JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Don't see no amnesty.

The way I read it at first glance, if your brace is mounted to a firearm with less than a 16" barrel, it's considered a SBR and you will have 120 days to register it as such if you want to keep it that way.

-E-

Don't see no amnesty.

The way I read it at first glance, if your brace is mounted to a firearm with less than a 16" barrel, it's considered a SBR and you will have 120 days to register it as such if you want to keep it that way.

-E-
From the ATF chart: (not required to pay the $200 making tax during the 120 day period)

From the ATF chart: (not required to pay the $200 making tax during the 120 day period)
I'm seeing that now in Section V of the final rule.

"Individuals and FFLs that are not Class 1 (Importer) and Class 2 (Manufacturer) SOT holders in possession of firearms equipped with a "stabilizing brace" that are subject to the provisions of the NFA as of the date this rule is published will not be subject to the $200 making tax so long as they timely submit an E-Form 1 by......."

-E-

Which will it be:
Option A: You have 120 days to either register at no cost or destroy your "SBR"
or
Option B: The ATF just overplayed their hand and this and a bunch of other stuff (dare I say the NFA!) gets struck down?

:s0093:

Do the eform1's require pictures? I remember someone mentioning it
They require photos of the submitter (if filing individually) or all responsible persons on a trust, and photos of engravings on the firearm being registered.

My past eForm 1 SBR submissions did not require any photos of the full firearm or any parts besides the serial and manufacturer's markings. I haven't found any information in the new rules that changes that.

They require photos of the submitter (if filing individually) or all responsible persons on a trust, and photos of engravings on the firearm being registered.

My past eForm 1 SBR submissions did not require any photos of the full firearm or any parts besides the serial and manufacturer's markings. I haven't found any information in the new rules that changes that.
If i remember right my last eform1 didn't as well. Well see how this goes but I have an M4a1 clone ive been thinking about SBRing

Don't see no amnesty.

-E-
The 120 day period IS the amnesty period. Stamps are free.

13. IS THERE A LIMIT OF HOW MANY FIREARMS WITH A "STABILIZING BRACE" THAT I CAN REGISTER AS SBRS FOR FREE DURING THE TAX FORBEARANCE PERIOD? • The tax forbearance only pertains to the firearms with an attached "stabilizing brace" in your possession at the time the final rule is published. There is no limit on how many you may register, but owners in possession of these types of SBRs must register within 120-days from the date of publication in the Federal Register.

They require pics now. Just did one last month. Pic required.

The 120 day period IS the amnesty period. Stamps are free.

13. IS THERE A LIMIT OF HOW MANY FIREARMS WITH A "STABILIZING BRACE" THAT I CAN REGISTER AS SBRS FOR FREE DURING THE TAX FORBEARANCE PERIOD? • The tax forbearance only pertains to the firearms with an attached "stabilizing brace" in your possession at the time the final rule is published. There is no limit on how many you may register, but owners in possession of these types of SBRs must register within 120-days from the date of publication in the Federal Register.
Yeah I found it after I posted in Section V(C) Discussion of Tax Forbearance. The Final Rule is 293 pages long.

-E-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads