JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The DA must have thought getting them off the street was important.
From the beginning, in this case, there was ZERO threat to the public from the "suspects." The whole elimination-of-cash-bail situation is absurd, but here is a case where it could have been used successfully.
Likewise someone who murders someone can be held in jail without being charged.
Not in the United States. Pretty clear settled law from the pesky Constitution thing that says we cannot do that. Well, at the local level anyway. Feds get to make stuff up as they go along. There were multiple layers where I worked to make sure people arrested were lawfully held and released if no charges were filed within a specific period of time, generally two days not counting weekends and holidays.
For example, Hood had time to text her son and have him bring in her firearm. Why didn't she just step out and let the heat cool down?
Perhaps she did not want to lead the assailant to her son. Under stress, folks do not make perfect decisions, especially while getting punched in the head. It appears there might have been quite a bit of this going on during the event. You are correct that avoidance is a good strategy though.

I don't think this is the world's cleanest SD case. Texting, shooting in the back, etc. But people in this kind of situation deserve the benefit of 'reasonable doubt'.

I would bet that the scenario in the OP happens on a weekly basis in Chicago. They just don't get recorded or investigated. As of 06-01-2023, there have been 7 shootings, 1 of which was fatal, in Chicago which were determined to be self defense. There have been 309 homicides so far this year in that Democrat controlled paradise.

From the beginning, in this case, there was ZERO threat to the public from the "suspects." The whole elimination-of-cash-bail situation is absurd, but here is a case where it could have been used successfully.

Not in the United States. Pretty clear settled law from the pesky Constitution thing that says we cannot do that. Well, at the local level anyway. Feds get to make stuff up as they go along. There were multiple layers where I worked to make sure people arrested were lawfully held and released if no charges were filed within a specific period of time, generally two days not counting weekends and holidays.

Perhaps she did not want to lead the assailant to her son. Under stress, folks do not make perfect decisions, especially while getting punched in the head. It appears there might have been quite a bit of this going on during the event. You are correct that avoidance is a good strategy though.
I believe police/authorities can detain a suspect for 48 hours before pressing charges.

If it is possible terrorist activity authorities can detain suspects indefinitely.

I believe police/authorities can detain a suspect for 48 hours before pressing charges.
Essentially yes. Charges have to be filed and an arrested person arraigned usually within 48 hours. Some areas have what is known as a detention release officer that reviews arrest information immediately and if officers to no meet a basic threshold then out the person goes. Variables depending on region of the country but the 48 hours is pretty standard-ish.

The first shot was 'probably' good as the kid was protecting his mother who was being beaten. However, after the assailant ran away the mother yelled to her son to kill him and the kid shot him three more times in the back as he was running away. The kid killed him after the threat had ended.
If I had done this in Portland, they would hang me.
I don't know how so many folks have missed this exact point. He had driven the assailant off, and then his mother sent him after the guy to kill him.

I don't know how so many folks have missed this exact point. He had driven the assailant off, and then his mother sent him after the guy to kill him.
It's like prengels. Once you pop you just can't stop.
Screenshot_20230701_230244.jpg

You do? Always?
I dont know how the whole thing works, but there are people who shoot others in defense that dont even get arrested... technically they just "murdered" someone too.
Incorrect. Murder is the crime of a wrongful homicide. People who shoot others in self defense commit a homicide, but it is not murder, it is a justified homicide. Same goes for capital penalty executioners

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top