to understand WTF is going on. Open lawfare is so tiresome.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top