JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think I would have done the same.

However....
We ain't talking about me...and what I did or would do.

At the end of the day...what he did worked for him...and didn't harm others who weren't a threat...so that is a win.
Andy
It wouldn't have been my choice either. Although he did have a view outside his door... it was limited. My big concern would be not having full situational awareness and running the risk of some innocent bystander attempting to run by those guys in the hall at the moment my bullets are in the air.

I don't believe he did anything "wrong" so much as it certainly wasn't ideal.. which is rarely the case anyway... and it did in fact all work out for him. No harm, no foul.

That "heavy"concrete" is called stucco. It's a Vernier that's .375" at its absolute thickest and the "steel" doors probably have one layer of 22 ga. Steel.

That "heavy"concrete" is called stucco. It's a Vernier that's .375" at its absolute thickest and the "steel" doors probably have one layer of 22 ga. Steel.
Stucco type finish over concrete. If you notice... the concrete pour expansion seams are readily visible. Framed exterior stucco wall applications are smooth surfaced.

I don't believe anyone was making any claim about the thickness or skin of the door making his rounds no longer lethal, but it does trim the power off. Making any perpetration of a concrete exterior wall all the less likely.

I have no problem with him shooting through a closed door when he is watching security cameras that show two armed assailants on the other side trying to bridge the entry. In that situation he knew where they were standing and they were unaware of where he was, that was the time to shoot at the bad guys. However, I would not have emptied my magazine unless I had others on my body.
I also have no problem with him firing his firearm and the backstop is another apartment about 15' away. His bullets have to travel thru two walls before they enter that apt. What is he supposed to do? Not shoot at people trying to kill him because there is a small chance the adjacent apt is occupied and a round he fires could randomly hit someone.
It would have been questionable to allow them to open his door and make himself an easier target prior to shooting. He would have had an easier shot at them, with the tradeoff being they have an easier shot at him... With the door closed they did not have a shot at him.
Yep. Unless you were there and felt the threat he did, we are just speculating about what we all "woulda dun".

I'm sure the guys were just collecting for the March of Crimes or some other innocent act. Seems rather rude of them, tho, to just leave without saying anything when the homeowner was just sayin' hello. Go figure.🤔

Last Edited:
Two armed goons trying to kick your door in would be terrifying for most people. It's understandable for someone to panic and start firing rounds off.

If those two guys would've gotten that door down things could've went real bad real quick. Shots mightve found their way through sheet rock walls and into neighboring apartments. Or into the homeowner and his brothers person.

I'm a vocal person and would've started shouting after that first kick. If the kicking continued after shouting "I will shoot your a**es" then I probably would've let go of a few rounds too.

Good shoot in a Bad situation, and a very good example of how critical your carry ammo choice is going to be, a good barrier blind load isn't going to expand in a tango, but may stop the threat ( As it did here), but in this case and for this purpose, did exactly what it was supposed to do, i'm wondering what caliber and bullet he used! Outside of that, I find no fault in what he did, his shooting was of an appropriate level of violence, his aim seemed well practiced, he knew exactly where he was shooting and he shot from a low position, though I personally would have taken a knee so I was shooting more upwards to ensure any pass throughs or miss's went high and would not likely hit anyone across the way!

This is one of many reasons WHY I choose the 10 mm auto, a 180 grain Golden Saber for daily carry for most threats, but a 220 Laser Cast solid for everything else!
Here is where a .44 Magnum would be an excellent HD weapon, enough power to send a Hollow Point THROUGH a door or wall and still have enough of a chunk to cause lethal trauma to a tango and then stop in the far wall, Again, proper bullet selection is critical here!
Now, Ask your self, how would a ShotGat done in this situation? Buck or Slugs, or,.......................
For me, it's #4 Buck the first three rounds, then "T" shot for all the remaining shells!
For the AR, it's 50 grain Varminators, well proven to blow through steel doors ( And Car Doors) while remaining lethal, but stopped easy by cement, with the bonus of low chance of a ricochet!

Previously, I commented it would be interesting to hear the thoughts of an attorney who specializes in 2A cases on this particular gunfire instance; that is what the above video is about...
The short answer is he seems of the opinion that shooting a few rounds through the closed door in this circumstance would probably be legally justifiable. Having shot all the rounds in the magazine (13?) would be harder to legally justify.

If you wait until they kick the door open, now you have two shooters that can see you and you still have to shoot towards the neighbor's apartment if you want to defend yourself.

What a lunatic that the guy shot through a closed door. I would wait until they kick the door in and the shoot until the threat was subdued.
Adrenalin up door being kicked in, panic perhaps, not "idiocy". One doesnt know how one will react until one is IN THE SITUATION, or similar. But yes, I know what you're saying. Been there myself... Generally it's illegal to shoot someone until you can articulate fear for your life (or another's).. Best they drop INSIDE, not on the porch, as a rule ...

Someone with a gun was forcibly trying to enter and he had it on video. Thus he had proof that his life was on the line for in the courtroom. he should have only shot half of his capacity though, in case the guy had managed to get through the door.

You try to hurt me, I hurt you worse!
Thats all you need to know.
First and foremost, protect yourself & family.

F78cNSNXwAALvc2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top