Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Outlawing Toy Guns?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by rufus, Feb 21, 2012.

1. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Toy Guns Becoming A Criminal Offense

If a gangbanger wants to get into a gunfight with a toy gun, what's the problem? I don't get it. :huh:

2. DOA

DOA Aloha, OR -185th & TV Hwy Active Member

If I recall correctly, an armed guard was once held hostage and had his firearm removed with a highlighter to the back of the head. They then proceeded to rob the bank with a real gun. With that being said, if a gangbanger has no fear of immediate consequences, but chooses to use fear as means of intimidation- with a real or fake firearm. The person on the receiving end would not stop to think(presumably), "hey, this might be a toy gun", "or that IS a toy gun (but it was real)". Now go a little further down the hole and imagine what they can do to a female, or male, in depravity and in fear of their life. I would hate to be an officer living with the guilt of a toy gun vs a life...mine or theirs.

I get your logic too, but it is an obvious way around the law as it currently stands.

3. JORHAMMER

JORHAMMER Sherwood Member

I much rather see them ban making real guns look like toys. Like painting them in pastel colors so they look pretty.

4. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

More unnecessary nanny-state crap.

5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Didn't John Dillinger break out of Jail using a carved wooden gun?

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Yeah. Dillinger broke out of lockup a couple of times.
    Hyde Park Media - John Dillinger

7. locobob

locobob Beaverton, Oregon Well-Known Member

Yep, that about sums it up. Robbery is a crime no matter if the crook uses a real gun or a fake one. Lets go after the real crimes and stop with the silliness already.

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  8. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Jones needs a reality check if he thinks a little orange plug in the barrel of a toy gun is going to save a life.

I'll revise the first paragraph to make it accurate: