JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
90 days. You guys slay me.

I assume you aren't talking about the BGC portion. That's nearly always instant.

Not here in Oregon, an "instant" BGC is about 90 days.
I've done a few. They lie. To be fair they don't know at this point. The brace rule is turning all that on its ear

I've done a few. They lie
No one's denying that Oregon or ATF doesn't lie. Just saying that they published an estimated processing time frame and that should temper how long it "should/could" take... and then if Form 1s still past 90 days.. maybe just withdraw/void it and do something else with the lower and get it back to just plain ol pistol? :s0092: edit. For me it's past 45 calendar days but not 40 business days (currently 30 business days at my count)

Edit, they don't say 40 business days or calendar days, but because they aren't open 7 days a week, and are closed on Fed holidays....?

No one's denying that Oregon or ATF doesn't lie. Just saying that they published an estimated processing time frame and that should temper how long it "should/could" take... and then if Form 1s still past 90 days.. maybe just withdraw/void it and do something else with the lower and get it back to just plain ol pistol? :s0092:
Don't do that. One of the zen things you learn in the NFA game is patience. You could be looking at a year. Probably less but that's Where form 4s that they said would be at 90 days too seem to be running at and the form 1 game just got upended.

Related question, noted "properly executed" in their language. Would they inform someone if they didn't "properly execute" their applications and tell them to try again, and reset clock and new fingerprint cards? For whatever reasons that is.

They'll deny it or possibly reach out to you for a change. I've had it both ways. In any case you can refill even if past the 120 days abd they usually expedite those

90 days. You guys slay me.

I assume you aren't talking about the BGC portion. That's nearly always instant.
For mere mortals, the individual steps in the approval process are not transparent. What affects us is the time frame to complete the process. Just curious, when you go off to hob nob with other wizards, do you laugh at the ignorance of us clumsy oafs?

For mere mortals, the individual steps in the approval process are not transparent. What affects us is the time frame to complete the process. Just curious, when you go off to hob nob with other wizards, do you laugh at the ignorance of us clumsy oafs?
The tinfoil hattery is somewhat amusing. You're dealing with the ATF . They're a overburdened underfunded government agency that gets more and more unfunded mandates thrown at them every year. They used to be evil because they were drawn that way. Now they're just underwater.

For mere mortals, the individual steps in the approval process are not transparent. What affects us is the time frame to complete the process.
That's what happens when, even on a casual forum such as this, a person doesn't use precise dictionary definitions for every word posted. Even when 99% of the folks clearly possess the common sense to understand it was in reference to the entire application to approval process.... there's always that one that will point out the errors of your ways and rub your nose in it. 🤣

That's what happens when, even on a casual forum such as this, a person doesn't use precise dictionary definitions for every word posted. Even when 99% of the folks clearly possess the common sense to understand it was in reference to the entire application to approval process.... there's always that one that will point out the errors of your ways and rub your nose in it. 🤣
Soon as I finish loading bullets into my pistols clip I'll be back with something to say about that :)

Also it's not word choice, and the 90 day thing has been covered ad nauseam

They're a overburdened underfunded government agency that gets more and more unfunded mandates thrown at them every year.
Overburdened by their own making by overstepping their mandats and authority.... "underfunded" by poor resource utilization... and... have you been living under a rock and don't see them receiving funding bumps on a yearly basis? Just this year alone "X" millions in funding just to make changes to a couple of forms and a blanket 13% budget increase passed by our legisators.

Cry the blues all you like for your beloved alphabet agency, but let's get real.;)

The issue being more that the ATF put out a very erroneous statement that approvals would be happening in 90 days. With the current situation and a lot of people waiting until the end of the grace period that 90 day window is fiction at this point. It may have been true in the first month . Those days are over. Just making sure he wasn't referring to the BGC period which the 88/90 day thing that was click bait previously and always was hooey.

Also it's not word choice, and the 90 day thing has been covered ad nauseam
90 days for the actual background check issue certainly has. If you happned to read what was actually being posted though was discussing a 90 day timeframe for expected application approvals.

Two different animals.

Overburdened by their own making by overstepping their mandats and authority.... "underfunded" by poor resource utilization... and... have you been living under a rock and don't see them receiving funding bumps on a yearly basis? Just this year alone "X" millions in funding just to make changes to a couple of forms and a blanket 13% budget increase passed by our legisators.

Cry the blues all you like for your beloved alphabet agency, but let's get real.;)
It's really not them instigating it believe it or not. These are orders from on high. They might have received a 13% budget increase but at least on the NFA side their workload was increased exponentially

90 days for the actual background check issue certainly has. If you happned to read what was actually being posted though was discussing a 90 day timeframe for expected application approvals.

Two different animals.
Yes and that's why I was clarifying that he was not referring to the BGC time. The overall timeframe never was real at 90 days. That was the ATFs form 4 goal before they were forced to multiply their workload by 100x

Two different animals.
That may have been what you were talking about, but this is what I replied to

Not here in Oregon, an "instant" BGC is about 90 days.

But maybe he has you blocked and you didn't see that :s0092:

The issue being more that the ATF put out a very erroneous statement that approvals would be happening in 90 days. With the current situation and a lot of people waiting until the end of the grace period that 90 day window is fiction at this point. It may have been true in the first month . Those days are over. Just making sure he wasn't referring to the BGC period which the 88/90 day thing that was click bait previously and always was hooey.
Precisely!

He just said "background check" when everything else he was saying made it clear he was talking about the entire approval process.... but still somehow landed the discussion back onto the actual BGC portion of the process... which is typically instant.

Context!👍

That may have been what you were talking about, but this is what I replied to
If you were not one of the ones replying about actual BGC's in response to the posters discussing the length of the application process timeframes... then logic would dictate.... my comment didn't apply to you and didn't require a response or explaination. ;)

Just sayin....

logic . . .
ah-thats-your-problem-thats-whats-wrong.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR