JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As I said in my first post on this topic, I did not approach with my gun out. But I did take it out and keep it low beside me, in my hand as I knocked on the druggie's window. Why would it be a good idea to have a carry gun, and keep it holstered when approaching this situation? I'm not going to give somebody the opportunity to possibly raise their gun while I try to draw my own. But I also didn't want to be accused of brandishing if this whack job drove off and maybe called the cops himself. So keeping it at ready, but out of sight gave the best advantage, IF I had needed it.
You cant claim you were in fear for your life if you approached the suspect with a gun drawn.

Further, anyone in a vehicle sees someone approaching them with a gun in hand is reasonable to be infear of their life...

Your turning the tables against yourself here, be glad nothing happened.

Last Edited:
If the consensus is you should have a carry gun, and legal carry permit, but you should never carry it, or only carry it holstered when a situation might require it, then why have a carry permit, or a carry gun? Might as well just stay inside and hope somebody else takes care of problems for you. And don't bother ever going anywhere with your legal carry gun because if you ever have to use it you may end up in court being charged with an offense, or at the least in civil court paying an attorney to defend you.
I prefer the approach of being the most agreeable SOB out there while carrying and not looking for trouble where I may have to use it. In fact, I avoid trouble areas as much as possible. Which at this point in my life, is pretty easy to do.

I had a guy park right across the street from our house every few days over two weeks, as I watched him light up a glass bowl of drugs in his van.

I took my pistol out of my holster and kept it low where he couldn't see it. I banged hard on his door glass, and he about crapped his pants when he looked out and saw someone there.
Also, I hate to break it to you, but what he's doing is perfectly legal in Oregon. You on the other hand.....

Also, I hate to break it to you, but what he's doing is perfectly legal in Oregon. You on the other hand.....
Even if it was illegal, smoking crack isnt a life threatening thing to someone else.

But walking up and violently banging on his windown with a gun in hand can easily be considered assault or life threatening.

Even if it was illegal, smoking crack isnt a life threatening thing to someone else.

But walking up and violently banging on his windown with a gun in hand can easily be considered assault or life threatening.
"Ladies and gentleman of the jury, on the fateful afternoon of xx/xx/xx, @mm93, a vigilante, approached crackhead with his gun out, hell-bent on murdering crackhead. The deceased, was a son, a husband, and a father, has now left behind a .45" hole. Was crackhead perfect? No, but who is? The crackhead family is now forever changed because @mm93 decided to take the law into his own hands. @mm93 would have you believe that he felt threatened, but the reality is that he felt that crackhead should die that day. On these grounds, I recommend you find him guilty of first degree murder."

Yeah.... I'd convict if I was on the jury.

Again in Oregon and Washington the crack is legally allowed to park on city streets and legally allowed to smoke meth/fentanyl/crack. The driving while impaired was only law he broke. That's why cops didn't respond.

I don't like it anymore than most responsible/reasonable humans hence why I voted against measure 110.

I'm not judging people for addressing crackheads and trying to prevent it in their neighborhoods. I am though saying if you approach someone with a gun drawn and in hand and that crack pulls a weapon on you and you shoot them you will be in all likelihood going to prison for at a minimum manslaughter or if the prosecutor is good enough murder 1.

Like others said "you do you" but I'll pass on playing Dad to the world.

Again in Oregon and Washington the crack is legally allowed to park on city streets and legally allowed to smoke meth/fentanyl/crack. The driving while impaired was only law he broke. That's why cops didn't respond.

I don't like it anymore than most responsible/reasonable humans hence why I voted against measure 110.

I'm not judging people for addressing crackheads and trying to prevent it in their neighborhoods. I am though saying if you approach someone with a gun drawn and in hand and that crack pulls a weapon on you and you shoot them you will be in all likelihood going to prison for at a minimum manslaughter or if the prosecutor is good enough murder 1.

Like others said "you do you" but I'll pass on playing Dad to the world.
Worse yet, they're legally allowed to make themselves at home IN YOUR YARD for as long as they please, even pitching a tent or parking an RV. Piss on these human garbage and all in Olympia/Salem who leghump them.

joe pesci youths GIF

Love that movie.... :D
Andy

Not so. It's only legal in the privacy of your residence. The law specifically states not in public. Of course a lot of crackheads ignore this law and get away with it.

And I really could care less if you or anyone else doesn't like how I handled that situation. I'd do the same thing next time, even if you want to find me guilty of something.

"Ladies and gentleman of the jury, on the fateful afternoon of xx/xx/xx, @mm93, a vigilante, approached crackhead with his gun out, hell-bent on murdering crackhead. The deceased, was a son, a husband, and a father, has now left behind a .45" hole. Was crackhead perfect? No, but who is? The crackhead family is now forever changed because @mm93 decided to take the law into his own hands. @mm93 would have you believe that he felt threatened, but the reality is that he felt that crackhead should die that day. On these grounds, I recommend you find him guilty of first degree murder."

Yeah.... I'd convict if I was on the jury.
And here's part of the problem. People are so afraid of the legal system that they'd rather do nothing than chance possibly being judged by a jury. And they'd be happy to find anyone guilty if they sat on the jury that judged someone else who decided to not standby and do something different than they would.

And here's part of the problem. People are so afraid of the legal system that they'd rather do nothing than chance possibly being judged by a jury. And they'd be happy to find anyone guilty if they sat on the jury that judged someone else who decided to not standby and do something different than they would.
You can call it whatever you like, but you're still lucky that your situation that you'd happily repeat didn't go south. Oregon is clear when you can use deadly force, and your situation is solidly on the wrong side. Like I said earlier, you do you.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top